Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

I read this yesterday. And then there is story that was posted today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...e-for-coronavirus-118-new-deaths-reported.amp

I'm not sure that these people should have been brought home until all were deemed virus free. As it stands now over 20% of the people on that ship have contracted CoViD-19.
    Each case brought back to the US raises the chances of escape into our population.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. surviving

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

4. Lindigo

I think it is like bringing that known Ebola patient home. One plane full of known patients and potential patients we can handle. Everyone was doomed to infection on the cruise ship. There was no standard medical quarantine going on. In fact, bringing everyone home immediately is what would have cut the danger down. Yes, there is risk, but it is manageable. The loners turning up from travel to China are more worrisome to me. Hopefully we can continue to catch those souls quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I agree about bringing them home for better care, but it said that the other passengers on that plane were not told. I disagree with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sharpie61

7. surviving

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. surviving

9. Lindigo

THEY WERE NOT TOLD?!? OMG I saw a video of how they sat in the plane. The air circulates from the nose to the rear of the plane. They were in three groups, with as much vacant seating as possible between the groups. The hopefully healthy people were seated up front and the infected people were at the back

10. Sharpie61

Yes, I posted another link, in another comment, about how they were separated.
    Still doesn’t change the fact, those who weren’t sick, weren’t told though.

The truth is out there

11. Lindigo

12. Lindigo

Yes, our posts crossed a second time. You're right--not being informed isn't right. But I'm glad they got home, and maybe they wouldn't have if they had understood the risk. That's the best spin I can put on it. God bless and protect them, and I hope they stay well.

13. Lindigo

I stopped by Kaiser yesterday to pick up my asthma medicine and, instead of Hello, the pharmacy counter lady greeted me with, We don't have any masks; don't ask for them. They are made in China.

I said, is the US going to start manufacturing? She didn't know. I told her I had my respirator and she said, yeah, people were getting supplies from Lowes and Home Depot, but the hospitals are wiped out of supplies. (I bet they do have masks but are saving them for their own workers. At least I hope so.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

3M makes them in the USA. You can buy them, at least online (not sure about in stores).

There was a story on the local news about their plants working round the clock (3M headquarters are in Minnesota).

15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

16. surviving

Probably so they can't find Patient Zero in Italy or South Korea. Also Iran is beginning to show signs of an outbreak. CDC said Friday community spread was highly likely in US eventually. They are doing everything they can to buy time

https://apnews.com/783c7a396adf5f99b8cff399f9478e36

#217 surviving, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  17. Lindigo

Now is the time. I picked up extra prescriptions so I wouldn't have to go near the hospital and I laid in some canned chili. But I know it wouldn't hurt to do it up properly. It's just not in my grasshopper personality.

I watched a home prepper video who showed what to buy in case you need to set up a containment section in your home for an ill family member. It was actually upbeat. Pick a corner with a window for the sake of the sick person to have a view. What supplies to buy to create the blocked off space (reminded me of the way Walter and Jesse set up a cook space in the houses that were being bug bombed). She ended with, now, stop worrying, get on with life, and let's all be kind to each other. I would join her group for an apocalypse. lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member