Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

LOL! Like you didn’t know that was coming....

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I love that movie!

4. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Someone leaked Iranian data showing things were much worse than they admitted. Countries lie.

"
    The government's own records appear to show almost 42,000 people died with Covid-19 symptoms up to 20 July, versus 14,405 reported by its health ministry.

The number of people known to be infected is also almost double official figures: 451,024 as opposed to 278,827."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53598965

7. surviving

About two months ago satellite photos showed mass graves being dug

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. surviving

9. surviving

10. surviving

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

There's a lot of evidence that backs up what they're saying too. Remember when the WHO and the CDC were telling us that wearing a mask wouldn't help?

It's my opinion that our media created this false sense of security and faith in these masks. The media has also programmed us to believe this false idea that it's better to be locked down and that if we don't then we're an embarrassment compared to the rest of the world for how we're handling this.

If that's the case, then why are our infection rates rising at the same level as many other countries in the world if our lock downs and masks are the answer to stopping this, or at the very least, designed to slow down the virus from spreading so quickly?

If the masks truly work, then what is the need to shut things down? If shutting things down and having people maintain a six-foot distance from one another is the answer, then what is the purpose of wearing the mask?

We're all putting our stock into elitist politicians and a media that has agendas that aren't in our best interests.

Exercise, take vitamins, eat good healthy food and wash your hands and face on a regular basis. Those things are a million times better than hiding in a basement and wearing a useless mask. Why aren't our politicians and our media putting more emphasis on those things?

• Like Like x 1
  12. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's amazing how people seek confirmation bias too for their twisted beliefs. They search for that one quack report and latch onto it like a tick. It's the same way with the anti-vaxers. Wish they could all live in their own leper style colony together rather than infecting the rest of us.

• Like Like x 2
  14. surviving

Most people have the misconception that masks protect them from the virus when in fact it protects everyone from you. Surgeons dont wear masks to protect themselves but to protect the patient.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article

The above link is about a study on cloth masks. Basically its conclusion is any mask is better than no mask in reducing spread.

As far as lockdowns and social distancing, anything that reduces physical contact reduces spread.

There is no one method solves all spread. All methods must be used in conjunction with each other to reduce spread.
    I agree with all the preventive methods described at the end of your post but additional steps must taken with these.

BTW I personally dont believe we're an embarrassment. Given the numbers of infected people with number of deaths percentage wise, we are doing well compared to the rest of the world.

15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I wear a mask when out in public as well. Mostly because it's a mandate. lol. But still... I understand the school of thought behind why the mask "might" help and I will do what I'm told as long as it's for the public good. I just have questions about how effective that is, and rightfully so.

I just think that there's a lot of people out there who are putting their faith in the mask simply because Matthew McConaughey and Jen Aniston screamed "WEAR THE DAMN MASK". Guess what? They don't know what the hell they are talking about any more than we do.

And guess what else? Lots of stories out there of people who wore the mask and still got COVID. Hmmmm. Why is that happening? Because they aren't washing their hands regularly and then they futz around with their masks, rendering them useless. (most likely, lol).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sharpie61

I have seen people wearing some of the nastiest masks on their faces. You can tell that they aren’t washing them, or changing them.
    My daughter also said that there is an uptick of patients who are now suffering from bacteria infections.
    So there is a downside to wearing a piece of cloth on your face.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I saw someone yesterday who literally repurposed their underwear as a mask. And the undies did not look clean. I shit you not.

Bah duh bummmm.... chiiiing!

To be clear, my story is 100% truth, but I couldn't pass up doing the last part to make it seem like a corny joke. lol

Of course it was at a Walmart and everyone was doing double takes and staring at the guy. It was really gross. I don't care if those things were fresh out of the package, we know where they are supposed to be worn. lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. surviving

You have to wonder how many of these people who wore masks and caught the virus had their little face penis showing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. surviving

This virus in some aspects is a damned if you do and a damned if you dont

20. Sharpie61

I disagree.
    All people need is common sense when it comes to wearing a mask.
    Like doctors and nurses, you change them often. You clean and sanitize the reusable ones daily.
    Or be like me. I have 15 different material patterns so I can change them throughout my work day, and only have to wash once a week.
    I found fun designs with bandanas, that I sew into a mask. And my customers seem like them. Specially the ones I’ve painted on.
    Made this one from a pillow case.
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

• Winner Winner x 1