Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

WOW
    I was just told that one of our co-workers from the corporate campus was taken to the hospital last night and put into ICU.
    I knew he had tested positive, but didn’t know he was bad off. He caught the virus from his son, who got it from someone at school.
    The employees around him have tested negative. As did our main supervisor.

*My thoughts are with you Brian

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Here's something I found shocking. Almost as many new restaurants have opened recently as did last year. I suppose people have adapted to the new environment.

"
    Even though 2020 has been a tough year for restaurants, thousands of new establishments opened their doors in September, according to new data.

On Thursday, Yelp published its third-quarter Economic Average report, which found that restaurants are opening “at a higher rate than one might expect” during the coronavirus pandemic.

In fact, 6,497 new restaurants and food businesses opened in September, according to the data. That’s only 100 fewer than the number of new restaurant openings in the same time period last year."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/6500-new-restaurants-opened-september

3. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...or-coronavirus-deaths-in-new-york/ar-BB1adGlL

Governor Quisling continues to deflect blame for his failures. Also he has selective memory. Trump did issue a European travel ban and was attacked for doing so. The date the travel ban took effect Italy had only a little over 10000 cases.
    If Trump had done what was necessary, complete total shutdown of the American borders, imagine what the reaction would have been.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

He has a very selective memory. Or maybe he has an intrinsic talent for spinning tall tales that are designed to make him look good. He's even lied about the nature of his love fest/softball interviews with his little brother by stating that they were substantive. Did you see any of those? They both acted like they were on Jimmy Kimmel. It was a joke. Not the enjoyable type of joke either.

#2864 Jama, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

7. surviving

No I avoided those like COVID.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Well good for you! Like Coronavirus, it was highly contagious and easily transmitted. Except stupidity was the symptom in this case. Yes, I definitely caught it. No surprise there. Lol. But I only had it for a day or two since I wasn't buying what Andy and Fredo were selling. This is what I get for watching CNN. Haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. surviving

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. surviving

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

How? Seriously.

14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

When Trump said that the Coronavirus would be "gone" by November 4th. Only people who hated Trump took that seriously. His comments were taken out of context because he wasn't implying that it would literally be gone.

He was essentially making a prediction that traditional media/social media wouldn't make AS BIG of a deal about COVID after the election because all of the focus would be on who won or who hasn't won as of yet (based on several insider predictions). Also because of the media's reaction to how he's handled the crisis. Whether they are right or wrong, it is largely perceived that the media as a whole believes that Trump handled COVID poorly and that Joe Biden will handle it better.

Therefore, if Joe Biden wins, coverage of the COVID crisis will sort of "go away" or at least been covered in a more positive light regardless of whether Biden has done anything differently that Trump has. Whereas if Trump wins, the media will continue with the same type of coverage as they were before the election.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. PepperAnn

Thank you, that answers my question. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Why are you laughing out loud about me giving you a serious answer to your question? This is serious business that should require a certain measure of seriousness on your part. You need to take this more seriously. I'm being serious! If your laughter is serious, then I'll accept that.;-)

17. PepperAnn

I always take my laughter seriously.
    :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

You better! This is super important.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. surviving