Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Then why the hell cant they get Republicans in Congress to wear masks on Federal property, Airports, Planes etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It's the same reason Feinstein was filmed at the airport without a mask when it's a requirement to wear one. Laws are meant for little people like us, not them.

3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

The operative words here are: Almost, sounds, and like.

Thank you. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

As the Reuters article listed, those two things were only part of his comprehensive plan.

As for the mask mandate, what part of my previous comment in regards to said mandate in which I stated “I think should have been way more draconian and expansive” didn’t you understand? I’m actually agreeing with you that it should have gone farther.

5. Morgotha

The Reuters link was in a later post. My point was that those two articles you posted to show he was doing something didn't show him trying to do anything new that would change much. I'm not arguing with you that if his goal is to perform better than Trump he actually has to perform better than Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Morgotha

So the NY Times in the news section (not the opinion section) called Biden "the most religiously observant commander in chief in half a century. That's kind of odd, considering he has only been commander in chief for a single Sunday, so we don't even know if as a commander in chief he'll go to church regularly or not. LOL, it's safe to say he hasn't missed a single Sunday of his term!

Jimmy Carter is very faithful, and continued to teach Sunday School while president and after his presidency into his 90's. The Clintons went to church as well. Bush, Sr. and Jr.... all of them were actually commander in chief and had some proof of their faith in office. Isn't a BIT too soon to be saying Biden overtakes them all when he's only been president for 6 days?

And keep in mind this was reported as NEWS, not an opinion. Man, the NY Times is in bad shape.

"His comments come after The New York Times described President Biden as "perhaps the most religiously observant commander in chief in half a century" in a story published Saturday. The piece received pushback from conservatives, who were quick to point out former presidents George W. Bush and Jimmy Carter for their outspoken faith."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/concha-ny-times-biden-most-religiously-observant-president

7. purriwinkle

Maybe it’s a reference to his carrying the rosary on him daily.

My vote would be for Jimmy Carter, however.

8. Morgotha

LOL, your statement brought up a memory from so long ago! I remember when I was younger and would go to the gym these muscular guys were having a conversation that I couldn't help overhearing ;). Anyway, one of them was saying how good a basketball player another guy was, which was loudly denied by a couple of other of the men present. To back up his claim, the man said, "the guy has like 3 basketballs in his car", to which the other man replied, "Shitt, even I can buy 3 basketballs!"

The point being it isn't what you carry around with you, but what you do with it.

9. purriwinkle

I agree. I should have put the eye roll emoji after my first sentence. Lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. DeadZedHead

How bout if he shot pepperballs at a crowd of peaceful protesters so he could hold it up for a pic in front of a church. Would that make him more religious?

11. Morgotha

:rolleyes: Great job derailing the train.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DeadZedHead

Thank you. I consider this 50 anti trump threads. They just need a little nudge.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Morgotha

Regeneron still works as treatment for the covid mutants.

"
    (CNN)Tests on two different variants of the coronavirus show that one of the two monoclonal antibodies in Regeneron's cocktail therapy can neutralize both, despite the mutations, researchers reported Wednesday.

The tests also confirm what other teams of researchers have found: vaccines are likely to protect people against both the variant first seen in Britain and known as B.1.1.7, and one first noted in South Africa and called B.1.135. However, the mutations in B.1.135 do allow the virus to evade immune responses a little more, the team, led by Dr. David Ho at Columbia University's Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center, reported in a pre-print report -- one not yet published in a peer-reviewed journal.

Regeneron's cocktail has been granted emergency use authorization by the US Food and Drug Administration, and it was used to treat former president Donald Trump when he was infected with coronavirus last year.

"As we expected, the virus continues to mutate, and these data show the continued ability of REGEN-COV to neutralize emerging strains, further validating our multi-antibody cocktail approach to infectious diseases," Regeneron president Dr. George Yancopoulos said in a statement."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/27/health/regeneron-coronavirus-variants/index.html

14. Morgotha

15. DeadZedHead

California may have been one of the first states to be infected. It’s a common destination among Chinese tourists. They believe that there were lots of undiagnosed cases as early as October 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Morgotha

Well, since the election's over some bits of truth are coming out. According the the NY Atorrnedy General, New York apparently under-reported their fatalities in the nursing homes by 50% and even MORE concerning, they "obscured the data available to assess that risk". It's a good thing Cuomo's already made his money off his book (saying what a great virus crisis manager he was), this is a pretty damning accusation, and from a Democratic AG to boot.

"
    New York Attorney General Letitia James said that the state Department of Health underreported COVID-19 deaths in nursing homes by as much as 50%, according to a report released Thursday.

The report holds New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's feet to the fire for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic in the early months, after he directed nursing homes in the Empire State to accept patients who had or were suspected of having COVID-19. The decision created an onslaught of COVID-19 cases that infected thousands of elderly patients and resulted in hundreds of deaths among the state's most vulnerable population.

The state Department of Health reported that as of Jan. 27, there were 5,957 confirmed deaths due to the coronavirus in nursing homes and an additional 2,783 presumed deaths. In assisted care facilities, there were 160 deaths and 52 presumed deaths.

Cuomo has defended the nursing home policy as in-line with guidance from the Trump administration at the time. The governor was silent Thursday following the new AG report and did not respond to Fox News' immediate request for comment.

James' report said that government guidance requiring the admission of COVID-19 patients into nursing homes may have put residents at increased risk of harm in some facilities and may have obscured the data available to assess that risk."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-undercounted-nursing-home-deaths-by-as-much-as-50-state-ag-says

17. purriwinkle

In comparison to what’s going on in California, referred to as the new corona virus epicenter, what happened in the early days of the pandemic, when there was atrocious federal guidance and we were faced with something new, it almost seems insignificant.

So what’s the west coast’s excuse now?

18. Morgotha

"It's Trump's fault!" .... what else?

19. purriwinkle

/\/\ Makes sense to me, lol.

By the way, the data discrepancy on Nursing Home deaths in NYS was the lead news story locally. One thing discovered was that the death of a COVID patient was recorded among the stats of the place that the patient died, not their residence. So, if a patient came from a nursing home but then died at the hospital they weren’t counted as a nursing home death. Bit of a statistic shell game to me. *shrugs*

This is part of Dr. Howard Zucker’s (commissioner of health for NYS) response:

The New York State Office of the Attorney General report is clear that there was no undercount of the total death toll from this once-in-a-century pandemic. The OAG affirms that the total number of deaths in hospitals and nursing homes is full and accurate. New York State Department of Health has always publicly reported the number of fatalities within hospitals irrespective of the residence of the patient, and separately reported the number of fatalities within nursing home facilities and has been clear about the nature of that reporting. Indeed, the OAG acknowledges in a footnote on page 71 that DOH was always clear that the data on its website pertains to in-facility fatalities and does not include deaths outside of a facility. The word "undercount" implies there are more total fatalities than have been reported; this is factually wrong. In fact, the OAG report itself repudiates the suggestion that there was any "undercount" of the total death number.

The OAG's report is only referring to the count of people who were in nursing homes but transferred to hospitals and later died. The OAG suggests that all should be counted as nursing home deaths and not hospital deaths even though they died in hospitals. That does not in any way change the total count of deaths but is instead a question of allocating the number of deaths between hospitals and nursing homes. DOH has consistently made clear that our numbers are reported based on the place of death. DOH does not disagree that the number of people transferred from a nursing home to a hospital is an important data point, and is in the midst of auditing this data from nursing homes. As the OAG report states, reporting from nursing homes is inconsistent and often inaccurate.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Morgotha

The point being that Cuomo's order caused more deaths of residents of nursing homes than people were led to believe - by a lot. They died because he forced sick people in a closed environment with healthy ones.

#3160 Morgotha, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021