Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Actually that would be pretty hypocritical of her to say that. Thats a stupid thing to say at all. Anyone CAN have bad intentions but obviously that cant be assumed. I think that was the common belief. Like i said that wasn’t what i was hearing. All accusations should be taken seriously is what i heard a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DeadZedHead

I was talking about sexual assault allegations. Ya pretty stupid but did they ever prove that was him. I know he denied it.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I don't think she meant that literally, but that everyone should be heard.

4. Morgotha

I think what he did was say he didn't remember which one of them he was, the blacface guy or the klansman. One would think he'd remember his own yearbook.

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

First off, Cuomo wasn’t accused of saying anything that lurid. I believe he asked the one young women if she ever had sex with older men. If that wasn’t a pathetic come on, lol, however I could think of several come backs that should have put an end to that...

1. I’m not comfortable discussing that at work....smile....go on with whatever you were doing prior at which point an apology should be issued right then and there.

2. I never kiss and tell....smile...go on with whatever you were doing prior....this is the riskiest retort as it could be interpreted as interest

3. Why do you ask? Or simply No. followed by, Have you? ....smile....go on with what you were doing, if he’s not too flustered....

i don’t think he’ll be impeached but he may have to resign. Apparently his whole management style needs to be amended in general, however not everyone is a peach to work for. Just from my own experience, I’ve had some very “strange” bosses from time to time over the years. If I was unhappy, I obtained a different position elsewhere and believe me, some of those guys were doozies, lol.

Let me tell you a story. This took place, Lord, has to be 40 yrs or so now....
    One guy I worked for actually committed ,what would be recognized today as sexual assault (not rape thankfully) ,on one of my co-workers. She came running to me immediately to tell me what had happened. After my initial incredulous, No ****ing way, I didn’t handle it very well. The mental picture of our boss doing what she described struck me as hilarious. This “pillar of the community” acting like a school boy horn dog made me double over in laughter. It was a small office and I know he heard her tell me and what my reaction to his sexual advances were. The upshot was that for the rest of the day, every time I thought about it I’d break into new bouts of uncontrollable laughter. I had to literally bite my cheek every time I had to see him to keep from laughing in his face.

I don’t believe he liked being laughed at and as far as I know he never repeated it at least while I was there, but we ladies in the office all made a pact never to be alone with him. If someone had to stay late and he was there, at least one person would stay late as well. We always sat together at lunch. There was no one over him to report the incident to but armed with knowledge we protected ourselves as well as we could at the time. I left that position within a year to go back to college but I’ve always wondered what happened to that poor girl, who needed that job.

Today, things would be handled entirely different. There was no accountability then and that was bad. Before I retired, we were mandated to complete a training seminar on sexual harassment in the workplace with avenues on how to view and report such things. That’s excellent but each incident should be evaluated case by case, and you’re right, some men think they don’t have to play by the rules if they’re at the top of the feeding chain.

In this particular case with the Gov. the chips will fall where they may. It certainly will be interesting. You’ll have to excuse my lack of outrage though as I’ve seen much worse. Maybe I’m a dinosaur. Perhaps I’ve become indifferent over the years or I fear that we’re going to get to the point of fatigue over every “little” thing with this issue that the pendulum will begin to swing the other way. There are much more serious offenses that need to be called out publicly and some issues that can be resolved in other ways.

6. Morgotha

From the L.A. Times:

"
    ALBANY, N.Y. —

A former member of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration who previously accused him of sexual harassment offered new details Wednesday, saying he once kissed her on the lips without consent.

Lindsey Boylan said that during her more than three years in the Democrat’s administration, Cuomo “would go out of his way to touch me on my lower back, arms and legs,” compared her to one of his rumored ex-girlfriends and once remarked they should play strip poker."

Then there's this one that I find pretty unsettling, and I bet you do, too:

"
    Boylan wrote that after a December 2016 holiday party in Albany, the governor summoned her to his office, where Cuomo showed her a cigar box he’d received from former President Clinton.

Cuomo “didn’t touch me,” Boylan wrote, but the one-on-one encounter made her uncomfortable."

That seems to me to be both creepy and deniably vaguely threatening.

Personally, I doubt he'll be impeached, and think he's too arrogant to retire, so he'll stay on but will have an asterisk after his name at this point and likely won't be treated as a media darling any more.

On the "are we too sensitive" bit? I agree society is too sensitive, but if we are going to stop being so I'd rather start with the people harassing Dr. Seuss than with Gov. Gropey.

#3346 Morgotha, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  7. DeadZedHead

Everyone did stupid stuff in high school and even college. Owning up to it can earn a lot of brownie points.

8. Morgotha

Yes, it could. There's no way THAT would be forgiven, though. Well... the Dems did have Sen. Byrd, an actual Klansman (and Hillary's mentor) in their ranks so maybe they *would* forgive him, or be o.k. with it.

9. DeadZedHead

Gov Gropey. Lol i like that one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DeadZedHead

Its funny, maybe before me too this would have been the end all be all of career suicide but right now the spotlight is on S.H. These are not being dealt with as harshly. The pendulum will swing.

11. purriwinkle

I wish my friend had been so fortunate to only have her arms, lower back and/ or legs “touched”. Besides, what kind of touch are we talking about? Fingers brushing, laying a hand on her arm, actually grabbing, what her back? There could be a nuanced accusation there but I think the only professional approach today is NO touching whatsoever. If Andy was stupid enough to open the door he has to face whatever comes through it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Morgotha

So what, you think he's like one of those blue-collar NY guys who innocently touches people all the time? For example saying something like, (while thumping her shoulder with his knuckles) "yo Adrian, look at dat pizza pie over dere!" or something like that?

Sorry, it's hard for me to accept that the same man that called her in to look at Clinton's cigar box was "innocently" touching her legs, arms, or other parts of her, for that matter.

What really surprises me is how fumbling he seems to be about it. I'd think he'd be more aggressive or forceful somehow. He seems to be acting like a nervous high schooler.

At the end of the day, it probably doesn't matter anyway. The more cynical part of me says it's all a Democrat-planned smokescreen to get people to stop paying attention to all the people he killed in the nursing homes.

13. purriwinkle

Read your own postings. In the one incident with Boylan who said Andy asked her into his office to see Clinton’s cigar box he DID NOT touch her, just made her feel uncomfortable. Poor baby. It was after a holiday party. Wonder how much they both had to drink?

As for innocent touching, he is Italian, :D

oh, and Democrats think these women are Republican plants, lol

*just throwing out shit. Thought you could appreciate that. :cool:

#3353 purriwinkle, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Apt. Apt analysis, Pepper! :cool:

15. Morgotha

Welcome back!

16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I thought so too.

17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Meh

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. purriwinkle

Getting my first Moderna COVID 19 vaccine shot tomorrow! MM gets his through the VA on Saturday and Mr. Frisky is scheduled for Sunday. I’ll let you know how we make out. I’m relatively healthy, MM has co-morbities and MF is elderly, in his nineties but in good shape for his age. Hopefully no one will experience any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Morgotha

Yeah, you'll be fine. More than anything it seems like the people getting woozy, etc. are having anxiety attacks, not vaccine reactions. Just relax, and if Mr. Frisky gets anxious in general tell him there are some cute young chippees in there that want to see a manly man and not a scardey cat and he'll be fine.

Actually most people here seem to have more trouble with the second shot than the first - I suppose that proves there's an antibody response. I had kind of a bizarre thing in that I got my first shot in the right arm without incident, and had the second in the left - but after the 2nd injection my *right* arm injection site started aching like crazy. Never had that happen before. In any event, I guess it's doing something.

• Like Like x 1
  20. purriwinkle

That’s what I heard as well, some reactions occurring after the second shot. I do worry about my husband though with his health issues OTOH I don’t think he’d survive a bout with COVID. I think they’ll watch him carefully considering his history.

• Friendly Friendly x 1