Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Lives would've been saved initially, but I don't think a good response at the beginning would've had any impact on the receptivity to vaccines.

We had a strong and growing anti-vaxxer movement in the country prior to the pandemic. On top of that it's become a political thing, and high profile media personalities are pushing back against it as well.

I think the biggest problem though for us this year was the CDC's idiotic lifting of the indoor mask mandate. Not only did it give the false impression that the pandemic was over, but it took away the one main tool that we had in controlling the virus. The honor system for mask wearing is the height of idiocy. I guess we can take all metal detectors away too if we just promise we don't have any weapons.

I'm all for getting as many people vaccinated as possible, but it's getting to the point now where the pleas are ridiculous. Sure we'll reach a few hesitant people, but most are dug in. We need to face how we're going to navigate to the end of this thing without the participation of 30-40% of the population. And the only way to do that is to mask indoors. It doesn't mean shutting down, just taking precautions, curtailing the spread and reducing the opportunity for it to create even more variants.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Ya. Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Stealth

Yeah, it's all very frustrating.

4. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I think i read something like 40 percent of adults have no plan to vaccinate. If it was legitimate health concerns i would understand but its mostly political.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I would bet if you could scrape away all the self-serving b.s. people spout, the real reason those 40% aren't being vaccinated are:

1% of people are truly mentally unwell and honestly believe there's some big conspiracy out there

1% of people have some honest health/politcal gripe that means more to them than being vaccinated

38% of people are just to lazy to get it done, regardless of what excuse they give.

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Really? If so, then why is the data showing that political leanings and ideologies are almost at an even split amongst those who remain unvaccinated?

Do you honestly believe that all of the 40% of unvaccinated adults are secret Republicans or "sleeper cell Trump supporters", and they're lying to the people taking these surveys and telling them they're Democrats? As ol' Sleepy Joe would say "Come on, man!"

7. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Canada has now surpassed the US as far as vaccinations go. 75% have been vaccinated at least once and about 60% have been vaccinated twice. Also, Florida’s getting really bad again as the delta variant spreads.

8. Biffster

I believe this qualifies as trolling, by the way. I’d like to report it as inappropriate.

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Waiting (im)patiently for the border to open. We’re all fully vaccinated and we want to go to Toronto. I hope it’ll be soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. purriwinkle

You’re so kind. Seriously, I feel that anyone who’s stupid enough not to get vaccinated at this point, no matter why and provided there are no medical impediments, deserves what they get. If they make out, great. If they don’t , so what. It was their choice. What makes me mad is that their lack of good judgement can come back to bite everyone in the ass if more mutations develop. Wearing a mask indoors is the least everyone can do.

11. Biffster

August 9 is the big date from what I’ve read. I sure hope as a world we can get a handle on this virus soon. I’m not looking forward to more lockdowns down the road.

12. Morgotha

I'd agree, provided we're talking about an *adult* population. Children aren't responsible for their vaccination status.

I'd also agree that the problem is an unvaccinated person doesn't just put themselves at risk, they risk the health of everyone around them.

13. Morgotha

Funny this should come up again, yesterday I asked all our staff to start wearing masks *indoors* when they go to the market, etc. - pretty much anywhere outside their own house. Better safe than sorry, and who needs another outbreak?

14. Morgotha

As if to show it isn't the Trumpers that are spreading covid, a sixth democrat from Texas has tested positive, and now they say they are going to quit posting how many more of them test positive. Goes to show in a closed environment like a plane, wearing a mask is still a good thing. I thought that was still "the law". I don't know why all these Democrats don't have to follow that like everyone else.

[​IMG]

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sixth-texas-dem-comes-down-with-covid-19-and-is-isolating-report

15. Biffster

Exactly. But there are still a lot of deniers out there. Far too many. They endanger not just their own lives but everyone else as well.

16. Morgotha

Possibly related to the above, Kamala Harris went to Walter Reed for a "routine checkup" on Sunday - she having met with the Texas bunch previously.

Yes, yes, I know most of you are saying that doctors don't "routinely" see office visits on Sundays, and we're probably being lied to by the .gov and the media, but - Democrat.

"

17. Biffster

The virus doesn’t really care what your political affiliation is. It just sees a potential new host.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stealth

My biggest concern with the unvaccinated is that they'll get kids and the immune compromised people sick. Also, the more this is spread the more it mutates and that puts all of us at risk. Even the Delta variant is breaking through with some vaccinated people.

At this point though I feel as if the CDC is even more to blame than the unvaccinated. Their job is to look out for the public health. As I mentioned before the honor system is idiotic. We all knew the unvaccinated would go without masks when the guidelines were changed. We can't force shots into people's arms. The only way we can mitigate it is to stop the transmission.

Biden completely lost me with that idiotic speech in May about taking off masks and "seeing people smile again." What are we, 8-years-olds? Just end the damn pandemic when you had it on the ropes. We're such a dysfunctional society when we can't even work to stop a deadly virus.

And everyone makes a big deal about masks. So what? When it gets colder do these idiots continue to wear shorts and t-shirts? No, you put on warmer clothes. So just put on a damn mask when you walk into the store. What do these people want to be seen or something? Most of them look better with their damn masks on. Enough. I'm just sick of the stupidity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. purriwinkle

Well, this is an interesting situation. So much more to think about than simply the “Democrats” are the ones spreading the virus. For instance, what I’d like to know is, were all these people fully vaccinated? If so, did any of them appear to be sick? It also makes me wonder that if fully vaccinated people can carry the virus are they able to spread it to other vaccinated people or only unvaccinated ones? I wonder if I or my family and friends (all fully vaccinated) could be harboring the virus unknowingly despite our being asymptomatic.

I hope the medical community is all over this one. Maybe some of these questions have been already answered but we have a little test group here to observe further. What an opportunity to get more information.

• Like Like x 1
  20. purriwinkle

Common sense tells me that under the circumstances she requested a COVID test while on her routine visit. I would have if I had just met with a group of people where several tested positive.