Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Whatcha in for?
    Wearing a watermelon on my head.

lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Trump's doc giving him quinidine at the same time as azithromycin (an antibiotic that people with arrhythmias need to watch out for) seems like a real setup for a cardiac event. To give that to someone who doesn't even HAVE the coronavirus? LOL, man that doc is nuts. He must want to be the White House doc really, really badly.

Or... maybe he works for Hillary, who knows?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Morgotha

His cellmate's response would probably be: "no kidding? me too!"

#1883 Morgotha, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. Morgotha

A politician with some sense:

"
    Senate Armed Services Committee member Tom Cotton, R-Ark., joined "Hannity" Tuesday to discuss his proposed legislation that would prevent the federal government from sending taxpayer-funded stimulus dollars to states or cities that issue payments to people in the U.S. illegally.

"We shouldn’t be spending hard-earned taxpayer dollars on illegal immigrants at a time when 35 million Americans are out of work," Cotton said. "If we are going to be giving relief checks to those people who are out of work, we need to focus on American citizens, not illegal immigrants."

Under Cotton's No Bailouts for Illegal Aliens Act, states or cities must certify that illegal aliens are not receiving coronavirus stimulus checks or other payments. State and city governments that refuse to comply with the certification requirements will not be eligible for funds from the CARES Act."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tom-cotton-withholding-stimulus-states-illegal-immigrants

5. Morgotha

An important study on mask wearing - do it!

"
    Researchers have found that wearing surgical masks can significantly reduce the rate of airborne COVID-19 transmission, according to a study released on Sunday.

The study, conducted by a team of scientists in Hong Kong, found the rate of non-contact transmission through respiratory droplets or airborne particles dropped by as much as 75 percent when masks were used.

“The findings implied to the world and the public is that the effectiveness of mask-wearing against the coronavirus pandemic is huge,” said Dr. Yuen Kwok-yung, a leading microbiologist from Hong Kong University who helped discover the SARS virus back in 2003."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/wear...ronavirus-transmission-75-percent-study-shows

• Like Like x 1
  6. Morgotha

Here's something "funny". The Rich have voted with their feet and fled New York, according the NYT. I guess that's one way of registering your disapproval of NY's handling of the Wuhan virus.

"
    3. Affluent New Yorkers have fled
    The coronavirus has led to a mass exodus of affluent New Yorkers, according to an analysis of smartphone location data. In some of New York’s wealthiest neighborhoods, more than 35 percent of the residents fled the city in March and April. The citywide average, by contrast, was 5 percent.

[​IMG]
    The New York Times
    "

7. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

It's amazing what dogs are capable of doing with their sniffers. And not only that, but they think that a dog's "smell memory" is on par with the regular memory of an elephant. Meaning that once they are able to identify a certain smell, they'll never forget it. I think the only other animal that I'm aware of that has a better sense of smell than dogs do, is a Great White Shark. But don't quote me on that.

I basically just wanted to point out that we don't see cats doing cool stuff like this. Dogs are helping us find drugs AND BOMBS. They let us know when some little kid is trapped in a well. They also alert us when someone is breaking into our house (sometimes, lol). Now now they are helping us fight a deadly disease.

What have cats done?!?!? Bitch slap a baby seal!?!?!? Sure, funny, but not helpful.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

9. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

My respect for the CDC is on a rapid decline. And you know what? I don't feel bad for saying that.

Why? Well for starters, did the CDC come through for Rick and the group in TWD? That's a big fat NOPE!

The zombies took over and the CDC lost. That's right. Fictional stories are practically indistinguishable from real life.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. surviving

11. surviving

Politics seem to be driving decisions about virus not science or common sense.

• Like Like x 1
  12. surviving

13. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

What exactly does that have anything to do with them flip-flopping on this issue or the issue with wearing masks?

And don't answer my question with another non sequitur or I will find you and cough on you. ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Morgotha

You know the CDC produced a zombie virus outbreak comic. Seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Been reading a number of the reopening plans that states have and many are questionable at best. It's like a roll of the dice. Then you read something like MLB's proposed return which runs 67 pages and gets down into minutiae like, if a ball is touched by more than one player on a particular play it's taken out of the game. Some of the measures I think go too far, but they're thinking and at least taking into consideration every angle. But it's the opposite with your average reopening. The other thing is so many of these places have been closed for a couple of months. Disinfectants, hand sanitizers, gloves and masks are all hard to get right now. I don't see how most of these places are going to have the necessary safeguards in place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I know. I think they did it last year or the year before, and it was more about general preparedness, but they went with the zombie angle because otherwise no one would have cared. lolololololol

18. Morgotha

I remember thinking it was a neat way to reach an audience they otherwise might not have. On reading it though, what *really* impressed me was the characters finding out the official rescue centers were overwhelmed, and that the government couldn't provide for them - that in this emergency if they wanted to survive they had to *provide for themselves*!

I hope whoever at the CDC came out with that still has their job, but I thought that was the best single piece of advice I've heard from the .gov to date.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I used to work for PHS, so I saw some posters in a similar vein for earlier times.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Morgotha

How many infected elderly people did Cuomo seed NY nursing homes with? At least 4300, according to the AP.

"
    More than 4,300 recovering coronavirus patients were sent to New York’s already vulnerable nursing homes under a controversial state directive that was ultimately scrapped amid criticisms it was accelerating the nation’s deadliest outbreaks, according to a count by The Associated Press.

AP compiled its own tally to find out how many COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals to nursing homes under the March 25 directive after New York’s Health Department declined to release its internal survey conducted two weeks ago. It says it is still verifying data that was incomplete.

Whatever the full number, nursing home administrators, residents’ advocates and relatives say it has added up to a big and indefensible problem for facilities that even Gov. Andrew Cuomo — the main proponent of the policy — called “the optimum feeding ground for this virus.”

“It was the single dumbest decision anyone could make if they wanted to kill people,” Daniel Arbeeny said of the directive, which prompted him to pull his 88-year-old father out of a Brooklyn nursing home where more than 50 people have died. His father later died of COVID-19 at home.

“This isn’t rocket science,” Arbeeny said. “We knew the most vulnerable -- the elderly and compromised -- are in nursing homes and rehab centers.”"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ap-count-over-4300-virus-patients-sent-to-ny-nursing-homes

• Like Like x 1