Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Could Beta be patient zero?

Discussion in 'Episode 1002 - We Are the End of the World' started by DavidDavidaon, Oct 14, 2019.

1. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

I know the comics went a different route
    however the whole "I am the end of the world" and refusal to show his face seems to hint that they may be doing something differently.
    Could Beta possibly be "patient zero" of the infection and somehow immune to being infected.
    It would explain his almost superhuman abilities (such as surviving a fall down an elevator shaft and walking away from it) along with his incredible strength and agility.
    Could he, possibly be the subject of secret military testing to make a better soldier which went wrong and caused the spread of the virus and for beta it may have changed certain aspects of his face that usually remain covered by his mask and the balaclava in the most recent episode.
    It would be much more interesting than the comic book unmasking and make what I consider to be a filler episode a whole lot more interesting.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

No, they won't go an immunity/patient zero route. The creators already hinted that the reason for his mental instability was a 'loss of celebrity', and its seems FTWD has hinted he may have been a country singer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

Well that's a disappointment, why couldn't they have done a reveal in this episode then? I mean "oh he was someone famous in this fantasy world" isn't such a big reveal that they had to keep it hidden in this episode. Unless he is someone that one of the main characters knew and was on screen before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The country singer angle could turn out to be a red herring and he may be famous for a more bizarre reason, which could make it more interesting, but its very unlikely they would relate him to the outbreak. The creators have stated repeatedly that they don't want to explore that, and Kirkman was not happy that Darabont explored it even as much as he did in TS-19. They want the surroundings of the outbreak to remain a blank, which I actually hope they stick to. Revealing details about it would be like showing the contents of the glowing briefcase in Pulp Fiction. People still talk about it, cause it was never revealed. If they had shown was it in it, then it would just be like "oh...it was diamonds...ok..."

Revealing the cause or details of the outbreak would have the same effect on the magic of TWD.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Absolutely. If there was a time to reveal that, it was pretty much in that episode. I thought the few references to singing and to songs he made were pointing that way...

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't know his comic book backstory. For me, that explains why he he was humming a Patsy Cline song. I didn't know he was humming anything in particular, but it came right through when Alpha was humming it.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I like that they did not reveal his face.

I like that, just as the whisperers have not seen his face, nor have I

I like that the only person who knows who he is, what he looks like is Alpha. Its adds another layer to their bond with one another. Beta trusts Alpha with his secrets just as Alpha trusts Beta with hers.

Showing his face would have been the safe easy predictable road to take. Not showing us still keeps the mystery, the unknown in tact. Is it just that she recognized his celebrity or has he become disfigured in some way? I like not knowing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

To answer the initial post in this thread - NO, not a patient zero.
    I don't think there ever would have been a patient zero in the ZA. My thoughts are that the water system was contaminated with something or something in the air that people were breathing in. It was spreading too fast for it to be person to person. IMO

• Agree Agree x 2