Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Could the helicopter group actually be a military instillation?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Chr1s, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

In TFWD it was shown that the military ordered all the troops to leave their current positions as the Operation Cobalt is put in place. Now in that show we saw that specific makeshift base overrun, but it stands to reason that not every base was and it also stands to reason they would have had a location for them to go. In the real world the POTUS would also have been taken to a safe location away from DC before Operation Cobalt began.

At this point we sort of assume Maggie is with Georgie at the commowealth, or a TV version of it. So Rick is somewhere else that wants recently bitten people who are still alive....I assume for experimenting on.

This is also a location where Rick can't leave, unless he dies in his movies, but the show seems to be going in a different direction and keeping him alive, plus we all want some type of reunion. So it makes me wonder if Rick isn't in a military instillation that is completely locked down. I mean It's hard to believe that the military all over this country would be overrun when there are pockets of people who managed to survive and start to rebuild. All without the firepower, training, and secure locations the military has at their disposal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I agree. I’ve always thought thought the government would resurface at some point. If average joes can survive, so should the people that have contingencies in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

As much as we love our survivors, we must allow that a great deal of luck played its part in their survival (it's the only reason Rick's still alive...or was still alive...or will still be alive).

We've seen military units and encampments and bases, all killed (or murdered). If "the government" is still functioning then it must be protected by a military presence - a very lucky military presence, it seems. But it might be out there.

What's it governing? The Governor governed. There's a parliament at Alexandria. All the successful settlements are governed. If they run into a new settlement that claims to be "the government", why should they care? I'd possibly recognise Obama or Trump, even after an apocalypse, but there's a chain of command. Who's 5th in the line of succession now? Some senator or senior military official that you wouldn't recognise now, let alone with a ZA beard (and maybe an eye or a hand missing, or such). If someone shows up claiming to be The Government, how could they possibly enforce it? Baseball bats? I give you President Negan.

Somewhere, I expect, a postal delivery operative or a meter maid is living the high life as the last surviving representative of government, leading a ragtag of group of survivors who are squatting the remains of the White House.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Fifth in line is Secretary of State.

5. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

If you say so. But my point was rather that if she, or he, rocked up at your front door right now, would you recognise them?

6. DeadZedHead

For the purposes of the show they are probably all gone but in reality, the top guys would have teams of trained bodyguards surrounding them. They would be taken to separate bunkers so that one event wouldnt take out everyone. When the supplies ran out in say 10ys, someone recognizable would still be around. Obama wouldnt look like Ezekiel. He would be clean shaven wearing dad pants and a windbreaker

If this guy showed up surrounded by troops, you gonna tell him to take a hike?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

I might even follow this one (even if he has cracked and gone all Negan - excellent photo sourcing :) )

• Like Like x 1
  8. DeadZedHead

9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

What I mean is, a location that was secured by the military, perhaps with some higher government officials, surviving in a similar way to Alexandria. They aren't trying to govern the entire country just control their location. Basically Alexandria, but larger, and built by and containing mostly military and government types.

To me it goes back to my idea of where Rick could be. If you look at Block Island off the coast of R.I., that would be a perfect location for a secure settlement. It's off the coast far enough to not see land, yet close enough to travel back and forth. It's small and wouldn't have a lot of people on it to begin with. Once cleared it would be easy to keep secure. It is a functional city and if the military took it over they could maintain it for years. Essentially forming a functional society.

That's what I am imagining, a secure place built by the military and remnants of the government, basically starting over.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the military and government, if not on an island, would possibly be on a naval flotilla or something similar. If rick were transferred there, it would be near impossible for him to return without assistance

• Like Like x 2
  11. Luxi Turna

Luxi Turna New Member

> If you look at Block Island off the coast of R.I., that would be a perfect location for a secure settlement.

One of Romero's movies was about that. It fell, like sanctuaries in other good ZA stories, not because of zombie overrun, but because of human nature. Day of the Dead was a real good example.

Human military systems CAN survive. But human social systems cannot if cooperation and empathy are lost.