Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Countdown to Veebs Epic Comic-Con Rickgasm 2016

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jeebs, Jul 19, 2015.

1. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Well I've totally slacked on the countdown...but the day is here! See you in a few hours, [MENTION=75261]VickGrimes[/MENTION] and [MENTION=73922]CoyoteTWD[/MENTION]!! <3

2. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

About to board my flight!!

3. steely

steely Well-Known Member

Have fun folks! Post tons of pictures!

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[MENTION=79762]jeebs[/MENTION], [MENTION=73922]CoyoteTWD[/MENTION], [MENTION=75261]VickGrimes[/MENTION], we need some piiiiiiaaaacs!

5. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Having a blast! We got into Hall H and had great seats for TWD and GoT panels. They are so damn adorable <3

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/OoQ43Fv

Here's a pic, I can post more later when I'm on my computer, hard to do from my phone

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if you guys got into the panel! I've been stalking pics online almost all day on twitter. Glad you girls are having fun - thanks for the pic! Can't wait to see more :)

7. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

[MENTION=75261]VickGrimes[/MENTION] and [MENTION=73922]CoyoteTWD[/MENTION], remember when we all went to Atlanta and met the cast and toured the filming locations?

THIS WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!

[​IMG]

8. CoyoteTWD

So - how to describe the feeling of meeting, touching, talking to, and taking a selfie with EVERY SINGLE cast member that was at SDCC outside of their hotel? I have no words.

[​IMG]

9. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Aww Nathan! We saw him too!! What a trip <3

10. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

So SDCC was so much fun! We were mostly waiting for Hall H wristbands on Thursday, met and hung out with some awesome people and the time just flew by. On Friday we went to the panels. The Walking Dead panel was so much fun and watching the S7 trailer with 6500 other fans was amazing! The TWD booth was very cool too.

The highlight of our trip though happened today...I'll post it here in two parts so that I can include pics...

11. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Post those pics!!!!

12. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

PART 1 (@VickGrimes [MENTION=73922]CoyoteTWD[/MENTION] [MENTION=77042]Hedwig[/MENTION] [MENTION=8031]Jen7[/MENTION] [MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION] [MENTION=8882]Laurieellen[/MENTION] [MENTION=107612]DragonRacer[/MENTION] [MENTION=59101]RickyGrimes[/MENTION] I'm not trying to leave anyone out, just thought I'd tag a few Rick fangirls :p)

Okay so I’m at the airport now so I have time to tell the story. So Vick had heard last year that the cast stays at the Hotel Del Coronado every year for SDCC, so we decided to have lunch there today and hopefully spot one of them walking around. There were no sightings during lunch so we decided to walk around afterwards. No luck, but we didn’t even know if they had checked out of the hotel, whether they were at SDCC events, or anything, and social media wasn’t giving us too many clues, so we were getting ready to give up and leave.

But then Nicole spotted Sonequa’s husband (Kenric Green) walking by wearing a bathrobe and slippers. So we discreetly followed him hoping he would lead us to the pack. :) We reached a dead end once we realized he was going into the spa to get a massage, but at that point we were on the other side of the hotel, so we hung around that area for a little while trying to decide what to do.

Then, Vick spotted a black Lincoln Navigator pulling up so we decided to check it out. Then we saw a few security guards and a few more Navigators so we hung around there for a bit and within 10 minutes a Navigator pulls up and two of the cast members from FTWD get out (Chris and Ophelia). We didn’t approach them because who cares about FTWD, but we felt like we had found a good spot. There was hardly anyone around at all.

Ten minutes later, another Navigator pulls up and out comes Josh and Ross! They were amazing! Ross recognized Nicole of course and they were chatting for a long time; I was mostly chatting with Josh. They spent like 10 or 15 minutes talking to us and we took selfies and had some laughs. They were seriously so sweet.

Right after that, another car comes up with five more cast members. Christian bolted out of the car and went directly inside without making any eye contact. But the rest of them were very nice and took pics with us. We met Danai, Lauren, and Cudlitz. Sonequa was there too but she left by the time we had met everyone else. (P.S. I have a huge girl crush on Lauren and lemme tell ya she is freakin gorgeous in person!)

After that, we were waiting for a bit more and then I spot Kenric coming up in his bathrobe again! I not-so-subtly kick Nicole and Vick and then Nicole says “Kenric Green!” like she knew him lol! He was so nice and we told him that we were fans and said he would take a picture with us but wanted to get dressed first so he asked if we would be around. As he was walking away I said “bring your wife!” and he just smiled.

13. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Part 2

So as we’re all laughing hysterically about the whole situation, another car pulls up. I had tears in my eyes and my face hurt from laughing so much so I said “this better not be anyone because I can’t smile right now.” So of course, out comes Norman and JDM! They were so f’ing cool, took pics with us. At one point there was some confusion because Norman thought we were taking a group shot but Vick thought we were taking a selfie and JDM wasn’t sure what was going lol. But they were seriously so nice.

After that, another car pulled up and Frank Dillane from FTWD got out. We were looking at each other like, “Should we bother?” And then I was like “Meh, I guess I’ll get a pic.” He was nice but his usual awkward self so we got an awkward selfie. Then some girls came up to him and asked him if he was from “The Sweet Life of Zak and Cody” and he said no so they walked away lol! And then Nicole felt bad for him after that so then she asked for a pic (which was even more awkward than mine lol) and said she liked his accent and he said he liked hers to.

A little while later Kenric comes downstairs (dressed!) along with Sonequa! She was SO sweet, saying “Oh I’m so glad you girls are still here!” She suggested that we take a group selfie and said her husband could take it because he has really long arms. They could not have been nicer, and they both gave us all hugs and chatted with us for a bit.

After they left, we were looking at our pics and talking about how cool Norman was and then we walked by again! We were laughing and said “We were just talking about you!” and he said “Don’t stop!” as he walked by.

At that point, we had been in the same area for about two hours, of course Vick and I waiting the entire time for Andy. There was some talk about whether we should keep waiting or not, but of course Vick and I weren’t going anywhere before we saw Andy. And we only had to wait about 15 more minutes before another car pulled up. I could see the outline of his hat and his curls through the tinted windows and I knew. Vick and I both knew. First Steven got out of the car and then Andy. I sort of hug-attacked him in the street and he sweetly said “We should probably get out of the road” lol. Then he took selfies with us and gave us hugs. We’re not even sure what was said, we vaguely remember saying that we loved him and think that maybe he said thank you but honestly it’s all kind of a blur. Oh, and then after that we took selfies with Steven who was also very sweet but who even knows because Andy.

So that’s it! As we were walking back to our car we saw Greg Nicotero but didn’t stop him for a pic, we were just still on our Andy high. It was seriously amazing!!

Tl;dr We can die happy now.

14. CoyoteTWD

I'm so glad that [MENTION=79762]jeebs[/MENTION] wrote all that out because I really didn't want to! :zombies_lol:

I don't think you left anything out! What an amazing, amazing day.

15. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

OMG I am so ****ing jealous LOL oh god you lucky girls!!!!!! I wanted to meet Ross at WSC Chicago but he wasnt doing meet n greets by the time I got in line so I was sad. All I wanted was a ****ing hug and to tell him I was in that chat he popped in that one time, to see if he remembered. *sigh* I'm glad you guys got to meet all of them and take pics. That's so awesome <333333 totally happy for you. So tell me what does Andy smell like?

16. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Oh my freaking lord that's amazing! I'm so jealous but I'm so happy you guys hit the jackpot. Great pics!

17. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I am stupefy. I bow once again to the Golden Goddesses.

#1417 westwingnut, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  18. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!! I just yelled the whole time while reading this. Even though you have been giving me the play by play all weekend, (which, my vicarious heart appreciates so much) I still cannot even believe this recap - My husband is even getting all worked up about it- he loves Andy and Norman and all things TWD (but not as much as he loves jeebs, you babe you;) ;) like seriously though, you just causally met ALL THE PLAYERS!!! Yeah, youre all SONIQUA nbd, DANAI nbd LAUREN nbd et etc and then STEVEN ANDY NORMAN JDM ugh I can't even I know I said that if I didn't love you so much I'd hate you... Buuuut I hate you. I'm sorry, it's just too much. What happened to you ladies is once in a life time and will NEVER BE REPEATED. I want to cry. I want to scream. I want to rip out my hair and flail and wail and punch you in the face. But I do still love you and I'm actually cracking myself up writing this. I will leave It at this- fuck you @jeeb and @VickGrimes and @CoyoteTWD . That is all. Fuck you all so very much.

Ps... I love you, sorry for the fbombs

Pps-and where is Chandler?? :0 Are you saying I still have a chance ?? (Ok I know that's maybe wierd because I am 31 but maybe I'll adopt him and he can be my son or something, get your mind out of the gutter guys)

edit- ugh no fbombs allowed on wdf so I'll make it legible

#1418 Hedwig, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Holy f*ck is all i can say right now! What a good choice to have lunch/hang around the hotel. I love that they are all so nice...maybe Christian had to pee lol. I'll give her the benefit of doubt.

20. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

[MENTION=79762]jeebs[/MENTION] [MENTION=75261]VickGrimes[/MENTION] [MENTION=73922]CoyoteTWD[/MENTION] Thanks for the pics and stories, soooo glad you had a good time. Thanks for letting us all live vicariously through you. Thanks for making us all realize how dull and dreary our lives are. At least I have my Jeebs and Vick puppies to make me laugh. Jeebs loves to grab your shorts or shirt and tug really easy on them to get your attention and they both like to get out and run around the yard like they haven't a brain cell between them. Not as good as meeting TWD cast, but you have to take what you can get. :)