Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Counterpart to Morgan - Deanna worst leader.

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Ionut, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Frankly, I don't have anything to say to anyone who doesn't give a shit about the slaughter of a million real-life human beings.

2. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

This discussion is still going on? Damn.

3. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Well golly gee Ms. Peace Corps,,,would you mind greatly if i worry about that in my own time instead of on a thread about a TV Show? And before you go throwing moral stones about what I should or shouldn't care about, maybe consider if the person you are asking have their own causes they want to champion instead of trying to shove yours down their throat...ok?

4. mfinley

mfinley Member

Exactly. See that Alexandrian on the wall right there? Bang! "There goes another one, let's slip back into the woods and disappear, come back in a couple of weeks and peg another one."

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yeah, Rick holds some culpability for the disaster that is his plan.

Carter, who had construction experience, suggested putting up some walls around the quarry to keep the herd contained, but Rick refused it. Instead, Rick had work crews spend days building roadblocks for the upcoming march of the dead. That was time that could've been spent on Carter's plan, which in turn would've bought the Alexandrians time to learn how to defend themselves.

Rick's plan cost lives (including Carter), but the Wolves' attack on Alexandria, and Zen Master Morgan letting the surviving Wolves escape, contributed to that disaster, too.

6. mfinley

mfinley Member

I would have much prefered the first half of the season being a series of wolf attacks on Alexandria and counter strikes by Rick's group, defending Alexandria, taking the fight back to the wolf's den, while waking up the Alexandrian's to the real threats out there. And especially wanted to see the explanation of what is up with the arm and legless torsos???

7. Rex

Rex New Member

I think Deana was a good leader who had a choice and had to prioritize: Spend resources on building up the community (food, walls, power etc.) which would have been popular with the community or become very unpopular by rationing all the food, go on more risky missions with high fatality risk and put inexperienced people on boring guard duty for an unknown threat indefinitely. Her community comprised of middle class americans who wanted to keep the good life and they would definitely have overthrown her if she did something unpopular like Rick or that cop at the hospital.

Since there was no threat in the area and she had to follow the will of the community, she made a call and their community followed it through. That's why Deanna was looking for new recruits like Rick and probably wanted a gradual build up of security while maintaining her leadership. Otherwise the residents would have started asking questions about why they had to suddenly change their lifestyle when there was no immediate threat in front of them.

It's the same scenario like pearl harbour, 9/11 etc. She did it like a real politician and was genuinly shocked when disaster struck at a timing not of her own choice. Deanna is being simply blamed for doing something the community wanted. And keeping the guns locked was a wise choice, otherwise people would be at each others throats.

#307 Rex, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  8. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

^ This is the best defense of Deanna's choices I've read yet. I still am on the side I am on, but good points. I agree that she was subjet to her community and her community is full of some foul and weak people.

She herself is seemingly adapting.

I definitely have retracted that she was the worst ever, but have to maintain that she was not fit for the job and made critical errors - her or Reg. Errors that are just insane for the Zombie Apocalypse and yes, much of it is on her people who even now still are heads in the sand.

A really strong and tactful leader could have manipulated many of them into shape though in the years they existed there, without being overthrown. You gradually implement reality and certainly have your security measures sorted.

9. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Also, being that she was congresswoman and being a politician in a lesser leadership role will suit her well. Deanna would do well as a community voice, planner - side authority role rather than outright Queen.

I think that Maggie will evolve to a direct leader role. In the time being now Rick's got to be King and Carol has to be the ruthless voice of reason.