Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Couple of random thoughts...

Discussion in 'Episode 801 - Mercy' started by Miamicuse, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Not sure how the several old man Rick scenes tie in with the rest of the episode. Since in one scene we saw Judith as a 10-12 year old so this is may be like 10 years forward? What's with the flowers, was Rick not "looking at the flowers"? I don't quite connect with the purpose.

The rallying speeches sounded hollow and pretentious. I thought they could have done better. Rick's was best, the other two...quite lame.

Is Dwight such a good shot with the cross bow? Daryl was standing right there, he could have put an arrow through Daryl's chest or eye.

What transformed Morgan? He has always been reluctant to use violence since he learned from Eastman. I know he killed Richard but that was still a leap from a justified killing (to keep the peace between the Saviors and Kingdom and for Benjamin) to him sneaking up behind someone and do the cold blooded killing. That was more a Carol thing.

Finally the Gregory Gabriel scene. All the armored vehicles have the armor attached to the right side of the drivers, as shields. So when they leave they continued on that road to exit. They didn't back up or U-turn. So how can Gabriel see Gregory down on the ground? FB seems to be looking to his left or straight ahead and saw Gregory. Yet Gregory should have been to his right as he got into his car...unless he was pushed down the stairs and he rolled and rolled and rolled a bit of distance. But he was still under the concrete structure as that's where their backs were against right? When Gregory took off it was as if he was running into the driver side of the vehicle and not the armored side.

Where are the GPKs? Is this why Negan is so confident? Does he also have an army out at the same time taking out folks in Alexandria, Hilltop and Kingdom?

If they have Dwight on the inside, and perhaps Eugene (I think he is going to be real interesting), then they can do a lot better in plotting something to take out the compound. Such as poisoning the water source or food source. If they are sending in the zombie herds they have already decided that those innocent unwilling participants in the Sanctuary are collateral damages anyways.

2. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

As a father of a 10 year old and an 8 year old, I don't believe that child in the scene to be any older than 6.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Judith didn't look 10-12 years old. 6 or 7 at most, so the scenes are only about 3-4 years into the future. For some reason Rick looks to have aged much more than Michonne, which was joked about on TTD.
    Not sure what you mean about the armor on the driver's right. It was mostly on the left side of the vehicles (driver's side).
    Morgan was transformed last season. He was using a gun and killing Negan's people in the S7 finale.
    You're being way too finicky for a tv show.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

If you are standing where Negan was standing looking out to the road, the armored vehicles came from the left. The shields were mounted on each vehicle's left side (passenger side). If they were mounted on the drivers's side, the drivers wouldn't have been able to even open their doors. The drivers got out of their side, and hid behind the shields. If FB were inside his car, he wouldn't be able to see Gregory who's to his right as he got ready to drive off.

5. Ricktatorship80

Some vehicles had shields on the driver's side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Sorry but that whole thing with the half-ass shielded vehicles was the worst part for me, I liked everything else about the show except that... Why wouldn't you completely shield a vehicle so you can come in Isis style?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

but why they had to put up all the armor at all?

They had Kingdom. Couldn't those Kingdom men put up a wall of in-penetratable shields?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Thank you - everywhere I see/hear people claiming she was 9/10. My partner and I have several kids between us and we agree: 6, at most. (My partner also wants to know where Maggie's kid was during that flash forward...is it ominous that we didn't see another child?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

When Maggie got in the car to blow the horn she got in from the passenger side because of armor on the driver's side.
    I didn't think it was weird they didn't show Maggie's kid in the future scene. Just not a part of that sequence. I have no idea if she has the baby in the comic books or not as I don't read them. Lastly, I think armor was only on 1 side because of metal availability.

10. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

They wouldn't know ISIS as ISIS hadn't even started in 2010 (when according to research based on Fear, is when the Wildfire broke out.)

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Jesus...do this mean ISIS could very much be a group in the middle east who speak of the end and "Protect" people? Like a very very very nasty Negan in Al Bhagdady if we ever see a Walking Dead The Middle East! Huh...

Whats a GPK?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

With Morgan, you answered your own question. The situation with Richard changed him back into the man who has to fight and kill to protect those he loves. The moment Richard said that because they don't do anything, people get killed, Morgan was brought back to that time where he didn't kill Jenny which resulted in Duane's death. And as @Terminator pointed out, Morgan's transformation happened last season, he was killing Saviors in the season finale.

13. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Probably, because they hadn't the time and resources? They didn't have a lot of time, fearing, that the saviors will strike bac ksoon. Plus that horde wouldn't probably stay patiently there and waiting for it's turn.

About the original questions: Rick isn't that old, the beard makes him look older. If he shaved it, he would probably look much the same than now. And I agree, Judith is no more than 6 at most, so that scene isn't some far future.

I think, the armor is cleared up by now - the vehicles had armor on both sides, some right, some left.
    Morgan had already lost himself once, that's why he stayed away from any form of violence, because he was afraid, he would loose himself again. Killing RIchard brought him close to that again, one can only hope, that he will keep his sanity this time.