Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Cover that spoils the most

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by Tony Davis, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Looking back at some of the covers, 46 might be the one that spoils the story the most. It has Tyreese on the cover with the Katana at his neck. 47 also has a gun pointed at Lori and Judith, and she's shot in the next issue.

It seems they stopped doing this lately

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

48 had the exact number of graves of Rick's group that died in the issue.
    All of Made to Suffer's covers were actual events or accurate. Ironic since it was the most important volume lol.

3. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

I say 46 too. I've had a bad feeling about that and I was right.

4. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

There have been a good amount, but it seems to have stopped recently. The cover for issue 46 was a big one, basically flat out showed the big death.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

In hindsight, we see these things as spoilers, but the Katana at Tyreese's neck could have meant a lot of things, and I don't think we saw that first and said 'oh, Tyreese is definitely going to die'. We see a lot of covers with guns pointed at people, and swords pointed at people, etc. and only when those people actually die do we go back and say 'oh, that spoiled it'. We really had no idea.

6. Justin41698

Justin41698 New Member

I agree, but it would still make me nervous to see my favorite character with a gun pointed at his head, or a katana on his neck... Then the death wouldn't be as much of a surprise....

7. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

What about #65 and even more recetly #123.

#65 shows Dale through the sights of a rifle scope; grasping his bloodied right shoulder. Although he was never shot, he's holding the shoulder on which he was bitten; and in this issue his death is imminent, having already been bitten and lost both legs. Technically; Dale doesn't succumb to his wounds until #66, but I think it's a bit of a spoiler nonetheless--Kirkman even remarks, regarding the cover of #65, in the "Sketchbook" section of the Hardcover Book Six; "Dale in the sights of a gun. I didn't know how this would work and again, Charlie really pulled it off. Considering Dale did die in this arc...this cover, for my tastes, is a little too literal and spoiler-y but damn, it sure is a cool image.".

More recently, #123 shows Dwight sighting-in Rick for a shot with his crossbow; from both the front and behind angles. While this cover doesn't spoil a death; it certainly spoils, what I think most would agree is a rather shock and unexpected event that left Rick(and the readers) in a very precarious position. His fate, and more literally his life hanging in the balance. Because at the end of the issue we don't know whether or not the bolt was tainted(and technically still don't), how serious the wound itself was, and if Rick even made off of the battle field and into relative safety. After all, Negan and Dwight were right on his heels.

[MENTION=4329]legendx66[/MENTION] [MENTION=9004]Alec96[/MENTION]

• Like Like x 1