Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Crighton Dallas Wilton

Discussion in 'Episode 604 - Here's Not Here' started by Slash_lady, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Slash_lady

Slash_lady Member

Something just crossed my mind... Easton said, that he´d let Crighton starve to death and then he went to Atlanta to turn himself in. That was how he found out, that about ZA. But how come Crighton didn´t turn? Or did he???

2. Berry

Berry Member

We talked about that in my house too. We decided Eastman didn't go immediately to Atlanta, it took a few weeks (give or take) to decide to go.

3. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

He could have buried him in the time between dying and reanimation... Since the time is different for each person, it is possible Wilton was one of the ones that did not reanimate quickly. Just one of those things that were not expanded upon enough to give an accurate estimate, Heck! he could have had the hole dug already before death and just drug his body out and buried it within minutes for all I know.

4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Eastman faced this Crighton guy. Will Morgan, as a student of Eastman, face Negan. Could Crighton be a foreshadow of the ultimate evil person Negan?
    Will Morgan lock Negan in a cell and try to break Negan?

5. drifter77

drifter77 Member

You also have to wonder how Eastman even learned all the ins-and-outs of what was going on, since he was secluded and cut-off while everything was happening. How does he know a walker bite leads to a fast and fatal infection? How does he know everyone turns?

Sounds like by the time he got back to civilization, the ZA was in full swing. He would have been much like Rick when he woke up. Totally clueless. Did Eastman have a "Morgan"-figure explain everything to him?

6. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

maybe he watched Wilton die and turn into a walker, then he put him down. this could have given him some insight as to what was going on in the world.

7. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

My assumption is that Eastman had the hole dug in advance, and buried him immediately after he died. Alternatively, he could have left to turn himself in immediately after Wilton died. He may have been planning to tell them that the body was out at the cabin and they could get it there. Upon finding out about the ZA, he returns to the cabin, finding Wilton reanimated in the cell.

8. plotholes

plotholes Member

Even after watching Fear the Walking Dead, I still do not have a conclusive idea on how the virus came about.

Does it have a source and passed from human to human through close proximity; or is it triggered inherently? If its the latter, perhaps people kept in insolation might not turn after dying.

Or maybe starvation causes the body to undergo biological changes that prevented them from turning.

My guess is we could be trying to justify what could just be a plothole.

#8 plotholes, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  9. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

We'll never find out exactly what caused it or how it came about. The creators have made comments that basically state this explicitly. The story that they're writing isn't supposed to necessarily be about how it started, but rather how the people responded after it all fell apart.

We find out from Jenner at the CDC that all people are infected, and that all people are going to turn. The bites aren't what makes you turn. Dying is what makes you turn. The bites are fatal, most likely because it contains a concentrated form of the virus, or it somehow triggers the virus and causes it to go from being dormant to active. Jenner also states that they don't know if it was bacterial, viral, or really much of anything about it.

My best guess is that it's somehow airborne, but airborne over long distances versus something like a common cold being airborne but only over very short distances. This is really just a random guess though. It could be carried by animals too. Being carried by birds alongside being airborne seems most plausible to me. Birds travel long distances which would make it go global much more quickly.

I think we can probably rule out the idea of it being a manmade condition. Jenner makes a point of telling everyone that they really don't know much about it. Granted he likely wouldn't have wanted to admit that it was a manmade virus that got loose, but if it had been I think it's safe to say that they'd at least know a little more about the specific nature of it.

Really though, these are questions that are almost certainly never going to get answered within the official canon.

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

You guys have me wondering.... If Wilton had been buried alive, would he stay alive down there until he decomposed? Did any of them who were buried alive at the beginning of the apocalypse ever make their way back out from shallow graves? Do they decompose quicker under the earth than above, thanks to organisms in the soil? So many questions the CDC can no longer investigate.

I think Eastman would have killed Wilton, but it's an intriguing general question.

11. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

If he starved him to death you'd imagine Wilton would be really weak, with a lot of muscle wastage. Remember the scene where the governor was attacking the prison and he left the little girl, Tara's sister? by the river side, she was bitten by a buried walker, who for whatever reason hadn't resurfaced until then. I imagine an emaciated walker would have trouble digging themselves out of a grave.

Although assuming that Crichton travelled back to give himself in, after after Wiltons death, he realised what was going on, so that by the time he got back to his log cabin, he must have been curious to see if Wilton was still, not dead? Maybe dug him up and killed him again? Although you would have thought that he might have mentioned that?

I did wonder about their remoteness for 53 days, if it was some form of airborne virus it would have had to reach them in the middle of nowhere. Unless everyone caught it and carried it for a while before it activated and the dead started coming back? But presumably if they caught it there, in the outback then even remote tribes in the amazonian forest have it too. Including the international space station?

12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

OOOH! The space station! That is such a great question!