Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticism for "Dead Weight"

Discussion in 'Episode 407 - Dead Weight' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 20, 2013.

1. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Sure. You don't need a detailed explanation. You can put together the dots. A few throwaway lines by the good governor would've been sufficient to have an idea of what happened.

2. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

I can't tell if your serious or just "trolling"?

What purpose did it serve to "set-up"? I'm not sure if you saw the mid-season finale preview... but it shows him at the gate of the prison with a brand new army and a freaking tank...

You'd want him to show up at the prison, tank in hand, with a brand new army without ever wanting to know what happened to him after he killed his entire town? How did he get this new group and a driveable tank?

These past 2 episodes set-up the biggest scene season in 4... and if you were being serious about it setting up nothing... then there is nothing I can say to you except GL trying to watch the rest of the series.....

3. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

You're wrong, these 2 episodes were needed. Just because you didn't get to see Rick & Co doesn't mean it was a bad episode, we needed to know where the Gov was during the time we got back to the prison.

4. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

S3 shoulda been condensed to 8 episodes, then tack on S4 1st 8 and S3 woulda been done properly. Then we'd be breaking new ground now!

I actually liked these episodes but was exhausted with the Gov in S3.

5. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Im mixed on that.. Hated live bait, Loved dead weight... One epi would have obviously been fine for me..

6. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

I agree, while they werent my favorite episodes I welcome fleshing out any character. The gov shouldnt be a cookie cutter bad guy who stands around twisting his mustache bwhhahaing the whole time. By the end of the last episode I almost felt like I understood the a little more. Up until now I couldnt say that.

7. UndeadMauldo

UndeadMauldo Member

I enjoyed this episode, seeing the governor revert back to his old self. Lesson 1, don't get all high and mighty with the gov. Lesson 2, don't turn your back on him. I have missed the prison group though. I couldn't care less about Carol, I haven't missed her tortured face at all.

8. youroldpalmerle

I guess some people have no interest in the show besides watching Norman Reedus on screen. Those people should be fed to the walkers.

I agree with everything you said. It would have been silly for the governor to just show up at the prison with an army of people under his command and a tank with no explanation as to how he got all of those people to follow him into war. Although it would have been nice to see a small part of what was going on at the prison, being pressed for time I understand how there was no way that could have happened during the last 2 episodes.

9. UndeadMauldo

UndeadMauldo Member

Exactly, you don't wrap that up with a few lines of dialog.

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha !!!!

11. JFAN

JFAN Member

I am kind of tired of TG too. Last week when I thought there may be some good in him I thought it might be interesting to see how would interact with the prison group. But last night after seeing him go back to his same old evil, creepy self I am over having any interest in him. Let's move on!!

12. RonRevogeht

RonRevogeht Member

I hope The Governor wins this game of chess and Steven Spielberg makes a movie about His legendary exploits.

[​IMG]

13. Chris Redfield

Chris Redfield New Member

I have been enjoying the Governor episodes. I actually got tired of seeing the group at the prison. I keep waiting for something catastrophic to happen that makes the group leave and get back on the road; I thought the flu outbreak was just such an event.

These last two episodes have been very deliberate, and I think they was setting us up for the Governor's death, so you all who hates the Gov will probably get your wish Sunday night. Is the Gov going to die? I think so; the question is who is going to kill him? I'm so excited I wish I could fast forward through the week. We got the Iron Bowl on Satty and TWD on Sunday (awesome week).

14. Monty70

Monty70 Member

Not true. The Governor was shown during these two episodes as someone who does "feel the weight of his actions" to quote Michonne. That alone makes all the difference in the world from we knew about last years character.

The Governor did not want to lead this group, that is why he screams "I don't want it" repeatedly as he drags
    to his death. He even attempted to flee the camp to live elsewhere and was cut off by the washed out road and biters. His hand has been forced, and he will do whatever is necessary ("the only thing") to keep his family safe.

Great two episodes with the Governor. The stage is now set.

15. tallahasseehero

Yeah, Im surprised we haven't talked more about this. The Governor almost never would have been a problem to the prison group again. He wanted to just take his people and leave. But now he feels boxed in. So he kills the one brother and takes over. He still views the prison group as a threat as well. He thinks Michonne killed his daughter and Rick destroyed his home. Not to mention the prion is a pretty secure place, or at least it may seem that way from the outside.

Basically the Governor's unstable mind and the circumstances has lead to this. Unfortunately for him he messing with the group. Either Rick is going to put a bullet in his head or Michonne is taking his other eye

16. Monty70

Monty70 Member

I have a strong suspicion that the prison battle is not going to go down as everyone expects. Of course this could just be wishful thinking, but after viewing "Dead Weight" again I noticed that Mitch tells the Governor that the number of biters that have been falling into the pits has been much more than usual. The mega-herd may be closing.

OK, I'll say it. My hope is to see the two groups forced to fight off the herd in a life or death fight against 6,000 walkers.

17. tallahasseehero

That would honestly be awesome. It would be cool if the Governor then was about to make his next move and somebody from the group who has been cutting the heads off of people, kills him. This would really do a really good job to emphasize just how dangerous they are.

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I recommend reading the comic.

Next week's episode is going to show one of the most iconic scenes in the comic !

Next week is going to be intense..

19. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

20. ingénue belle

ingénue belle Well-Known Member

I don't think the two episodes on the Gov. were pointless like some do...they were, at times, very good. I'm interested in Lily, Tara & Meghan and to find out who this killer is putting signs on people.
    But, I'm not sure we needed to use two entire episodes to catch up with the Gov. either. I didn't think for a second that the Gov. was gonna change his ways....because they showed him at the prison before the two episodes (on 405, I think) so you know he's up to no good! Maybe coulda been done with one whole episodes and part of another.....

Either way...I'm glad we'll be back at the prison next week =)