Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticism for "Dead Weight"

Discussion in 'Episode 407 - Dead Weight' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 20, 2013.

1. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

2. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Just another reason I SO wish it had been her, & not Martinez fed to the Pit Walkers!! That, and her never ending parade of lumber jack shirts we'll be subject to...

BTW: Your Gov Gif is AWESOME!! He truly is the Michael Jordan of tWD!!

3. sam12six

sam12six Member

I've got you beat!

The preview for this episode was so boring that I didn't bother watching. I'll just hang on the forum until someone says the Guvna show's been canceled and TWD is back on the air...

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Or if I was the governor, i'd say "Kill them all!!! Well, ok, that seems a little permanent. Hurt them really badly!!! I mean not something that's going to leave a really ugly scar on their face or make them have problems holding in their urine for the rest of their life. Just like slap them with a glove or something. But not the little ones. For the kids, just swing your hand near their face and then make a 'smack' sound with your mouth, so it looks like you'll beating them. Actually just sit everyone down and tell them you're not exactly mad, but more just disappointed. Words like that can sting a lot more than any physical violence!!"

• Like Like x 1
  5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

They need to sit down with Stuart Smalley & some pound cake..

[video=youtube_share;RvgMIerTXl4]http://youtu.be/RvgMIerTXl4[/video]

• Like Like x 1
  6. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Yes, it could have been condensed into a few minutes. Why wasn't it? Because the writers were exploring depth of character, backdrop scenes to explain why The Governor is the man that he's become, how he manipulates and twists situations in order to get people to blindly follow him, and they were setting the stage for what is coming...a build-up to the mid-season finale, which is hinted to be an epic episode. Yes, the writers could have skipped all of this and simply shown The Governor stumbling across a camp, quickly taking over, and then leading all of the people back to the prison, all within 20-30 minutes of screen time...if they'd wanted to make The Walking Dead a cut and dried, let's-just-film-for-the-sake-of-action-scenes-and-screw-everything-else kind of show.

I'm so glad they didn't go that route.

7. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Huffing glue-- LOL. But he wasn't conflicted tormented by anything other than he had lost everything, not by the fact he had caused the loss. He just blamed it on everyone else. He killed Martinez solely to make sure there were no witnesses now that he was in a position to be head honcho again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Yeah. By your logic, Season 3 should've spent the entire first half with how The Governor got to become the leader of Woodbury. Similarly, we didn't need and didn't get an entire episode or two explaining what went down before with Tyrese's group or entire episodes with Dr. Bob continuing to be the sole survivor of groups he's been with.

I still don't believe anything substantial or fascinating enough with the Gov to warrant even one and definitely not two episodes. So what if he murdered and schemed his way to the top of the new group just because he thought it was too weak to survive? The same conclusion applies that was formed at the conclusion of season 3, he's a murderous scumbag not worthy of any sympathy.

9. slyd00d

slyd00d Active Member

I found it really cute, just like her lol. Although I can see how others might find it annoying. It's like a different version of the hand-slap (sometimes they go together), but yeah some young mostly guys do it.

LOLOLOL that's awesome, is there a video of that?

10. RonRevogeht

RonRevogeht Member

This is an imaginary post-apocalyptic fiction world so I find The Governor's actions completely acceptable even necessary to maintain the safety of those around Him. It's all about survival. Look at Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, etc...

11. emperorzorn

emperorzorn New Member

What do you mean, "the group who has been cutting the heads off of people" ?

I thought the guy with the "murderer" sign did it. He killed the "rapist", the "liar" and then he put the murderer sign around his neck and shot himself because he was a just person who couldn't live with what he had done.

In my opinion that was just a story device to show that while the governor has commited all these sins in his past,
    he still lives unlike those people BECAUSE he was ruthless and felt no regret. It also shows how inhuman he had become.
    And that those who believe in justice bite the dust usually.

*ahem*

Well, but yeah. There definately is another group, the one that wiped off that camp.
    And they must be armed and quite a few.

12. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

Based on what he said, it was more like he was trying to kill his past (& Ramirez was a piece of it); to not become what he'd been ( he failed that one spectacularly ). That was why he tried to run, only to be blocked by bogged down Walkers. Your right, he does blame everyone else & it looks like he's found a new fish tank for his trophies too. I guess he figured if he couldn't get out, he'd take over - again. I wish the writers had given him more dimensions, instead of only giving us a taste of his regrets (& when the women find out, I hope we get an even bigger taste of it). he needs more conflict, not more megalomania-cal bouts of oral flatulence & self absorption.
    He could have been epic, instead he's still an ass-hat.......And a ****tard. I'll celebrate when Michonne shows him his own intestines.

#132 raven n, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

For everyone saying we could have condensed these two episodes into a few minutes: of course they could have. They could have condensed ANY episode into a few minutes. Days Gone Bye, from the moment Rick woke up to the moment Glenn contacted him in the tank, could have been condensed into a few minutes. And an inferior show would have done just that. One reason TWD is so good is that it takes its time. It doesn't rush the plot, and is more character driven. That's why we feel attached to certain characters, and that's why we care. Someone who doesn't like the Governor will complain that this could have been condensed. Someone who doesn't like Rick would complain that Days Gone Bye should have been condensed. Someone who hates Hershel will complain about Internment, and if you hate Carol's plot line, then it will be Indifference that could have been shortened. The point is, we all have characters we like and dislike, but what makes the show so good overall is that it takes its time with all of them.

14. tallahasseehero

I think you are right. I though maybe the camp raiders were the people cutting heads off.

15. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I'll like this post because I think the forum ate mine, and my post had said the same thing. (Just different words...if it'd said exactly the same thing, that would've been freaky.)

***EDIT: Oh, my post came back! And it's even doubled! lol Ignore what I just said.

16. Retard_O_Doom98

This would make my day.

army outside, Rick activates the prison alarm, army forced to fight walkers, Ricks group forced to fight walkers. It would make for a much more interesting dynamic than "we fight now, me angry". Also it could end with the groups being forced to flee anyway (no more prison yay!) and possibly give us a chance to see the governor in the new light we should have seen these past few episodes or just straight up executed medieval style by Michonnes horse.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Nice, but difficult. Since the Guv's storyline is taking place either prior to or concurrent with the flu outbreak at the prison, cutting to the prison would be going back in time from the last time we saw the prison folks. I think this would have been really confusing and wouldn't have served any purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  18. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

I'm glad they showed what happened while Rick's group had their own crap to deal with & now, just after they give everyone the meds & save them: BANG! The Gov's back like an outbreak of herpes; ready to cause pain & misery. it has a really messed up symmetry (too bad the Gov's still a Tool).

19. Lxwad

Lxwad Member

The Governor is one of my favorites too. Probably one of my favorite villains ever! I have mixed feeling about killing him off, I think it needs to happen. But I'll miss him so much!

20. LaMuse

LaMuse Member

Good now you have been redeemed