Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticism for "Too Far Gone"

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - Too Far Gone' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Roberto Ani

Roberto Ani New Member

I must be a sadist

I sooo wanted Lily to shoot TG in the balls!!!

2. CriticismOnly

CriticismOnly New Member

Complaints!

Ok first of all i am a big fan of the show. I've watched since the first episode of the first season and enjoyed it ever since. It's just there are a few things that could be easily fixed to make more sense. Number one, how does a TANK sneak up on you? If there are no cars then a caravan of vehicles including a tank would make a hugeeeee amount of noise! Also the walkers would hear the tank and follow it yet there were barely any walkers at the time of the attack. Another thing is that a guard should be in the tower at all times. Also if the walkers are attracted to things moving why are there no things like curtains covering the SEE THROUGH fences? And you would think that you would reinforce the fences knowing what happened at the farm with the herd and the MEGA HERD out there. Also the bus and other cars should be packed up at all times in case of emergencies like this. These are just things that popped in to my mind while watching the show and thinking about it the day after. Please let me know what you think. This is my first choice. If I'm wrong about something let me know but please don't just say I'm an ass or something. The walking dead is based in a universe where sound exists if I'm not mistaken and they should therefore be able to hear a TANK approaching.

3. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I agree with this post mostly. If Rick had been talking to rational people there wouldn't have been any violence. I believe his speech would've swayed all but two of the people there. But with men like the Gov. and Mitch words are pointless. That situation was going to end the way it did no matter what Rick said or did.

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

To address the bus, it was packed up ahead of time in line with their escape plan. There was no one outside to hear the tank. You wouldn't hear it drive up 500 feet from the prison while you were deep inside it. Walkers were obviously attracted to the prison most of the time. They had time to sit before firing at the start. They could have cleared what followed them before they set off the attack.

I don't think they had anything to reinforce the prison. other than the cars they have to sue or the beams (not super effective but they don't hurt) what do they have? They don't have the resources or ability to build some large metal or wood cover over the whole line. They could use covers but how effective would that be?

#144 legendx66, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I know i'm late but it's blatantly clear Lilly drove there.

Megan dug out a lot of the mud covering it and attracted it. seems like stimulation enough for it to get out. Some walkers don't even try to get up until they are attracted like that.

6. CriticismOnly

CriticismOnly New Member

A tank shakes a whole city block when driving by. Even if they were inside they would be able to hear something because there is no other sound but animals. If you hear gunshots you will know there are people, same as a car. But say they couldn't hear it then there still should have been someone in the guard tower to alert the rest of them if something happens. The bus was said to be packed up from the last run. what i got from that was there were not full suplies since they used some on the last run. And clearjng what follows them seems unlikely because of the time it would take, the danger of being killed and more would just come to the sound of the motors running. And what you said about the fences honestly does not make sense to me no offense. There are houses all over, you're saying they cant take apart stuff from a house to help? And covers would work great! If a walker does not try to walk through a wall why would they walk through a fence that looks like a wall and is not see through? The walkers wouldn't be able to see the prison people and therefore would not be interested. It has been months since the first governor encounter. They prison group had lots of time to prep for any type of situation and become stronger and more organized. These are just things that dont make sense to me and could easily be fixed.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Several hundred feet into a concrete prison you won't hear much. Even a tank's noise. It's not going to shake the prison. It was even much higher up on an incline. No one needs ot shoot to clear walkers. They have 20 people and you are telling me someone couldn't kill a few as they see them or before they attack? What idiot would do a hostage situation before they did?

The prison group had time to fix it up and they did but they are not self sufficient yet. They rely on constant runs. Massive undertakings wouldn't be feasible before they handled that. They still made amazing progress. They have no welding equipment that we've seen and everyone ignores how huge the fence line is. With walkers all over it is would be very difficult to secure. Wood would be almost pointless as walkers could still take it and metal is not feasible at the time. They had a successful system of clearing them daily. That is what they could do and what they needed. It never failed outside of the outbreak situation. Which can't be planned.

The bus was less stocked because of the outbreak. Daryl said it would normally be stocked for emergencies.

I just noticed your name so this is probably a waste of time anyway.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think what you are saying about the fences is what makes no sense. Walkers are attracted by noise and smell, as well as sight. The painstaking job of 'boarding up' every foot of fence would only limit the walker's sight of the prison yard. Walkers would still wonder around due to the sounds of people living [farming, driving, etc] and the smell of humans/pigs, etc. And it would also be self defeating because then everytime a group of walkers built up on the outside of the fence, they wouldn't be able to dispatch them as easily. And they'd then be living in a walled-in box, which would definitely not be doing wonders for morale. A much more practical idea would be to recruit more people to the fence-killing job.

9. CriticismOnly

CriticismOnly New Member

Ok so how about the walkers that were in hershel's barn? The only time they went crazy trying to get out was when someone would come in the barn or come close to it. Ricks whole group had no idea they were in there because they were so dosile. Yet the walkers still can hear and smell the people. That goes to show that taking away the walkers vision does work. Reinforcing the fences would be a much better thing to do than have to keep clearing out the walkers from the outside of the fences. And about the morale, im pretty sure seeing the walkers would just remind me of death at my doorstep so i'd much rather have them out of sight, especially for the childrens sake. Living in a "box" as you say is the same as living inside of the prison. Also, woodburry was having gladiator fights and bbq's, that didnt seem to attract walkers as much as when walkers SEE a person.

10. Neuropyramidal

lol, you're picking apart the logic of a TV show, yet you're using the logic seen in different episodes of the SAME Tv show to try to back your case. If we all used your logic, we'd be saying that walkers should be picking up stuffed animals and turning doorknobs because that's what we saw them do in season one. Different showrunner. What we unfortunately must accept is that the writers sometimes make the walkers act differently depending on the goal. If they need the walker to re-animate within seconds after dying, like in the prison during the illness, then the walker's do that. If they need to have them wait minutes to an hour, like Meghan or Pete, then that's what they do. If they need them to wait several hours to reanimate so they can have a heartfelt scene the next morning [like Amy], then that's what Amy does. So your cherry-picked comparison to some walkers from season two is invalid. And of course we've seen several other instances where the walker WERE attracted to noise: the farm horde/gunshot is perhaps the most striking. Your idea of making the fences opaque would serve mostly just to make it much harder to clear the walkers once they piled op on the fence.

11. CriticismOnly

CriticismOnly New Member

Well what logic would you say i should use? The only logic i can use is from the same show, otherwise i can use logic from superman and rick can develop super strength and heat vision to get rid of all the walkers. About the turning doorknobs and stuffed animals, if it was in the show then it is possible to happen in the show. I dont know what else to say to that. And the CDC guy said that some people transform at different rates so i have no problem with that. And i dont know how you're saying my comparisson to seasons is invalid. The only thing we can go by is what the show shows us. If the show contradicts itself then there is a problem. I'm not saying that the walkers are ONLY agitated by sound, i'm saying that by sight being eliminated then they wouldn't be AS agitated. You can put up a curtain, like i said in my first post, that both eliminates sight and is easy to take down to clear the walkers. For sound i guess just try to be as quiet as possible and for smell, which isn't used too often in the show, just put the walker blood on the camp or on yourselves as they did in the first season to rescue myrle.

12. Neuropyramidal

I can tell you are married to your 'curtain' idea. All its going to do is make it so that the people in the prison don't see threats coming until those threats are right on top of them. The council officially rejects the curtain. ;)

13. CriticismOnly

CriticismOnly New Member

I am 'married' to this idea because it would work. Your idea of not being able to see threats is not true. Number one the prison has the high ground. They'd be able to see threats coming from far away more than when they are right on top of them. Second, there are GUARD TOWERS that are barely ever used. They can be used to see threats from farrrrr away. The council needs to look at this case again. ;)

14. Neuropyramidal

No, there's not enough people to be posted in 2 or 3 of the guard towers from morning till night [which would be needed to see over all your curtains. And even in that case, with a 'curtain' on the fences, groups of people could easily sneak out of a wooded area that was near a portion of the fence, and not be seen. Although when you put 'guard towers' in all capital letters, it almost convinced me. But not quite. And your 'high ground' idea doesn't compute either because with the fences which are 12+ feet high] screened off you would not be able to see all the lower ground if you're standing inside near the prison. Its not that much higher than the outside ground. Just a gentle slope. So, again, the council has ruled your idea absurd. ;) I realize you are married to it, and I promise that my wedding gift is in the mail, and I'm sure you have chosen a great spot for your honeymoon [just whatever you do, please avoid the Mariana Islands in winter time. The pickpockets and nettle bees are horrid this time of year], but still, your marriage doesn't make it sensible. ;)

#154 Neuropyramidal, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  15. CriticismOnly

CriticismOnly New Member

I really dont understand how you don't understand my points. Number one i didn't say they needed to be in 2-3 towers. 1 tower being used is better than none being used. Second, if im not mistake the prison group had close to 60 people after woodburry. You're saying they dont have enough to be stationed in the towers? Third, the curtains would make other groups aprehensive of coming in past the curtains because they wouldn't fully know whats on the other side. Also the towers would help to see other groups outside of the fences for a change. Maybe if there was someone in the tower a tank wouldn't be able to sneak up on them. I grant that the prison group was weak from the sickness but i would think 1 person would be able to keep watch. Fourth, when the camera is filming the front gate of the fences and is near the prison you can clearly see far away past the fences. (I know that sentecne wasn't worded too well.)That shows that the prison does have some advantage to having the high ground and again, some is better than none. How does any of this not make sense as to why having curtains and someone in a tower is a good idea?

16. Neuropyramidal

Actually I understand your points quite well. That's why I disagree with them. But again, its bad luck to see the bride so soon before the wedding. And she's full of energy, that one. So you should try to get some sleep tonite. ;)

17. CriticismOnly

CriticismOnly New Member

Yes and im sureeee you have good reason to disagree. Im guessing those reasons are based off of pride and not wanting to admit that i've given a stronger argument but sure, you can sleep. I didn't post this to argue i mainly just wanted feedback, which was given. Im just surprised no one agreed.

18. Neuropyramidal

you put a lot of e's in the word 'sure', and that almost made it look like you had a point. Almost. Anyway I've given many of the reasons above. But of course you are surprised no one agreed.....love is blind. But good luck tonite. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. ;)

19. CriticismOnly

CriticismOnly New Member

And you sure put alot of effort into a side story rather than the real argument which is making me think that you do in fact agree with my points because you have no real rebudle. Every point you have has been countered by my original points. No need to keep this joke, or whatever you're doing, going on any longer. I want to stick to the original discussion not go off on some senseless tangent.

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I prefer roman blinds than curtains.. Roman blinds would be in my guard tower..

There's nothing like a fabulous window treatment to scare off would be prison attackers !