Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticism for "Too Far Gone"

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - Too Far Gone' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Venetian!!! Its the only way to go!! :)

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Venetian blinds are very hard to keep clean - dusting them is a massive pain in the ass. Roman shades are MUCH better.

3. Neuropyramidal

But this way I get my daily exercise from the dusting, and I don't have to go to the gym. :p

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Venetian blinds are ok.. Not as classy as Roman blinds..

Who has time for dusting all those venetian blinds in a ZA..

5. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

heh People who find fault in the "logic" of a tv show about zombies are dunderheads.. it's a show about zombies so- chances are it's illogical. However, if one finds fault with the inconsistency of say--one of The most inconsistent characters OF all time..Rick, and uses the example of an earlier episode when he left Carol alone to basically die, and compares that to Rick in the midseason finale telling the Governor "I don't make decisions" not only is that hilariously preposterous, but it proves the hypocrisy of the leader everybody loves to love.

and furthermore Rick has the friggin audacity to mention the councill..LOL The Ricktocracy as turned into the lame duck last half of Obama's second term except his approval rate is at an all time high.

And Daryl using that corpse for a shield. Dumb.As.****

6. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

Actually I think Rick's speech was working. Further the governor thought it was working, that's why he sliced Hershel's neck open, to force the situation. The governor wasn't there for the prison the governor was there for revenge, as soon as it looked like there might be a non-violent resolution the governor made sure that was an impossibility.

7. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

That's the first thing I thought when the tank was shown just being there. I assume there was some production issue with the tank moving around that they felt they couldn't film it rolling up on the prison. But story wise what changes if the tank is detected as it rolls up on the prison vs. the tank is spotted after it's rolled up on the prison? The prison group would have had a couple of extra minutes to prepare but it's a tank and they wouldn't have just opened fire on it so the tank would have approached the fence, then the governor would have made himself, Michonne and Hershel's presence known and everything would have played out from that point exactly the same.

Walkers aren't a constant threat, it was apparently a light walker day.

I agree, but apparently the group didn't feel it necessary considering the lack of attacks in the past six months, particularly with their reduced numbers due to the flu.

They've ordered 8,500 feet of 12' wide curtain material but Amazon is having difficulty zombie-proofing their octocopter delivery vehicles...

They have been reinforcing the fences, where do you propose they get the tons (literally) of materials needed to properly re-enforce the fence?

They were, they were evacuating on the bus and other vehicles as planned.

8. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

She went to continue the fight for the prison, Rick was hurt but he wasn't in immediate danger.

9. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

The short distance she had to drive, not run. Plus it's a TV show, they can play with the sequence of events. For all we know the kid could have died half an hour before the conflict at the prison started and she was on the road for 20 minutes. We are shown it happening when it is germane to the main story, not necessarily when it actually happened.

10. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

Remember that whole family has been holed up in their apartment since the apocalypse started, they don't really understand the situation they are in. That said I agree it was stupid and unrealistic and poor writing. They could have had the kid 10' from the camper and had the same thing happen.

11. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I'm not sure if your comment "People who find fault in the "logic" of a tv show about zombies are dunderheads" was you being facetious, but...aren't you doing exactly what you were mocking? Finding fault with Daryl using the walker as a shield from bullets, for example...if the concept of zombies in general is improbable and thus shouldn't be criticized, then the scene of a character using one as a shield should also be given the same poetic licence. Rick's inconsistencies are not so much improbable as they are human, in my opinion. I find that humans in general can be highly inconsistent with the 'what I say vs what I do' concept. I actually find Rick's inconsistencies (e.g., judging Carol on his own on the very fact that she made decisions on her own) tend to humanize him more.

Just an opinion, and observation...

12. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

Well aside from the shield thing being illogical, it was just dumb. It looked dumb, and it was a scene for his fans..the ones who fill tumblr full of lolz-worthy gifs. Just my opinion of course.

13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I disagree. Rick's speech was working on one level, in that they realized the Governor was lying, but it was never going to work in stopping the attack. The Governor's people wanted the prison, so nothing that Rick or anyone else said was going to matter. The fact Alicia still went ahead and started shooting after all of that was proof of that.

The Governor never thought it was working. The reason he cut Hershel was because of Rick's statement that we can all come back from the things we've done, and the Governor knew that for himself, this was a lie. The Governor also realized that Rick was a better leader than he was, and managed to keep his people safe without resorting to all of the horrible things the Governor did.

14. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the Gov circled the prison on a map in the RV in Dead Weight. That is how Lily probably found her way there.

#174 Benrai2k, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  15. Neuropyramidal

Right, and don't forget guys, these are people who all live in the general area. If you live in a rural setting, and there's a prison within an hour or two of you, you probably know where it is. :p

16. walkingundead

walkingundead New Member

why didn't rick think of this?!?!

so as soon as the 'governor' called rick down and he started trying to 'reason' with him, which of course went nowhere my first though was: hey!! genius!! why don't you call some of the people from the village out and have them explain how their beloved 'governor' had previously gone crazy and killed a bunch of his own men.. maybe then some of his new followers would have realized how crazy the guy is!!

i was screaming at my screen the whole episode lol

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

because you don't gather the whole group around and reason with crazy people who have a tank.

18. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

A few people had suggested that, I kind of thought it too. Problem is Rick was more focused on Hershel and Rick tried to extend his hand to the Gov and not rile him up and show up to be a monster, as it would only serve to enrage him. Not what you want to do when someone unstable who left a woman to be eaten alive, now has a sword to a man's neck.

I think Rick's choice of words "either we all live here or none of us can" was a bit clumsy though, before the Gov even jumped down to grab the sword I thought that was a bit of a potentially dangerous way to word his plight. Cant blame Rick though, he must have been shitting his pants with fear.

A lot of the followers also saw the Gov was crazy anyway after he killed Hershel, and they still followed. I think a lot were riled up and some being ex-army like Alisa just seemed like they wanted to fight. Like Gov said "You dont need to be ashamed of liking the fight". The Gov probably got in to the groups head more than a lot realise. He even made Mitch take up smoking again after he had quit.

19. Danger Bunny

Danger Bunny Member

Because...
    1. Rick hasn't been watching the show and doesn't know anything about the group that just showed up at the fence. For all Rick knew the governor's group knew all about it and were cool with it.
    2. Rick didn't want to put someone else in harm's way.
    3. The governor just told Rick to come down, and he has a tank.

#179 Danger Bunny, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  20. x-TWD-fanx

x-TWD-fanx New Member

Awesome episode, but the thing what bothered me was that Lizzie,Mika,Judith and the other orphaned kids were all alone, and no one looked out for them. Beth is kind of the mother of Judith, so why the heck didn't she looked out for her from the start? Not very good written in my opinion, she would do anything to keep her save, and not let some kids look out for her. Either way, I think tyreese saved her.