Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Claimed"

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Omg!Pudding!

Omg!Pudding! Member

Pretty sure they showed a quick glance of Tara's arm with notes jotted on it in ink...unless I bought the bottle of Jameson with hallucinogenic additives (again.)

2. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that, but I wasn't sure that they were 3 hours worth of roads. :)

3. Maid Maglenn

Maid Maglenn Member

My only complaint is that Eugene seems kind of soft for a seargent. Shouldn't he be in a lot better shape?

Edit:Whoops! I meant Abraham.

#163 Maid Maglenn, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. Omg!Pudding!

Omg!Pudding! Member

I just gave her the benefit of the doubt there, as did Glen, because what's the alternative?

In other words, and I'm surprised I have to be the one to bring it up here, the worst part about this episode is that AMC fired Darabont three years ago.

5. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

LOL, this response made my day :D

6. Omg!Pudding!

Omg!Pudding! Member

Of course you mean Abraham (Eugene has the sweet hairdo!) though I'd say no, a sergeant stationed inside the US in relatively peaceful times likely spends as much time at Applebee's and in front of the xbox as any of his American contemporaries. The disconnect I'm gathering that is the real problem for comic fans is his less-imposing stature on tv vs. the book. This does make sense because Eugene and Rosita are spot-on, but really, haters just love to hate. :)

On that note, my brother and father both have ashy-blonde hair and beards/staches that grow in bright red. Oh, the humanity.

#166 Omg!Pudding!, Feb 24, 2014
  7. mistymage

mistymage Member

I think you mean Abraham. And that is also the only complaint I really had... I was going to complain about his very obvious dye job but when I re-watched the show it wasn't as glaring. Must be the difference between watching it on the big screen and my pc tv monitor.

8. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I'd fire the monkeys who wrote last's night's script.

9. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

Yeah it wasn't one of their best efforts.

10. Omg!Pudding!

Omg!Pudding! Member

Would love to see more behind-the-scenes footage of the monkeys. So cute!

11. WantSomeSlaw

WantSomeSlaw New Member

I see what you mean, but I personally think they made that scene like that to add a bit of comic relief almost.
    Just showing how nonchalantly and unbothered she was. (Even with Carl asking all those questions haha).
    Plus, you have to remember one thing, WE see the other side of the story. The side where there are people who are in the house. Michonne and Carl don't realize that so they take their sweet time with clearing out the house.

But definitely a slow moving episode besides that.

12. Caryl

Caryl Member

But they did know Rick was alone at the house and not physically at his best. They know that other people are as much of a threat as walkers. They should have known that exactly what went down with The Bandits was a distinct possibility. Thus lighting a fire under their asses to hurry the eff up. IDK, it just didn't sit right with me.

I always have some complaints about any given episode but overall I really liked this one.

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

abe is a naturally big man, but didn't seem to be a muscle head. Just a big guy who likes wife beater t shirts

14. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

one of my nephews is like that. You might have some Norwegian blood in you!

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

People who think this episode was too 'slow' make me wonder if they really understand TWD.

16. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

My criticisms are the episode's pace. It was painfully slow, even for this season. It's just one of those moments where I wish I was watching it on Amazon and could go straight to the next one, lol. I liked it but I wanted more.

Other criticisms: Carl being all up in Michonne's business and being so tactless. "You have an obligation to tell me about your obviously dead relatives because it's not like I just lost a sister and should completely understand how it might be difficult to talk about, but I'm 14 years old so I can do any impulsive thing I want and my fanbase will still love me."

Eugene's too obvious character establishment. " Trust me, I'm smarter than you." I would've preferred some subtle character development.

Wish Rosita had more lines, and Eugene, but hopefully that will come later.

The bandits. They were stupid. This could've been an amazing preview of the cannibals, instead we got white trash idiots.

Carl's Sean Penn-esque moment when he mentions Judith's name. Ugh, I need a paper bag.

Now, what I liked about the episode.

Michonne and that string cheese. I want that gif lol.

The sequence of Rick under the bed. Damn, that was awesome. And when he later strangles the guy as he almost gets the scissors. I thought that might lead to him losing his hand. Not yet, huh.

Michonne and Carl's relationship. It's great to see them as such good friends, I really do feel like they need eachother. And did Carl mention Andrea? That was nice.

Abraham and Glenn's dog fight. It was kinda funny to watch and watch Rosita and Eugene just stand there yawning. I was worried when Glenn threw that first punch because in the comics Abe would've snapped his neck.

Alanna Masterson. I just love her?

Glenn being a hero and going after his girl. I want someone else to face the wrath of Lucielle in this version.

Overall I enjoyed the episode and wasn't sorry I watched it with commercials lol.

#176 kennyisalive94, Feb 24, 2014
  17. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Some episodes are slower than others.

18. puppydogeyeessc

puppydogeyeessc New Member

Newbie here - had to join just b/c this has been bugging me all night.
    The old guy in the bathroom -- what was he doing just sitting there? He wasn't "pottying" - the lid was down and his pants were up. Even in the scene when he and Rick are struggling -the toilet lid is closed.

Any clue? Or was this a filming oversight?

19. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

It was Andre. Her son. He said "Maybe she and Andre are together"

Could be, he was pondering life. -
    I think he was just trying to get away from the others. Maybe he didn't like what went on downstairs

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

If you watch it again, he was barefoot and his boots were on the floor next to the toilet. So I think he was cutting his toenails, or had some other foot problem he was dealing with. Although there was a bunch of lady stuff on the floor so maybe he was gonna paint his toenails? Anyway, something with his feet.