Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Internment"

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by Stuff&Thangs, Nov 7, 2013.

1. SugarLover

SugarLover New Member

Maybe you're right. I am sure I'll watch them all again when I have time or Netflix gets this season up next year. I'm missing the rush I felt at seeing the crazy things people did out there in the wide world in past seasons, I want my spine to tingle. I attribute the lack of these emotions that I've grown to count on TWD feeding me, to the (what I feel) misplaced necessity of the lengthy sick bay scenes.

I watched the father accept his son as a valuable, viable, part of the team. I see where Lizzy finally understands the error of her thinking, where the old man starts to question his faith, where a new love might be written in place of a lost love... and many other deep and well thought out plot points. I'm not blind to these.

But doggone it, I want to be a little scared and thrilled too! Zombies walking around inside the prison sick bay just receive an eye roll from me at this point. Come on, sock it to me! Show me something new and creepy, like zombie babies in a daycare or something. It doesn't have to mean anything toward the depth of the episodes, just give us a few moments of freak out :) This last episode had no head-ducking/blanket-hiding moments to speak of.

2. SugarLover

SugarLover New Member

Apology accepted :) And I'm also sorry you misunderstood me. This show does not make me fall asleep. I think watching people cough is a snooze fest, meaning I wish they would show more thrilling things than a sick guy. I understand most people didn't mind those scenes at all (maybe even thought they were cool), because of the other dynamics between the characters that were playing out while someone hocked up lugies in the background. I prefer episodes of the show where I feel like I'm on the edge of my seat. It's just a personal preference, I'll keep watching, not sleeping, and hoping the next one is scarier. (And posting my praise and/or critisism if I feel so inclined)

3. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

...n whats wrong with a lil coughing. Thats damn good writing:zombies_rolleyes:

4. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

Love the drama about the fence here in this thread....Love the complaints about this episode being a snooze fest....This is great knowing there are other people who feel the same way :zombies_lol:

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

True, but its good to have a nice balance. If we have that sort of thing in every episode, then it would grow predictable. Having the quieter, more contemplative episodes [which I think are great in and of themselves...i'm much more of a Green Mile type guy than a Gone in 60 seconds guy...the deeper films are the ones that stick with you], but having these episodes makes the blanket grabbing ones less predictable. I'm very happy with season 4 so far, I think Gimple really knows what he's doing, and if you've read the comics, you'll know that there is some pretty crazy stuff coming up. ;)...oh, by the way, Read the Comics. You can't be my friend and spend evenings gazing at stars and eating bacon with me until you do. ;)

6. Neuropyramidal

Just based on the part of your paragraph that I put in bold, I think you'll survive around here. We'll get along. ;)

7. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

...you go girl;)

8. maya15

maya15 Member

I understand that this thread is for objective complaints. Here is what I figured out from them:

For this year and a half (I think that much time have passed?) they already should have fully operational society, with enough food, medicines, guns or anything else they might need, because all that are just lying around in inexhaustible quantities and waiting for them to pick it up (I mean where it is that gun factory already?).

Security also shouldn`t have been a problem at all, because they had more than enough time and resources to do whatever they want with walkers, from that they could have been run over by heavy machinery to that they were able to kill them all with guns with silencers. Besides, we already have learned that walkers are not especially dangerous being so slow and, well, dead, so it should be easy to handle them, hence there is no reason for fear or worry too much when they are around.

Also, survivors were supposed to completely adapt to the rules of the new world. They should be capable to coolly make tough decisions in any given situation, always keeping in mind the best interests of all while doing that. Furthermore, they have already established a public authority which is successfully engaged in solving everyday problems as well as the complex moral issues (the last one particularly relating to the episode 4).

It seems that there are no especially tough or too complicated issues in the ZA.

Ah, yes, one more thing– in the name of realism most of our main characters already should have been dead (with exception of Daryl and, possibly, Rick) and in this way we would be able to peacefully enjoy in real life adventures of far more interesting Woodburians. So, please, no more lazy writing :)

How can you don`t love this thread? I most certainly do :)

#128 maya15, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  9. mfinley

mfinley Member

You may just be naive when it comes to firearms. But statistically speaking the number is between 30% and 40% depending who does the polling in regard to gun ownership in America. So statistically speaking every 3rd house you would enter in the ZA would likely have one or more firearms and ammunition in it. When you further take the number of firearms in America - 400 million and divide that by households that would contain guns that means that out of those every 3rd house there would statistically be 3 firearms on average in it. Further take the statistics of how much ammo the average firearm owner keeps on hand per firearm which is 2000, you get by doing the math each of those 3rd homes is going to have on average 6000 rounds of ammo.

You can cut the numbers in half if you think they are too hard to believe and still have numbers that show firearms and ammo would not be in short supply for survivors of the ZA, but quite the opposite.

#129 mfinley, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  10. Neuropyramidal

Well, this kind of is the naïve stance. Those numbers only make sense if all the gun owners left their guns neatly stored in their houses at the outbreak of the ZA. I think in reality, as the chaos was breaking out, most owners would have tried to flee with those guns. Of course many guns would be left behind, but the reality of the situation would change this numbers quite drastically I would think.

11. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

It's called death row for a reason
    :zombies_cool:

12. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Oh, if only you could see some of the things my former (very well-fed) dog has eaten....walker guts would have been a gourmet pièce de résistance to her...

13. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Not enough Daryl Badass Dixon.

14. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Can I like this post multiple times??

15. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

This is a complete assumption, plus on a TV show the writers make choices based on what would be entertaining. Are you seriously proposing they should have a 100% safe society and the show should be about farming and who stole whose peas or blankets?

So in the name of "realism" the main charactors should be dead even though
    - Other people, in your world, are apparently still alive. But because the TV is following certain people, that means they should be dead
    - You claim the society should be relatively safe and secure by now.

16. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

oh my god, this type of stuff is what I was told when I was 14 or something and watched Castaway with Tom Hanks -- just bs.

I liked the episode but let's stop talking down to each other. I have enjoyed season 4 more than 3 so far, but at the same time I get sick of the prison in general and wish they'd move on.

17. maya15

maya15 Member

Oh, no, you have completely misunderstood me. Just the opposite :)

I was being sarcastic. Obviously I have not done a very good job of it.

18. maya15

maya15 Member

Yes, I am naive about weapons, you are right. I know nothing about them and I don’t own a gun, which is something that I plan to change as soon as possible after things I read on this forum :) Also, I find your post really interesting, thank you for the information. It is assumed that there are a lot of weapons out there, but until you see the figures you do not realize just how much are there really.

However, I still don’t think that it would be easy to find large quantities of weapons in ZA only in abandoned houses, and for several reasons.

First, if I had a gun at the moment of the outbreak, it would be the first thing that I would bring with me. I seriously doubt that I would take family pictures. So, it is highly probable that most of the people who were at home did just that – bring their weapons with them.

Second, in the houses that were empty at the moment of the outbreak, weapons probably are not left just lying around but they are secured in some not too obvious places. That means that one has to look for them throughout the house, which increases the risk of running into some walkers.

And last but not least, there are other survivors who also want weapons, and it is likely that somebody already has been in there and cleaned the house before you.

So, when I saw all those weapons in that barrel, I thought that they must have found the prison armory. And because they have to save ammo, it was also completely logical to me that shooting walkers were their last option.

19. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

No one knows how many guns are in America. It's all conjecture. We don't have a registry (THANK GOD) so how would anyone 'know'? As for ammunition. The purpose for ammo is to be shot and since there is no ammo registry, how could anyone know 'how much the average gun owner has'. Generally people who stockpile ammo won't tell anyone 'doing a survey', I know I wouldn't.

In my Fire Dept, I am the most active shooter. No one else in the dept has the levels of ammo that mfinley is saying and about half are gun owners. Most have less than 100 rounds. The paramedic I work with has a pistol, shotgun and rifle and they have about 100 rounds.
    The info in mfinley's post. I'd like to see the sources.

20. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Haha just not consistent sarcasm I guess. I'm glad you were being sarcastic, it warms my heart. So tired of the saber rattling status quo eye rolling crowd here.