Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Internment"

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by Stuff&Thangs, Nov 7, 2013.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

You may not have noticed, but it's a TV show (and comic), not real life. In the TV show, Morgan got the weapons from the police station that Rick used to work at. They discussed it in the episode.

2. mfinley

mfinley Member

I see so in the TV show based on a comic book their reality is that the United States where the show takes place is different than the United States you and I live in.

Gotcha, that explains it then. That must be why there is a shortage of guns and ammo. That or that in 2 years all ammo expires due to humidity.

Somebody might want to tell the writers that the ammo they are shooting on the show should all be bad now.

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Actually ammo does go bad due to humidity. Even here in our world. Once the gunpowder gets damp it doesn't work.

Not sure where you came up with 2 years? Another something you just made up I guess.

4. mfinley

mfinley Member

So what is our point? Food spoils if left out in the sun, gas goes bad over time too. Is there a point to your statement that ammo goes bad? Do you just want to make it as a statement or are you addressing something specifically? I assumed perhaps incorrectly that there was some reason you want to say ammo goes bad due to humidity that was related to this forum and TWD and that ammo is scarce on the show. The discussion you keep replying to is about that in the real world there is plenty of ammo available in TWD time frame, you bring up that ammo goes bad due to humidity, I gave you the benefit of the doubt you're somehow wanting to relate this to TWD which has about a 2 year timeline to date for the survivors.

So is there some relevance to your statements about ammo going bad due to humidity in regard to TWD or are you just wanting to post it as a public service message or something?

Do you have any experience with firearms or is all your knowledge from comic books?

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Actually, I do have experience with firearms. Do you?

My point was in counterpoint to what you were trying to claim, that firearms and ammunition enough to last a lifetime are just lying around waiting to be taken. This is not the case, because not only in many cases have the original owners taken them, or other scavengers taken them, but sometimes, if left to the open air, the ammo will be useless and the guns corroded.

Your trying to convince Maya15 that there are more than enough guns and ammo just lying around for the taking is why I got involved in the conversation, and the assumption that Morgan was just able to find all these guns when in fact he got them from the police station that Rick had shown him.

6. cfunk55

cfunk55 Member

I disagree that ammunition is a "finite" resource. Ever resource is "finite" if you don't go looking for more, but there are BILLIONS of bullets in the U.S. The FBI estimate is that there are over 200 million privately owned firearms and every one of them has ammunition so all that needs to be done is look. Way fewer people means way MORE resources for who is left.

7. maya15

maya15 Member

Exactly :)

They were starving at the beginning of season 3, and they are still struggling to have enough food. We saw that they don`t have too much gasoline, and there is also an obvious shortage of medical supplies.
    So, I agree that obtaining weapons are equally challenging as any of those activities that you listed – one can do it, of course, but it is going to be hard and far from quantities that would have been sufficient for them.

Regarding Morgan, I always thought that most of his guns were from the police station. I also assumed that after his son`s death he started to search houses to find and collect as many weapons he could, so that he would be able to fulfill his mission i.e. to kill as many walkers as he could. So despite the fact that he is only one man he devoted his entire life to that one cause, and in the end it is not unrealistic that he was able to gather such amount of weapons. But, I would not agree that anybody could do it. On the contrary, I`d say that Morgan and his weapons are more an exception rather than the rule.

8. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Yes, realised it was a production screw up, and those do happen.

But haven't we seen them open it from the guard side before, it didn't look like carol had keys when she did so. Also, I doubt this is death row, for some odd reason.

9. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

When they discussed where to put the sick, they mention a cell block ("A" IIRC) and Glenn called it "Death Row". They may not be in death row, but the show made that impression.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They're in death row. The room with the big glass window that the sick folks have been talking to the healthy folks in is where they do the lethal injections. Family members of the inmate's victims can watch through the glass.

11. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Hm, alright then, I guess it's highly plausible. Thanks for the correction :)

12. cfunk55

cfunk55 Member

I also suspect Morgan has done some raiding of camps or looting of people that entered his territory, as almost happened to Rick and Carl. I don't think Rick would be happy with Morgan's answer to the "How many humans have you killed and why" question.

13. Melo

Melo Active Member

that was the 2nd best episode of the first half of season 4, great song too