Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Live Bait"

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by Stuff&Thangs, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

yes, that and the fact that anytime someone points out the faults in their arguments, they just hide behind straw men. But it seems they might be turning a new leaf this evening. I have hope for those two. I'll be the first to sponsor them, if this was an AA meeting. ;)

2. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

I haven't been here long but I haven't seen just the same repeated complaints. I've seen a lot of complaints that are specific criticisms of specific episodes, and well thought out criticisms of the entire series.

Meh, to each his own but consider that you might be a bit of a Debbie Downer to others if you're limiting discussion to "non criticisms" or label other's feelings on the show "complaining"

You can't be serious about this! Only one thread for criticisms is quite strange.

3. Springsheen

Springsheen Member

The thing is even with this thread which is, as titled a "criticism thread" when I see people posting fair criticisms in here they soon get ganged up on with sarcastic comments from those who just can't bear to see anyone criticising the show.

Take a look at the first few posts on most of these criticism threads. You'll find "Zomg! I hated this epidsode because Daryll wasn't in it!11" type sarcastic posts. Before anyone has even given a criticism.....

I know, I'm a noob. I'll be quiet now and go back to stalking WalkingDog.

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

All of the beginning posts in any of these threads are posted days before the episode, and are done in jest. If they happen to match posts that are done by people after the show airs, that doesn't change the fact they were done in jest.

Also, disagreeing with someone is not criticizing them.

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

The first posts are done well before anything airs. It's just people screwing around.

6. Springsheen

Springsheen Member

Okay fair enough, I probably need to spend longer on here to get a real good idea of the goings-on, but it was just my first impression.

I can understand poking fun, I do have a sense of humour but it's just a little bit annoying, reading the same 'jokes' over and over...

Anyway, before this gets unnecessarily serious let's remember it's just a show (and a bloody good one at that).

7. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

It's a good bloody one too. ;)

I enjoy the posts done in jest, or sarcastically ('sargasm'!) as long as the sarcasm is also poking fun, and not meant to make someone look dumb. The only thing I mind is the bickering that gets out of hand and turns into personal attacks. Criticism thread...great idea! Personal attack posts, not so much.

8. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Oh, and a complaint to add on...posts which contain videos that say "The uploader has not made this video available in your country" when one hits the play button. I'm beginning to think that Canada is the kid in the playground who has no friends. :zombies_mad:

9. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

cant agree at all. glenn and maggie are wastes of time, not the gov.

10. RonRevogeht

RonRevogeht Member

My only complaint is that one of the greatest episodes of all time had to end.

11. TWDeadHead87

TWDeadHead87 Member

I hated this episode, probably the most boring of all episodes, I highly dislike the Governor and I had to sit and watch an entire episode about him?? ugh.

12. Regenerator

Regenerator New Member

The governor's character is really deep in the first novel I agree. But I'm also a fan of the one from the show.