Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Criticisms for "Us"

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - Us' started by Stuff&Thangs, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

The part that's bugging me at the moment is how they're just kinda glazing over s01e06. Eugene knows what caused all this? Big deal! So does Glen. Why haven't they discussed that at all? Are they just doing a little ret-con and ignoring s01e06? Seems like Glen would say something like "We already know what caused this!"

2. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I only have to reply to this, because I never saw why anyone in the group would know better just because of the trip to the CDC. Jenner was one guy that had been locked away in the building and cut off from communication. He admitted that he was a nobody compared to other researchers, and had no answer for them about what started it. It is more than possible that others with higher clearance could be privy to details he was not. The "It's Classified" line fits perfectly here too, as classified info is compartmentalized to only those with the clearance. Even if it is a total fabrication, being confronted with this scenario with Jenner will likely be met with "I knew Jenner. He was a good man, but woefully uninformed about the vagaries of the contagion and wouldn't know a ribosome from mitochondria. He was not a bad guy, but there is no way he could have known what was going on with my research. I would have been more surprised if you said he told you he had cracked the genome and unraveled the convoluted DNA helix, discovering something even remotely approximate to the source of the problem." 10 minutes with Eugene could convince anyone that he does indeed know more than the average joe, assuming you don't notice his hesitation when he is caught off guard as he was with Tara.. "I like girls." -pause to process this new information and formulate an appropriate aloof response.- "I'm well aware of that."

3. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

But they don't know what caused this, why would Glenn say that?

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm finding Daryl's whole story in the second half incredibly dull. Honestly, he's had a very big focus in the second half, but I've disliked almost all of his scenes. Just not enjoying it at all.

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Glenn is taking him at his word, since he seems to be backed up 100% by Abraham. Abe's overzealous attempts to protect him are tiring, but shows that no matter what he believes in Eugene. This could have been understood better if he made his speech from the comics as to why he believed Eugene so completely, and added to that the fact that Abe has lost hope already in the ZA (They seem to be touching upon this already with some of the talk of others from their group) and found it anew with a mission that has meaning.

Remember, Jenner never told them what caused it. He gave them a list of likely suspects that even ended with "act of god" (Credit to Jaqui for throwing it in). Eugene is the first and only person they have met that says he knows the score. Compounded by Abraham's blind obedience to him, this makes the story even more believable. Rosita just follows the beef, but she also follows in complete trust.

6. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Because of what Jenner told the group in season one at the CDC. I find it odd that Glenn hasn't mentioned those events. But whatever. I'm satisfied with Z-Man's explanation.

7. DreamWalker

DreamWalker Member

This is no criticism to the Episode, only some thinkin':

How can a group like Joe's group survice for two years?
    I mean, they beat themselves up for a bed (where Rick hid) and even kill each other because of a freakin' rabbit corpse...
    How long can something like that last?

8. Jack Windham

Jack Windham Member

The group might have been bigger before this.

9. rustybag

rustybag Member

Thank you for the info, [MENTION=25242]Z-Man[/MENTION]. I guess they took a gamble when they decided to keep their appearances congruent with how they were in the comic. But if they are able to make them work as characters on the show, then maybe they won't seem so out of place down the road. We'll see!

10. Still_Alive

Still_Alive Well-Known Member

I don't like this episode and whole Season 4 (except Episode 401, ending with Patrick's death, writers decided to show us ZA huge problems - undernourishment and viruses, at last; that was very promising but wasted). I'm afraid the finale won't get better.

I also fear TWD producers are wasting other good ideas - Daryl joining the dark side (and struggling), Carl becoming more ruthless, cold and independent (remember him killing this Woodbury boy? now, he's chomping candy bars...), Abraham mission (I don't know what's going on, he says they can't waste their time and move down a tunnel, then he gets a van and finds Glenn and Tara at the other end; illogical).

So, I'm joining this bandwagon of sad, unsatisfied assholes :( Sorry :(

Criticize us but don't treat us like haters, please. We're complaining cause we still love the show and we remember how good it used to be. We want our The Walking Dead back.

#110 Still_Alive, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  11. Chuckernaut

Chuckernaut Member

I agree. they are all alpha males except for one and I would most definitely tell em all to get f*cked and head out on my own. Just not believable.

12. Youcher1

Youcher1 New Member

One thing that war has shown us, is that men, young men, tend to behave VERY VERY badly when left alone together in a group without moral supervision. The overriding obsession of (Joes) group would be to, first - gather weapons - then food - and then, WOMEN! All they would be talking about (and planning for) would be to aquire the sexual services of women. It would be a real "Lord of the Flies" situation with Daryl being the new 'Piggy' until he proved himself.

This is also why Rosita's choice to bare herself in the super-sexy costume of a gun-show hostess makes no sense. Women in war (and THIS IS WAR) tended to shave their heads and bind their breasts. Rosita would be passed around like a family-size bag of Cheetos if they ran into a roving gang of survivalists.

Please tell me if this comment is pushing the limits, re: rules.

#112 Youcher1, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  13. sam12six

sam12six Member

You misspelled Cheetos. That is unacceptable. Please remove yourself from this forum. :hatchet:

14. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Not that this would change your opinion but in the comics

15. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

I don't like Glenn and Maggie , individually I love them both but I just don't buy them as "The most desperately in love couple since the beginning of time." I almost starting believing it when they were searching for and talking about each other but the second they're are in the same scene the illusion falls apart, they seem more like acquaintances. I don't think they're bad actors their lack of chemistry is palatable.

16. Youcher1

Youcher1 New Member

Ok...changed, sry...not a big snack guy

17. Caryl

Caryl Member

All of this!!! Although I did like David Morissey. I didn't like 2 entire episodes devoted to his story but he did a really good job as Governor IMO.

They've dramatically increased the cast and the number of actors and the quality of the acting has suffered. With a few exceptions like Clara, the creepy woman in the woods from 04-01. I never liked Martinez and Shumpert being the big silent black dude was just weird. He never spoke and had a decent amount of screen time. WTF? Karen, Lizzie and Mika's Dad, Beth's brief boyfriend, were all just mediocre. I never really bought Karen and Tyreese's relationship in the first place. They were in the early stages of romance it seems. They hadn't even had sex and weren't in the "sleeping over" phase. They were basically just dating. It makes sense for him to be pissed about her death but it's not a loss comparable to Rick losing Lori. Not even close. But that arc ended well between him and Carol so I can't complain. I just didn't buy the extent to which we were were supposed to think he was so broken up over her death. Well now I'm rambling off topic so I'll shut up lol.

18. Charmander

Charmander Member

What a total disappointment after last week! The two little girls from the last episode acted better than Abraham & co.

19. Caryl

Caryl Member

Sort of off topic but the same thing happens when young male elephants have no older males to keep them in line. They group up and basically behave like a gang acting a fool and bullying other elephants, people, and rhinos. The endangered status of rhinos and the fact that these elephants were killing them in record numbers is what alerted biologists to this behavior. They had to truck in older wiser male elephants to get the young ones in control and save the rhinos.

Testosterone is a powerful hormone and it tends to cause young males of many species, humans included, to run amok until they learn to get it under control. Anyone who thinks it's only women who get "all hormonal" have no clue about biology or physiology. That's not a dig at men, some of my favorite people in the world are men, it's just a fact. Young males are a cantankerous lot!

At least we're only hormonal one week a month, boys!! :Grin:

20. antonyzac

antonyzac New Member

Thanks for picking this up! I didn't notice that.
    I don't see this guy in their group though any more either. How can they go on the basis of his description to hunt Rick down without him there to refresh their memories about what Rick looked like? I can barely describe some people enough to make them be recognisable to my friends, and I see them every day! The story's just a little...loose.