Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Cross Cops

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by Zombie_Rhino, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised at how the situation with the cross cops and Carol went down. Obviously, we knew she was going to end up in the hospital due to some previous scenes. We also kind of knew how Beth and Noah got to the hospital as they were both "rescued" by the cross cops. At first, I really believed that they were somewhat rescuing people in tough situations, but turning them into some sort of slaves that work for them at the hospital. If they were truly looking for people that needed rescuing, their whole society could have worked. If you save someone, they would feel some debt of gratitude towards you and perhaps be willing to do whatever you wanted. But for them to be hitting people with cars and banking on them either forgetting the whole thing or hoping they will serve them after that incident is just plain stupid. There are not many people left in the world at this point, but they obviously want more servants - so why run over a potential candidate? We even hear in the next episode that she isn't doing too well - so they not only hit her, but hit her so hard that she's on the brink of death. Does not make sense to me...

2. Walker Caravan

Me neither. Still not sure if they planned to hit her or were just driving down the street, hit her, and didn't look around for anyone else but just.... like it's an everyday routine, put her on the stretcher.

Were they watching? Do they know she was with 2 others? Was it really an accident? Could she not have heard the car before running into the street? Was it going at a good clip or were they just around the corner and just accelerated into her? They Stopped pretty quick... were they sure they didn't just run over a walker? They didn't hear Daryl cry out?

I'm missing something.

3. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i have all those same questions as well. we do know that they probably heard the gun shots from Noah and most likely went to go inspect the situation. i feel like in that case they should have been scoping everything out and driving a little more slowly, unless they saw her and wanted to run her over. also, they stopped pretty quick as you say - so i think they knew what they did. otherwise if it was a walker they would have kept on driving and not inspected the situation. in addition, if they were speeding before Carol stepped out in front, i assume she would have heard it and looked. they must have been going slow or even stopped then sped up to hit her. i think that makes the most sense.

4. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah their whole setup and intake process is a little sketchy to me too, so far though we've only seen the cross cops hit one person with a car (Carol) and we don't know if they hit Beth with the car for sure (but her with the wrist injury seems to point to that) but it's possible it happened some other way with Beth. We don't know how the other servants in the hospital got there, so it's hard to assume if that's their MO or not using the vehicles to hit them.

I'm flip-flopping on Carol though, part of me is thinking it was likely intentional hitting Carol because she was armed, but they didn't intend to kill her, and another part thinks it might have been just an accident like you suggested. I wonder if that will be explained in the next two episodes.

5. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I noticed that there was a black van parked right where Carol crossed. Also, I'm not so sure that was a street that ran thru, but more of the cross cops' car pulling as close to the building as possible.
    As for them deciding to take Carol, hasn't it been established that grabbing females is a plus for them?

6. Lateralis

Lateralis Member

I would have to watch again as I only saw the episode once but it looked to me as if the station wagon intentionally accelerated in order to hit Carol. She had a rifle slung around her so they couldn't have mistook her for a walker. And the fact that they carried a stretcher with them only fuels speculation that they go out "hunting" for living victims.

7. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think they're "hunting" people for slaves -- or at least opportunistically "conking" them somehow when they see them. After all, a lot of people aren't going to come willingly with a bunch of strangers, cop uniform or not, at this point -- especially if they are with someone else. The oncologist fell out of his apartment? How does that happen (and worse, I thought they said it was a first floor apartment he fell out of).

Carol? Definitely a hit, grab & run. If they weren't doing that, why wouldn't they be looking around for other people? [Just like they didn't look around for other people when they grabbed Beth, yet Darryl wasn't that far behind ]

8. FISH

FISH Member

Yeah i dont get it either, if they are wanting to build a stronger group they would be much better served simply asking people to join them and explaining they have a safe location and supplies and doctors on staff, just taking them is only going to breed contempt and the chances of confrontation, i get the distinct feeling that they dont fully understand what its like out on the road as such and feel people will still conform to law and order seeing someone in a police uniform (i dont actually think they are all cops either) but they are in for a real shock when they get to meet the rest of the group and i dont see the battle being as intense as many would think, they should be no real problem for Rick and the gang.
    They also have no real leverage, as they have no idea Beth and Carol are part of their group, and hopefully the writers are smart enough not to have Rick or Daryl expose that fact.

9. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Is there a lot of traffic during the zombie apocalypse? Do ambulances usually drive into people, thereby creating their own patients? I'm pretty sure all those "accidents" were planned, and they would always take what the weaker and more compliant of the survivors with them to the hospital.

10. cowboy's person

I'm afraid the cops' motivations and logic will remain a plot device. It's a waste of resources and an unnecessary risk to kidnap unwilling servants/sex slaves. How can the cops NOT expect escape and rescue attempts? Previous bad guys had at least some semblance of "reasonable" goals. The governor wanted to eliminate all threats to his authority. Gareth wanted to not be a victim and instead be the butcher. I'm preparing myself for the disappointment of having the main big bads of the MSF being driven by nothing more than being a bunch of stupid perverts.

11. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

There sure are a lot of weirdos running the show when society falls apart. More than now, I mean.