Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Crossover Character

Discussion in 'Episode 806 - The King, the Widow, and Rick' started by Terminator, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

They don't need to make the time line work at all.

They are very much into time line jumps, skips, flash backs. So why not a "flash forward" episode or two?

Couldn't any one of the characters, when surrounded, picks up a stick and whips everyone's ass? When asked "hey where did you learn how to do that?" then they do a flash forward to an indeterminate time in the future, where he meets a fellow in the woods, that he stayed with for two weeks, and learned how to use a stick in self defense and the deadly "Eastman exploding head" technique. Then this mentor got killed by a biting walker while distracted showing him how to DIY a protein bar, he then buried him and returns to the present with his new skill set.

2. Fon

Fon Member

The only way I can think this will be possible is if the Fear crew dealt with the things in Mexico on the Premiere and then decides to go back to the US. And then we have a 1 year time jump, that would probably led us to the time where the S3~S4 time jump of 6~7 months is happening.

However, the timeline on the wikia says this is when Morgan was living with Eastman, and it says this last the entire timejump + the beginning of S5. However, if Eastman died on the first 10~20 days of the timejump, there would be close to 6 unseen months of Morgan no-clear pre-Alexandria scenes where they could make him meet the Fear crew (it's a stretch but maybe in a year they could reach that area by travelling in cars/walking??? idk)

Anyway, It's the only way I think this is possible... Do we know for a fact that Morgan spent the entire 6 month timejump living with Eastmon and not just the first 10~20 days???

3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Fun to see everyone's knickers in a knot over this. A big surprise having Morgan as the crossover character, but I'm not going to get concerned over how they write it into FTWD. I like it much better than just having a dead TWD character (Abe) pop up.

4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That would mean Morgan went from Atlanta to TX and back to Atlanta all within that 6 months. Or the ftwd crew ends up in Atlanta.

Gimble said what happens to Morgan in s8 sets up his time in ftwd. So either there is another flashback for Morgan coming where he is kidnapped and taken to TX, or he leaves VA and goes to TX where ftwd has a 2 year time jump.

Either way we slice it, I think it's going to really muck things up for one, or both shows.

5. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

100% this either way people will be scratching their heads...
    Who knows maybe they'll make it work and both shows will hit the high ratings they are hoping for

6. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

Maybe it was all part of his Motown-Philly, back again, trip? You know, a bit of an East Coast swing, with a huge western detour?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Is that a metaphor for "**** things up to the point of destroying"?

8. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Yes, yes it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

New show title will be Fear the Contrivance.

10. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Nope. The days of a Walking Dead show having highs are over with. This is a pure ratings driven decision for both shows.

I do think the chances are actually pretty good now though that the Fear group turns into the Whisperers. It will help Fear out in that it will bring some of the people solely focusing on TWD over to their show. And it will help give The Whisperers a little more development once they do enter TWD and maybe not seem quite as stupid to the audience as they would if they were entirely brand new characters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tsahi

tsahi Member

I don't know why everyone here thinks about Texas. FTWD may be filmed in TX, but is not taking place in TX. It started in LA, went down to Mexico, and went up again to the US-Mexico border. That's even several hundred miles farther away from Virginia or Georgia than Texas.

Yes, this will be completely weird for a character to travel half way across the country, and back, in a world full of walking dead people, and bandits.

12. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Last episode there was talk of going to Houston. They also just srarted filming this year the first time in Texas. Now just because it is filmed there means nothing, (TWD is still filmed in Georiga but based now in Virginia) but im pretty sure they'll head east from the boarder

13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It's generally accepted that they are going to Texas. With the talk on the show about heading to Texas and now them changing filming locations. I think most people believe the show will be set in Texas.

I have been thinking about this all day and I can only come to one logical conclusion. Ftwd is going to make a 2-3 year time jump. They are basically going to blow past the idea that the group is split up, have them all and up in Texas 2-3 years later, together, where they meet up with Morgan, who has left Alexandria and headed to Texas for some reason.

It also opens the door for the two shows to coexist in the same time. Morgan can tell them about the groups on the East coast and it gives them the opportunity to simply move characters to the main show if there is a ratings drop on either show.

Ftwd not keeping enough viewers to keep the show on the air, take the fan favorites and have them head to Alexandria. Ratings on twd drop too far, same thing. Move characters over and freshen up the story.

The possibilities are endless if the two time lines are in sync. I think that's the route they will take.

14. Sully

Sully Active Member

If they do a timejump, I can see them actually keeping the groups apart for a'll that time and picking up where they're all at after.

They set it up with the ending so Gimple can come in and make whatever changes he wants to pretty much.

• Like Like x 1
  15. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

How is it more logical or plausible for them to make a time jump than to just have Morgan get magical back story that puts him wherever F of TWD is right now in the past and go from there?

It is no real stretch to imagine Morgan having made the detour to where they are on F of TWD before starting his journey to Terminus and then Alexandria and maybe they even show him going the wrong way and ending up in F of TWD back then which helps show where he learned to mark trees to remember his way in the future trip to Terminus?

It hardly is more ridiculous than the time jump to me.

16. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I think it's the opposite. It'll be harder to try and tie in a back story to fit the timeline they already set for Morgan. With fear they have no lines to follow. They can wrap up the ongoing story by the MSF and go literally anywhere from there.

Maybe the fear characters end up Georgia from Texas who knows... but I think that's the only way they can tie Morgan into fears timeline as they stand now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I see it the exact opposite.

The only logical place they could take Morgan out of twd timeline and insert him into ftwd would be after he leaves Eastman. Him and Duane never leave King County and we know he was "clear" Morgan from the time Duane died and he met Eastman. They aren't going to throw a crazy Morgan in ftwd for a few episodes, that would make zero sense.

So the only time they could fit him in is between the time he leaves Eastman and arrives in Alexandria. We saw him at various points during that trip. When he found Gabriel's church and the map, and when he ran into the wolves. That is also a very small time frame. You are talking a few weeks between Eastman and Alexandria.

In order to sandwich in a trip to Texas, Morgan would have had to leave Eastman's house, find Gabriel's church, pick up the map, high tail it to Texas, then high tail it all the way to Alexandria all in the matter of a few weeks. When it was established that once he found the map, he followed it to find Rick.

It just doesn't fit within the established timeline or the established events during the timeline.

It only fits if you jump a few years on ftwd to line up with the end of TWD s8.

I just realized that it really fits when you take into account that We are about to have a time jump on the main show. If that's how you see Rick's day dreams. So both shows jump 2 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

You replied when I did saying the same thing only you explained it better

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

One option, and I don't think it would work with the established timeline and would require a kid who looks like Duane. Have Morgan, Jenny, and Duane be in Texas heading east. Morgan states he was evacuating when Jenny got sick. So maybe they were in Texas and we see the Jones family before they stop off in King County when she gets sick.

20. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

That wouldn't even work because fear eneded around the time the cdc blew up in Atlanta

• Like Like x 1