Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Crossover Character

Discussion in 'Episode 806 - The King, the Widow, and Rick' started by Terminator, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Wait wait? It is freaking MORGAN?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's right. Morgan was in King County still.

The time jump is the only thing that fits.

Both shows jump two years, or twd doesn't jump and both shows exist at the same time. Either way, I don't see any other way Morgan fits into the show without some serious adjusting of the time line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

No reason to think the gimp won't go there anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

At this point, anything is possible.

The two shows have an established timeline based on things characters have said. Comments here and there about how many days/weeks passed between on-screen events, things like that. But nothing written in stone.

I wouldn't put it past the writers to include off comments by characters when the show resumes that alters the timeline. They could have Madison say something to the effect of "....during the 8 months we were on the ranch..." or something to that effect, stretching out the timeline enough where any time jump wouldn't be that dramatic.

I mean the established timeline on twd is just around 20 months. Now visually it feels like it's been a lot longer than that. So even the established timeline is wonky. It's very easy to skew it just enough to make everything fit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Yeah they can pretty much do anything and act like what previously happened didn't.. bit I think they wont go that route

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

My bet is a flashback. Madison will arrive on a scene that will remind her of meeting someone (ie Morgan).

7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Everyone loves to watch a train wreck! This should be sickeningly riviting

• Like Like x 1
  8. carolsubmissive

carolsubmissive Active Member

I think a time jump for FTWD could life really work from the point we left at... maybe lol

Although if the group are all together again and it's unexplained how Daniel, Nick, Strand etc survived then that is gonna suck balls...

9. carolsubmissive

carolsubmissive Active Member

On the opposite side, FTWD is hardcore when it comes to killing. They've already had huge battles on the scale of the Saviors war over there.

Surely if Morgan had ran into these lunatics earlier he'd have mentioned them in TWD

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is where you notice that FTWD went bit to fast to be "relevant" aside the main show. Mini Negan in Proctor who is pretty ambitious...maybe even more than Negan with his state plan, crazy gangs, hordes and settlement disputes. By the end of Season 3, or if we count by episodes I guess we should be a bit into Season 4? Rick had just fought off some gangsters to help Hershel, tried to save a farm from a pretty shitty herd and drove off The Governors home made militia of ladies with diabetes and teenage kids. Madison is already a full fledged psychopath who have no care for life.

And yes, Im suprised they pick Morgan of all character. He is a special kind of character and I kinda like the Morgan 3.0 this season but damn, he is just not some throw away. He is a legacy from season 1! Abraham would be more logical, even Rosita. Hell the whole Madison is Magna would be more interesting. The other insane ideas was Nick as the leader of the Whisperers and such. I mean, if they go east, what stops them from going further east and suddenly Madison and Strand will show up with Nick, Alicia and Daniel (if these last three don't run out of luck around the other two!) and a comet will strike Alexandria. How it usually goes with Madistrand.

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Well if you can trust the article in front of this forum it seems my guesses are correct somehow and this will be Morgan Back Story and not some silly time jump after all?

Also they are saying pretty emphatically that Morgans demise and his appearance on FTWD are not related at all and obviously he survives FTWD to be in Alexandria in the first place.

This suggests to me of course that his days may be numbered,who can trust TWD interviews really?

12. Sully

Sully Active Member

Nick being the leader of the whisperers would be awesome.

The antagonists of TWD always claim that if the show started from their point of view they would be the heros and Rick's group would be the bad guys. They finally have the chance to do that. To introduce an antagonist group that we saw from the beginning.

Having Madison and Nick clash with Rick's group in some way would be a great story arch.

13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I could possibly see a clash where Ricks gang becomes the elite and Rick is a Ricktator while Madison and Nick with friends have to move east because of anything? Maybe Mexican army pushing in to take back "North Mexico" or a plague or whatevewr weird scenario to get em moving. Or simply make it "Lets look at the capital, maybe it survived?"

14. batongal

batongal Active Member

It seemed to me that Lennie James was not too pleased about this crossover. He came across as perturbed on Talking Dead. Unless he's just going to miss TWD cast. He couldn't even get the name of the show right. Fear of the walking dead lol.

15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes, he was sad. Melissa was sad, too. Their sadnesses reverberated off of each other. But Chris did emphatically quote the Gimple statement: Even though Morgan is going to be featured on FTWD, he has a lot of story left on TWD. There's also the whole rest of Season 8 to look forward to of TWD, as well. Morgan's arc on TWD Season 8 positioned him for the story on Fear.

Best part of Talking Dead was when Lennie pointed out that because he was standing in front of a capitol building it looked like he was announcing a coup. :D

#55 Lindigo, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Lennie did seem pretty unenthusiastic during his talking dead interview. I think part of that may have been just because he had to go immediately from one show to another. I'm sure they like having a couple months off after getting done with a season.

It's not like he would have been forced to do this anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Posted this in the other thread but wanted to put it here as well.

According to this excerpt from an article on the forums front page it's seems just a ratings grab and also seems that we are all wrong and @EZD is correct about a flashback....

When we last saw the characters in Fear they were on their way to Houston, Texas, which is closer to the locations from the original series than LA and Mexico were. The odds that they would run into someone from that series have increased, and showrunner Scott Gimple confirmed it last night during Talking Dead: One character from TWD will visit FTWD for an episode.

If you didn’t already guess due to the splash image, it’s Morgan, one of the show’s longest surviving characters. He first met Rick back in the pilot episode and has reappearedperiodically since then, sometimes on a pacifist mission of peace, sometimes less so. Since FTWD takes place before TWD, we will get an earlier version of him, possibly when he still had his kid — we don’t knowall the details.

Despite being a prequel, Gimple says what Morgan goes through this season will be a reflection on what he goes through in his upcoming FTWD appearance. “Morgan’s arc on The Walking Dead season 8 positioned him for the story on Fear,” he stated last night on Talking Dead. “It was also important to see Fear’s world and characters through new yet familiar eyes.”

18. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I don't know anymore. I don't know how reliable that article is. There is a lot of speculation and misinformation going around. We just have to wait and see.

19. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Maybe Proctor goes to Texas and then travels to Georgia, either to check out the CDC or to get his brother out of the prison he was in. Which of course was The Prison. And that puts them in Morgan's back yard. Maybe they still will have the means to travel and Morgan won't have to leave Georgia. Maybe Proctor travels to Georgia in search of the last of the Goo Goo Clusters? Oh, Oh I know! Proctor heard about the great med center at Grady and that makes him head for Atlanta, where they run into Morgan.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

You said GRADY!!!!! Which sad to say is paling in comparison to the garbage dump people. So i have a GREAT idea. Let the rogue cops go and grab Jadis and put her in a nice little white jacket with buckles in the back and they can bring back the Grady storyline by having her in a padded room with the most important thing EVER. A ****en muzzle.