Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Crossover Character

Discussion in 'Episode 806 - The King, the Widow, and Rick' started by Terminator, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I hope they don’t run into any of the people from Terminus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I don't understand why everyone thinks the limiting factor is getting the timelines to work. If Morgan secures a helicopter or airplane, it's only about a 3-4 hour flight max to Texas. he can literally go there and back within a day and they could make it work. The trick is getting the right vehicle and re-fueling written into the story in a smooth and believable manner, the timeline is completely a non factor.

Even in a car, you can drive to texas from Atlanta in what, like 1.5 days? I'm really confused why timeline matters even a little bit. All they have to do is write it so that morgan gets lucky and doesn't run into any hordes. And they just have to write him a reason to go. So far in 8 seasons characters have gotten way luckier than this (The odds negan is saved by a bat when geting shot is lower than the odds morgan can safely drive to texas)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

See I read Kirkman's words to mean what Morgan does in TWD s8 will set up what he does on ftwd, as if he leaves Alexandria because of the events of all out war and travels to Texas. And his story not being over as to say he continues on, just not with Rick.

I mean what could we really learn about Morgan from his past, that we already don't know? Father and husband watched his wife die, then kill his son. He flipped out and tried to eliminate everybody, met a man who helped him recover, went to find Rick.

I always felt a "flash back" would be silly, even when I assumed it was going to be Abe. There would be no real drama because he obviously wouldn't die.

It would be interesting if it was a character we really didn't know a lot about, like Abe. But Morgan has been dissected over and over again. There really isn't much more of his back story they can tell.

• Like Like x 1
  4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I am just baffled by your interpretation?

Of course there is back story we know nothing about for Morgan and I still can not understand anyones thoughts that a time jump or TWD current timeline is what this will be about,this article states this clearly I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I see your point and can see where people would interpret Gimple's comments to mean it's a flashback. But, I also see how it could be interpreted the other way, where Morgan's story "continues" on ftwd.

I just don't see it clearly, one way or another. And I have a difficult time finding a period in Morgan's life between s1e1 and his arrival at Alexandria that would be interesting enough to re-visit.

Assuming it's a flashback and ftwd keeps it's current timeline. There are only two versions of Morgan we could get. "Clear" Morgan or "Akido" Morgan. We have seen both, there is nothing to develop with his character there.

I came up with only one version of Morgan that could fit in that time line and would be interesting.

Duane dies within a few days of Rick leaving. Morgan tries to contact Rick but gets no answer, so alone he heads out and makes his way to Texas (or wherever the Clarks end up). During the trip he starts to lose his mind. He gets mixed up with the characters from FTWD as they battle Proctor John. He witnesses many people die on both sides, forms a bond with one of the characters who dies during the "war" with Proctor John. After the dust settles, a few months later, he starts to become "clear" Morgan. Tired of people dying, tired of surviving, he decides that he must return to where his Wife killed his son because he needs to "clear" that area as some sort of mission to fix things. So he returns to King County where he finds the houses burnt down and takes up residence in the local apartment and begins to clear.

That would work and could be interesting. Seeing Morgan become "clear" Morgan. It would explain some of the things he says to Rick. He realizes that Rick needs the guns for a fight, he doesn't want anybody around him. Re-watch his scenes with Rick in the apartment from that perspective and it could be interesting to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

and nothing else on?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

unless Proctors people make it to Terminus and are the ones that turned them into cannibals.

• Winner Winner x 1