Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Crystal Bottlng Works

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Days Gone Bye' started by Neuropyramidal, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I never noticed it before, but when Morgan is looking at pictures of his wife, shortly before he fails to shoot her, in the background a box can be seen, with the inscription Crystal Bottling Works, Erie, PA. I know that place, and its only 45 minutes away from me. Last place I would ever have guessed would show up in TWD. Its a tiny little business in a run down residential neighborhood. I just happened to know it, because about 85 years ago I had a friend who lived not far from it. Small world. ;)

[​IMG]

2. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

I find that as I drive around my little town and the larger city just down the road I see so many places that would serve well as locations for TWD. My hubbie thinks I'm nuts. Oh well. He's probably right about that...

3. Neuropyramidal

I don't think about places I come across so much as TWD filming locations, but rather places that might be worthy of fortification if a ZA really happened. :p. I had to travel out of town for a work conference a couple weeks ago, and it was on the 9th floor of a building. I was actually walking down the halls, and looking out the windows, thinking things like "yeah, we could knock this flight of stairs out, weld this set of doors shut here, we could see a horde approaching from probably 3 miles away..."

4. frawniemae

I know exactly what you mean [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] ! There's a fairly new juvenile detention center not too far from here that is sitting empty with several buildings and strong fences and all still standing. It's not out in the middle of the woods but would serve well as a safe zone! I've even made note of businesses and neighborhoods nearby that may have food, weapons, etc needed for survival. I'm always checking for emergency exits any where I go. I should also mention I live about a mile away from a HUGE Mormon community and you know they stockpile! Should we make a plan to meet up in case of a ZA? ;)

5. Neuropyramidal

Of course, but I've already picked out the building I will be fortified in, so I'm afraid you would have to do the travelling. :p. I'd be fortifying while you were on your journey. If there's ever a ZA, I'll private message a select group of about 15 or so people from the forum that I would trust, and give you all an address. Anyone who shows up in the ZA claiming to be from the forum gets the benefit of the doubt, and is accepted. ;).

6. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

RIP everyone.

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

You know how these things go. There's always one traitor, or a well meaning type that will spread the word.

So, the rest of us will see you too....with our tank.

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I like the Mormons for that, they are supposed to keep a year's worth of food /clothing/ supplies stored for emergencies. It's a good thing to be self reliant, as long as you rotate your stock so that food doesn't get wasted. The ones I know are also big believers in firearms, so they'll have a chance of keeping their hoards if disaster does break out.

9. frawniemae

I'm in! (But you best do it at the first sign of an impending ZA! Dont want to get caught unnotified!) It gets cold enough where you live that the walkers/zombies will freeze and be easy to brain during a cold snap (what will we call them? I'll leave that up to you). ;)

10. frawniemae

True that about firearms. But I have quite a few friends from their community so hopefully they"ll share!

11. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

Who's part of the 15 so I know who to suck up to?

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

With that eye-catching signage and curb appeal, I don't understand how they are not featured in more television shows and even movies.

13. Neuropyramidal

"What can we do to stand out in the business market today?"

"Let's buy a large boring box and put a garage door on it, with a tiny sign that doesn't really explain our purpose"

"Excellent. Location?"

"Lower middle class residential area"

"I like the way you think. And for the door?"

"Solid brown. No logo or window. The kind of door that people are not really certain they should knock on or open. Most people will hesitate, and then walk around to the side of the building, thinking maybe the real main entrance is over there somewhere"

"Nothing will stop us now".

#13 Neuropyramidal, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  14. Neuropyramidal

You are one of the 15, don't worry.

15. VickGrimes

Your plan is flawed. You already said you'd give anybody who said they were from the forum the benefit of the doubt, so maybe we'd just arrive separately :p

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The plan isn't flawed for him. He's only inviting 15 women.

17. VickGrimes

Haha, touché, you're probably right!

18. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Why do I have a feeling that all 15 of these people will be pretty women?

19. VickGrimes

And my husband, wearing a wig.

20. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]