Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts Multiplayer Current state of Ghosts community

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by kofter128, May 5, 2015.

1. kofter128

kofter128 New Member

Hey guys.
    I'm thinking of getting COD Ghosts purely for the multiplayer, and I need to ask how's the community these days. Are there a lot of people still playing this game with Advanced Warfare having been released for some time now? The last COD game I bought is Black Ops, and I'm afraid the playerbase there has died, at least in Europe so I decided to try one of the latest games.

2. Necrotica

Necrotica New Member

Yeah, I definitely recommend Ghosts primarily for the multiplayer as the campaign is not especially strong. The player base has died out a bit, but I think it's mainly because a lot of the fan base didn't like the game quite as much as Advanced Warfare. Either way, the introduction of destructible terrain was a great addition to the series and I thought of the Squads mode as really fun.

3. Lonepotato

Lonepotato New Member

I'd buy it. I still don't have a core group of people to play with. However I am not on a lot. Some games are quite than others and yes it has died a little. But the multiplayer is still stronger than most other games. I imagine you can get the game pretty cheap used right now too. I think it's worth picking up.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I wouldn't really buy it at this point, really. The community is really, really dead. I haven't seen a game die this quickly since Brink, and that should tell you a lot. Also, the campaign is pretty mediocre - I always seemed disconnected emotionally from the characters, and I didn't feel a thing when

5. AFKATafcar codf

The community isn't in good shape, that's for sure.

6. acfman17

acfman17 New Member

The game is dead (at least on PC) and the multiplayer is pretty terrible compared to Black Ops imo. I'd just pick up MW3 or AW used if you are looking for a new game (or just wait for BO3)

7. ghostlyfear

ghostlyfear Member

Agree, you can't find anyone on PC to play with basically. Not worth even opening the game at the moment.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

I'd wait for BO3 if I were you, the game isn't really played anymore (at least on the PC) so you won't be able to enjoy the multiplayer part of Ghosts. It died out pretty quick.

9. muffinman19981998

muffinman19981998 New Member

I agree with the others. It is a good game, but I'd wait for another COD to come out that you think you'd enjoy more. BO3 anyone? Haha.

10. HuskyGlazier

HuskyGlazier New Member

I'm reviving this topic because I have the same question. Do people still play this game in the United States on PS4? I would like to try this game just to further my collection, and the game is dirt cheap on Ebay right now. But, I dislike campaigns and I don't want to waste $10 to just to be unable to play a match.

11. Respawn

Respawn New Member

The multiplayer is pretty dead, that's just the reality of it. I don't think getting Ghosts solely for the multiplayer is a good idea. You might end getting pretty frustrated waiting for matches.

12. HuskyGlazier

HuskyGlazier New Member

I guess that's why it's dirt cheap. I would really find it a waste of 5-10$ to never be able to find a match. That would be a disappointment because I wanted to experience Ghosts in a true experience.
    On another note, does Ghosts have local splitscreen?

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Not sure of the local splitscreen but yes, if you're looking to play Ghosts multiplayer then you're out of luck. The 5-10$ is not worth it for that sole purpose, I suggest you wait for the sequel.

14. Armando

Armando Member

No, but BO3 does! If you want splitscreen, consider buying it. I think it's on PC too (the feature I mean). This is an amazing thing and more games should do that.

15. HuskyGlazier

HuskyGlazier New Member

Yeah Advanced Warfare also had splitscreen and some of my friends had loads of fun always trying to do 1v1 knife battles, crossbow battles, RW1 battles, etc. while in the same room. That's why I asked if Ghosts had that feature because I wanted to experience some of those features on a different game. It's good that Black Ops 3 has it though so that we can replicate the experiences there. I still hope it has some good party weapons that make for good experiences.

16. Gombafej

Gombafej New Member

I hate how Ghosts doesn't have split screen. I believe it is partly the reason so many people dislike it.

17. FenWoFon

FenWoFon New Member

I rally like ghost because of its multyplayer, the campaign was not the best thing ever, however I still play the multiplayer and it is quite active yet when there are more and beter COD games.