Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Curse of Chucky

Discussion in 'Horror Discussion' started by JimmyBones, Jul 23, 2013.

1. klownz

klownz Member

I regret watching the new trailer since it is packed with spoilers!

2. Sophia/MadisonFan1

Some people already saw this movie last night at that premier in Montreal, Canada. I sent a message to some of them and gave me these spoilers for the movie. If you want to read the spoilers, click it. If you avoid the spoilers, don't click it.

*******(SPOILER ALERT)*******

#22 Sophia/MadisonFan1, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  3. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

thanks!

4. Sophia/MadisonFan1

Someone tells me this fake spoilers. Some people who attended the premier in Montreal. Someone leaked the real spoilers.

Real spoilers:

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

The CHILD'S PLAY(This "Chucky" title nonsense irritates me) movies ended with Child's Play 3. Even the third entry was pushing it, but everything beyond that should be forgotten.

6. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

the third was award winning in comparison to bride and seed
    i hate chuck as a stand up comic

7. Sophia/MadisonFan1

8. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

IGN reviews
    and its not a great one..

9. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

i seen the last night..i have to say, it wasn't as TERRIBLE as i imagined. it was kinda fun.
    there were moments that re-captured old chucky, and the ending was a nice plot twist.
    didn't attempt or try to attempt the first, but its easily better than the last one.(not saying much)

10. Sophia/MadisonFan1

I finished watching this movie online since it was released on Sept 24. I think the movie was good. I gave it a 7/10. I enjoyed it.

It's clear that this movie is set after "Seed of Chucky". Last August at the Premier in Montreal and London, Don Mancini officially confirmed it was after Seed. There are some flashbacks in this movie which takes place before the original Child's Play. The events of Seed, this movie confirms itself that Chucky himself mentions he has met the Barclays family in the first three Child's Play movies, the Kincaids family (as in Jade and her police officer uncle Warren) in "Bride" and the Tillys family (Jennifer Tilly/Tiffany, Glen, Glenda) in "Seed". It explains Chucky was sent by Tiffany, who fixed him, and he wanted to finish a "job" that he started 25 years earlier. BEFORE he was gunned down. BEFORE he met Andy. BEFORE these chain of events occurred. This movie itself they state it has been 25 years since 1988, Child's Play 3 and Bride both took place in 1998 and Seed took place 2004.

How does Chucky come back to be alive in the beginning?

Does Chucky have blood?

Some flashbacks.

Jennifer Tilly has a cameo appearance.

The original Andy is in (The original Alex Vincent played Andy in the first and second movie) post-credits scene.

The ending and the six months of the post credit scene confuse me.

According to Don Mancini saying in an interview that if there is a sequel (so if you pay for this on DVD/Blu-ray), the story will set during the 6 months we didn't see so it will explain everything.

Fiona Dourif did an amazing job of portraying her character Nica! She becomes my favorite character of the Chucky films. Karen, Norris, the original Andy and Kyle are my absolute favorite characters in the Child's Play series.

I'm going to buy it on the DVD + Blu-ray combo in October 8th.

#30 Sophia/MadisonFan1, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  11. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

The ending was definitely the best part.

12. Gaycandybacon

I didn't mind the Bride of Chucky. Seed of chucky, that was just trying to be pure comedy. Childs play 3 though was my favorite. It had a good story. All the originals did. I guess they wanted to "push" the brand name chucky out there more.

13. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

"Bride" wasn't?!? That movie is pure crap. There is CP 1-3. That's it, IMO.

14. Gaycandybacon

BUT IT WAS SO rooooooooooomantic!

15. Sophia/MadisonFan1

Most people dislike the romance in the Chucky movies. Bride of Chucky was not the best in the series. I don't like that this one and Seed were pretty much straightforward comedies. Of course Seed was horrible for a number of other reasons too though.

The first three are much better though. The first one is the best in the series, but Child's Play 2 is my personal favorite of the series. The way he should be and it's a classic horror film.

16. cpump

cpump Member

Havent got a chance to see it yet but my sister said it takes place
    after the 3rd Childs play

17. Sophia/MadisonFan1

Your sister is very wrong. All I'm going to say is buy the movie, watch it and you will realize that this movie takes place after Seed of Chucky. People were all lied to from the sources that said it is after Child's Play 3. They are called fan edited sites. You can't get real into from IGN or Wikipedia because they are fan edited sites. Anybody can edited false statements at IGN and Wikipedia. It's on IMDb said that the movie takes place after the events of Seed of Chucky.

Chucky specifically mentions the events of Child's Play trilogy, Bride and Seed. When he's running through the list of people he's gone after he mentions the Barclays from Child's Play trilogy, the Kincaids from Bride and the Tillys from Seed. Not to mention the reveal of the scars (which were introduced in Bride). It's not a reboot. It doesn't pick and choose which films are still in continuity.

It's a sequel. Period. Everyone's making this way too complicated. It takes place a few years after Seed. Mancini has said this several times.

18. cpump

cpump Member

I usually go to imdb but just bought the movie today liked it
    post credits scene was cool

19. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but imdb is just like those other sites you mentioned. Can't be fully trusted.

20. Beantown Bitch

Beantown Bitch New Member

I saw it , didn't really care for it. Didn't like the ending. Didn't like how they changed his look. There were some good kills but nahhh...shitty for the most part..

Life sucks, then you die and bleed to death like a stuck pig!