Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Custom Legos

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Collectibles' started by kennyisalive94, Feb 18, 2014.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Hello all. I bought 3 sets of decal stickers from TWD. They were $5.25 each and each had about 30 sticker heads and bodies from TWD. I bought them from the user birdmans_bricks (check them out here http://www.ebay.com/usr/birdmans_bricks?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2754)

For those of you who might not know what lego decals, they're custom made stickers for lego faces, bodies, etc made for specific lego figures. With these you can cut them out and place them on your lego heads and what not. I've made 7 so far and am going to make more, but these are the ones I have so far.

[​IMG]
    From left to right: Carol, Andrea, Rick, Carl, Lori, Glenn and Prison Zombie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have more stickers for most of the other characters and will post pics of those later. And I'm shopping ebay for hairs and bodies to match the stickers, but if anyone would like to kindly donate them to me (which I know is silly but I wanted to ask lol) - like hairs, bodies, flesh hands/heads, I would greatly appreciated it. I'll pm you my address and we can talk about further, but be warned, all lego hairs are going at like $4 a piece right now on ebay, so I don't want you to get ripped off. :/

Still, I would find some way to repay the favor. Maybe a few reputation points, something that wouldn't get me in trouble lol. But for now, hope you enjoyed the figures. More will be coming soon. :)

2. JACKxRAWR

JACKxRAWR New Member

Bricklink is the site to go to for lego pieces. They have every lego piece ever produced listed on their site, and people put up listings of what they have similar to eBay, but lego specific.

I've actually just finished working on my custom lego Shane from S2 of the TV series, so I'll try and get some photos soon.

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Very cool, I'll have to show my kids these..

Are the stickers vinyl decals?

I have two cutting machines, a large industrial one for signage work & a small silhouette cameo for more intricate cutting.

I may be able to cut the stickers for you..

#3 H5N1, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  4. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for posting. I just ordered a set. I guess I'll be raiding my son's Lego bin.

5. JaimieS

JaimieS New Member

So that's how they are done. I always wondered how are those faces made.

Did you know that you can make your very own decals? There are many easy to use tabletop machines that can create the designs that you want.

You don't have to wait to somebody make it for you or face shipping delays. For your needs the investment wouldn't be big. As i mentioned desktop machines are small and affordable probably in the range of a few hundred.

There are many brands out there and if I had to pick one my vote would go on cameo. It's a well established brand with a solid track record. The fact is that there are hard to find good reviews. Finally I've managed to track one down. On this blog Silhouette Cameo is compared with another sibling of his.

If you ever wanted to know machine shortcomings this blogger covers it all. It helps you make the best buying decision possible.