Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Cyndie's Map

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 28, 2016.

1. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Do you realize how far they would have to travel if they went from ASZ to crossing the conowingo dam (I live 15 minutes from the dam) and finding your way to the ocean in delaware? That's a 4-5 hour drive in today's world. I seriously doubt that Heath and Tara ventured that far from home, or that they would run into a group that had previously been under Negan's control. It is clear they are setting this community up to join the fight against the saviors and this kind of distance would make that unlikely. I do argue that it could be smart to venture through Cecil County (where the dam is) given their low population and high gun ownership. As far as the waves go, I am not that familiar with the Potomac. I live on the Upper bay and although the rivers up here can get rough, it is not the same kind of crashing sound that was featured on the show. The Potomac could obviously be different in nature especially with it's proximity to the ocean compared to us

2. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

You mean 4-5 hours from ASZ to Delaware beaches right? I agree about the distance being a bit far but that Bay just keeps getting in the way. They keep showing small bridges blocked with cars. Can you imagine the parking lot of the bay bridge? lol. I had to go up near Trenton several times this summer, that's why I thought of it. Went across conowingo to avoid tolls on 3 axle trailer. Time difference wasn't noticeable compared to the big roads. About 3-3 1/2 hours. I'm about a half hour SW of waldorf. No way I would risk the tunnels around Norfolk without watching for a couple days.The upper bay has a lot more protection. I've been caught on the lower potomac in 6-8' seas once and 3-5' isn't uncommon.
    They'll most likely gloss over it like the river and bay don't exist. Just like if ASZ is anywhere near Alexandria. Anybody that is near the river and is low on food deserves to starve to death. Not to mention Alexandria is city and doesn't turn rural like they show for miles. In my head I had ASZ near Fredericksburg or in the northern neck of Va. and Hill Top out near Winchester. I also thought Frederick area but that pesky river got in my way.

3. BlackLightning

[MENTION=118322]RU3evil[/MENTION] [MENTION=4540]bula412[/MENTION]

Actually guys, I think Alexandria is closer to Springfield, Burke, Annandale, Fort Belvoir or even Mount Vernon than it is closer to the city of Alexandria. Alexandria is too urban. Those other places - especially Burke and Springfield - are more forested. However, the safe zone is close enough to the city to plausibly be named after it.

There's no way ASZ is in Fredericksburg. Because remember that Abraham and Rosita were able to see the Washington Monument from the road. 5x09 they were in the greater Richmond area. In 5x10 they were walking up to D.C. and Sasha said they were 60 miles away. Aaron led them farther north in the next episode.

I'm pretty sure Tara and Heath are in Maryland around Aberdeen, Edgewood and Joppa. Up at the northern end of the Chesapeake.

Winchester area sounds good for Hilltop but I might suggest putting it a little closer to Warrenton. I'd put the Kingdom in Maryland somewhere near Suitland and Clinton.

4. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

I forgot about that in the bold part. I was thinking burke/springfield area also. I was actually thinking between burke and fredericksburg. Anywhere just on outside the edge of the suburbs. I believe Kirkman said ASZ wasn't actually in Alexandria on TWD.

For Hill Top I could go with just west of Warrenton (was actually what I thinking by near Winchester). I was going by the topography they keep showing around Hill Top. It would be getting into the foothills of the Shenandoah's. I like South of Winchester better because the hills are closer to NoVa. And a lot of backroads without getting on 66.

For Tara and Heath I like further south because of having to go around DC,Annapolis,Baltimore,etc. without finding anything of use. But we are talking about a group of people that couldn't find water in Va. Just being snarky towards Gimple there. I guess the Saviors /Kingdom could have cleared a few bridges across the river.

5. bula412

Yes, 4-5 to Delaware beaches. We never see 6-8 ft swells up this way. 3-5 max and it has to be really windy

6. bula412

You think they are all the way up in Harford County? Although this would be a great place to look for medicine and ammo (I'm sure there are still some guns at APG), I still think that they will eventually try to get this Oceanside community involved in the Savior war and I just think that is a little far from DC to fight the Saviors. Maybe I'm wrong and they won't see Oceanside again until after AOW?

7. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

Bula , I am with you on the survivors trying to get oceanside to join in all out war. But it could go either way. I would think they would go as far as they could to get away from the saviors. We can only speculate as to what they know about the saviors. We know they think there is a lot of them and they can't be stopped. They have plenty of vehicles and seem to piss gas and diesel.

I had been basing some of my distances on when they met Aaron and Eric. I think Aaron said they had been working in circles out from ASZ and had made it about 50 or 60 miles (can't remember) without finding any other communities.I may rewatch that one just to see what was said. That was when I expected some mention of the river and whether any bridges were crossable.They may have and I don't remember.