Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dale finally confronts Shane.

Discussion in 'Episode 206 - Secrets' started by Monster, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Monster

Monster Member

About time! But who do you support here?

Dale is obviously outraged by Shane spending so much time "out" with Andrea. He brings up some good points about Shane pretty much turning into a complete psychopath.

One thing I must point out, this was kind of stupid on Dale's part, even though I support it, I feel Shane will find a way to retaliate against Dale somehow.

I think this is bound to start something big between the two.

2. BloodLustKitty80

Dale was super pissed that Shane got some Andrea cookies when he cant even sniff the jar lmao it was so obvious that they had got it in though

3. Julia Ds

Julia Ds Member

Dale's infatuation with Andrea just creeps me out, i think it creeps her character out too. Definitely spoke without thinking things through. jealousy will do that. Shane was great in that scene. That actor is brilliant, hope his character sticks around to complicate things further.

4. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

I don't think Dale looks at Andrea in that regard at all. I think he sees her more of a daughter. Dale has had suspicions of Shane ever since he caught him with Rick in his gun site.

Dale on the other hand needs to kind of butt out of everyone's business a bit...I know his intentions are good but sometimes things just need to be left alone. Confronting Shane was an iffy call...Shane needs to know that someone "knows" but I don't think Shane has gotten to the point where he will kill anyone in his own group yet.

5. BloodLustKitty80

Yeh but wasnt the insinuation of doin something to Dale sexy on Shanes part? I thought so. He said it with such passion infused with a slight rage and psychotic disregard for how Dale felt about the threat woooo shivers down my spine! #TEAMSHANE

6. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

Shane's character is one of the reasons this show is so good. He's unpredictable, he's emotional, he's selfish...but at the same time, I don't think for a second he would hesitate to throw his life on the line for Rick or a number of other people in the camp.

Do I think he'll always be like that? No.

No I don't.

I feel like Shane is about to break very soon, although I have to admit, I hope he doesn't. His character is actually a lot more interesting to me than the Comic version of Shane ever was. Granted, TV Shane has had a lot more time to show us who he is, and what he can be, but his character is extremely complex...and the best reason to watch The Walking Dead right now, in my opinion. Loved this scene between Dale and Shane.

7. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I felt it was time Dale said something to Shane about what happened in the woods between him and Rick. Everything that happens comes out eventually. I was worried about Dale though after that confrontation. It just needed to be said by someone how unhinged Shane has become.

8. Jamesdster

Jamesdster Member

The Shane - Dale confrontation was one of the best scenes yet in the series. The scared shitless look in Dale's eyes when Shane told him to imagine what he was capable of doing to someone he doesn't like was priceless.

9. buffy861

buffy861 Member

Can I just first say, that Jeffrey (as Dale) makes the best facial expressions ever. Anyways, man, that was pretty freakin' ballsy of Dale. Dale's kind of a watcher. He sees these things going on with the members of the group, and he's obviously watched Shane become unraveled right before his eyes. And, the fact that Shane was contemplating shooting his best friend doesn't help either. I've said this before, and I stand by it; Shane is a man of layers. He tries to be the practical one, going against his best friend, which is causing a definite skism, and at the same time, he's a broken man in a dark place, a place that's hard to come out of. And, at this time, with everything he's feeling, Shane's a ticking time bomb. (And, can I add, Jon Bernthal plays this timebomb perfectly) And, so then you have poor Dale confronting this time bomb, but with good reason. I think, unlike the comics, what Flesh Eater said, he sees Andrea more like a daughter. He's very protective and very fatherly, kind of controlling of her. He took away her gun, I don't see what's more fatherly than that, really. And the whole talking about witnessing of Shane contemplating shooting Rick was long overdue. It wasn't the best idea ever for Dale to confront Shane, but he was only trying to watch out for the group.

#9 buffy861, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  10. WalkingDead4Ever

11. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

#11 SavetheLast_1, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  12. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

I don't know what to make of Dale and Andrea on the show - it is another example of how good the writers are at keeping the TWD comic fans guessing. I don't even know if I am about to drop any spoilers, but if I am, they are minor ones. In the comics, Andrea and Dale become a couple very early on, just after Amy dies. Of course, in the comics, Shane is dead and Daryl doesn't exist, so her choices are much more limited, but she and Dale fell very much in love with each other. Because of this, I have interpreted Dale's interest in Andrea on the TV show (getting her out of the CDC, keeping her gun, getting mad at Shane) as being primarily romantic in nature. Looking at Dale's reaction to the Shane/Andrea thing from this perspective, Dale was both 1) concerned that Andrea was getting involved with a scumbag (he knows about Shane/Lori, he saw Shane aim at Rick, and you could see at Otis' funeral that Dale didn't buy Shane's story), and 2) jealous as hell of Shane for banging Andrea.

Of course, I might just be distorting what I've seen on the screen to fit what I saw in the comics. Shane being alive, Andrea being interested in him, and Daryl being around all make it hard to judge where the story is going. There is always the distinct possibility that the writers said "TV audiences won't buy pretty Andrea hooking up with hairy old Dale when there are young, attractive Daryls and Shanes to be had". It made more sense in the comics because Dale met Andrea and Amy before any of the others and they lived in the camper with him in the campsite (which started many rumors, none of them true until AFTER Amy died).

And before people start bitching about there being too many hookups and relationships and not enough realistic survival and zombie stuff, let me say this... There are LOTS of hookups in the comics, so the writers aren't changing the M.O. of the story at all by doing these storylines. Also, it isn't particularly unrealistic, either: I remember just after 9/11 here in NY, there were all these news stories and psychological studies about the waves of promiscuous sex that swept the city over the next several months. STD transmission rates went way up, personal ads for casual encounters increased, singles/ladies nights at bars were all packed - everyone wants to get laid when they are reminded of their own mortality.

13. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

If the world were ending (which it is in the show/comic books), people would be more inclined to have sex with people they might not know so well.

And that's a fact.

Being vulnerable, probably having suffered some kind of loss, and...well.....not getting any in quite some time....that would all add up. It's human nature, so I don't think they're over-exaggerating any of the relationships or hookups at all. In fact, I think they're keeping it pretty toned down. They could probably push it even more over the top if they really, really wanted too.

14. Lucky

Lucky Member

I was wondering when Dale would confront Shane. I enjoyed the scene a lot.

15. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I still think Shane will get killed in a way similar to the comic books...maybe that will be the way they end season 2...

16. Chickenwire. That's handy

I think the demographics of Dale and Andrea have played against them in terms of the television show. There's quite an age-gap which doesn't necessarily play well amongst certain audiences (which is a shame in my opinion) and which isn't an issue with the comic books. I have this funny feeling that should Dale and Andrea even kiss, it'd be like Kirk and Uhura kiss 45 years ago or so.

However, I do hope that the producers are brave in this. Killing off Shane now, and having Dale and Andrea get together would be a brave, brave move.

17. Nestler

Nestler Member

I hope so. Now that Carl has his own gun...

18. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

The Dale and Shane moment was a complete waste of time....or filler. Hell, I'm glad Shane and Andrea are getting it on, they make a good couple now that she's finally made her transformation. Shane has his place in this group for better or worse. Yes, he's ruthless but he does put his ass on the line for the core group.