Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dale's end was hardcore

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Judge, Jury, Executioner' started by RoadWarrior, Mar 4, 2012.

1. RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior Member

Dang, that's gotta be one of the worst ways to go. Have to take my hat off to the writers for not holding any punches. We've seen some pretty crazy stuff in this show. I wonder if they'd let Lori or Andrea get torn apart like that? Wouldn't shock me after Sofia...

2. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

I really think that tonight's episode was pretty interesting. My thought's about Carl have changed and he's begun to piss me off. Dale was far from my favorite character, however, he shouldn't have died at that second. I wish Carl would've warned the group.

3. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Yeah that was a horrible way to go, for a minute there I thought he would be saved. Then again, he shouldn't have been walking in a field!!! lol

Carl is acting like a bonehead lately, but then again he is a kid.

4. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Carl is probably pissed that he is treated like a kid and wants to be grown up and do some real work . And man, as annoying and right Dale can be, I feel really sad that he died like that. His death was probably a message to tell the group that they should keep their humanity and dispose Randall in some way without killing him.

5. Syphon

Syphon Member

^ I was thinking that, too, Greek. A sort of reminder to the value of a human life. Dale was a necessary sacrifice for that message to be sent. A beautiful episode =]

6. Navygunz75

Navygunz75 Member

Or you can look at the other side. Carl let the walker go by playing around and got in a bind and didn't warn anyone. The walker came back to kill Dale. Of course at this point noone but Carl knows about his encounter, but I'm sure it will come out.

So they may think twice about letting the kid go, for fear of it coming back to haunt them.

Definitely a few different way this could be looked at it. IMO, if it were up to me, Randall would already be decomposing.

7. Cyn

Cyn New Member

Dale we hardly knew ye.

The hell with the GN's storyline, Dale is not eye candy and Shane is, so who lives and who dies next according to the new script? Dale was the soul of the group, so sad to see him killed off so soon.

8. RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior Member

I wonder if they'd have a walker eat the baby out of Lori? Kind of out there, but this was the first thing that came to mind when I saw Dale's death. strangely.

9. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i think Dales death was the best so far. i really thought there was about to be a zombie cow. that would be some funny shit

10. wingzer0

wingzer0 New Member

Dale's death was some awesome stuff. If I were him, Id probably give the zombie a huge headbutt. RIP Dale.

11. boutte

boutte Active Member

Glad he got to go out with style.

12. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

AHHH my thanks button isnt working...
    Why don't partially eaten animals turn?

13. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

dale got fk RODED damn

14. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

In most zombie books/shows/movies animals just die from the disease and dont come back as zombies. Im hopeing its like that in TWD too

15. JFB_JP

JFB_JP Member

Dale's death was definitely brutal. As for Carl's behavior, he was really getting on my nerves, but you also have to consider 1) he's a kid and kids act out 2) he's had to deal with a lot of stuff, which is hard enough to handle when you're an adult and have a better grasp on things

16. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

That's what happens when you piss off AMC asking to be released from the show lol

17. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

So, early on this season when Andrea scolded Dale concerning their lack-of-relationship that "Things were different now Dale!" I was correct to take that as a literal departure from the comics. ;)

18. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Personally, the message I got from Dale's death was don't go mucking around a pasture at night during a zombie apocalypse.

19. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I think he might pull back a little now. He knows he should have said something about the zombie. I am not saying Dale wouldn't be dead if he did, but a kid thinks like that. Maybe at least for a while he'll be a little bit less blood thirsty when it comes to killing humans.

20. WalkerWinner209

WalkerWinner209 New Member

Dale's death was a surprise. His conversation/confrontation with Shane I took as his reclaiming the 'voice' role from the comics and possibly pushing him toward Andrea and their hookups from the comics. The Zombie in the mud had been there for awhile and had been seen by someone else. I think Rick and Daryl saw him when they were looking for Sophia. Daryl said something like, 'Why waste the ammo, he aint goin no where.' Another thing this walker though not in a chase was standing and moving. Most walkers when there isn't visible food are sitting and still. So when Carl comes by I think he just amped up his movements, hence why he got loose. YES Carl should've put a bullet in him! When he didn't I knew he wouldn't tell anyone, because then he would have to admit: 1) he went off by himself too far, 2) he was playing with a gun, & 3) he was toying with a walker. There's no way he would tell. When he saw Dale, his reaction shows he knew what he had done. His running to his mom was an 'I'm sorry for what I did!' not 'That's terrible he's dead'.

Lastly - I noticed that C-Dog had no lines this episode, what's up with that! Rick shouts 'C-Dog get a shotgun!' He's in the room for the discussion about Randall but no lines. Is C-Dog being sidelined? or are we about to see a big C-Dog episode?