Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Damn Daryl! (Daryl Vs. Fat Joey)

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by Deadpool, Dec 12, 2016.

1. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

I think Daryl knew this could be his last chance and nothing was stopping him. Fat Joey was one more thing in his way. If Daryl just knocked him out it could cause more problems later so I could see why he'd beat him down and the cherry on top was getting Rick's gun back.

2. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

I don't think that Koey deserved this. While I partly understand why Daryl did it - having been tormented and humiliated for so long, plus he must see the Saviours as pure evil due to several reasons - I think it was obvious that Joey did not even try to threaten Daryl.
    Whether or not there were bullets in his gun, we just can't know. And what's more, Daryl couldn't have known.
    Had Joey pulled the gun and threatened Daryl, Daryl would have had to back off. He had no reason whatsoever to assume that the gun might be empty.
    Joey lifting his arms and wanting to let Daryl go was a gesture of peace, and to me it seems that he really meant it. Maybe he was even relieved that Daryl had a chance to escape. Joey didn't seem to be very fond of Negan. But, who knows...

To say that Joey deserved it because he had Daryl at gunpoint earlier and was part of his first attempt to escape would mean that Abraham and Glenn deserved to die because they killed the people at the outpost. Joey didn't kill Daryl and we don't know if he had killed anyone at all.

I agree that leaving Joey by knocking him out could have caused even more trouble. And we are in a position to think it over whereas Daryl had only seconds to estimate the situation, not to mention that he was in an exceptional situation and feared for his life.
    Yet, from my position as a viewer I think that Joey did not deserve it.

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Well you are a little thing that I like to call WRONG!

Kill every one of them that you can and smear dog food on the stump where the head used to be!

If they ARE negan,kill them it is not a judgement call at this point.

4. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Well, the show is full of moral dilemmas, and I say that this was one of them.
    Remember the guy who Dwight shot because he ran away and didn't want to go back to Negan but rather die?
    He was one of those who were not Negan, whether or not he said it when Negan asked. Joey might have been of them too.
    We don't know. No idea what the writers intended or if they had even anything in mind with Joey's point of view.

I suppose there are several people at the Sanctuary who play their part but would love to see Negan gone. Like Dwight, for example.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Not really.
    Joey was enthusiastically negan in every scene except that last one.
    He also had his head so far up negans ass that when negan burped Joey farted,don't you remember that scene?

Kill them all!
    Ponder it never!

6. Steppin' Razor

You definitely would NOT last in that kind of world haha...

7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The more I think about Daryl killing Joey, the more I think it had to do with Dwight.

Multiple times after Dwight stole his bike, Daryl spoke about regret for not killing him. He said it when he got back to Alexandria talking to Carol. He told Dwight directly after he killed Denise, which Dwight agreed with. And again when he went back into the woods looking for him.

I think when he came face to face with Joey he thought about what to do and remembered the last time he let someone go, people died. So he didn't want to make the same mistake twice, and killed him.

8. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I cant believe nobody remembers how much daryl got burned for letting Dwight live. His line at the end "nobody just gets by here" or along those lines was a direct reference to the backlash he got for letting Dwight go. He wasnt about to make same mistake. Dwights scrawny ass looked like even less of a threat last season than Fat Joey did this season.

9. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Daryl responded to what Joey said after he clubbed him, 'it not about getting by here, it's about getting it all'. Joey saying he was just trying to get by same as Daryl was the wrong thing to say to Daryl, and he paid the price. Joey bought into the savior's way of life and he died by it too.

10. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

This post-apocalyptic world is pretty much a kill or be killed world.

Joey did what he thought he could to get out of that situation, to no avail. Let's say Daryl DID let him live, we know Joey would've come back at him in some way, and it would have definitely involved Negan's bidding. Daryl knew this too. As [MENTION=18092]Spidey[/MENTION] so awesomely pointed out, Daryl let Dwight live and look how that ended up.

Yes, Daryl went violent on Joey, and I absolutely cannot blame him. After all he'd been through, every single ONE of those people had a hand in his torture, be it directly or indirectly. This show may be fictional, but those situations aren't, and suffering that kind of abuse takes a HUGE toll on someone.

JMHO.

11. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Joey was a dead man no matter what. It was his job to man the gate and Daryl got out with a motorcycle. There's no way that happens unless Joey failed in his duty one way or the other. Even if Daryl let Joey go, Negan would have killed him just for that.

12. AdamPH1974

AdamPH1974 Member

The first personal rule I have in TWD is never bring up Zombieland as we would all be cake.

13. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Awesome! I LOVE the crap out of cake!

14. AdamPH1974

AdamPH1974 Member

So did Fat Joey. I think went they said his other quality's I think they meant "Gorilla" tactics.