Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daniel Salazer

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Season 1' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The Hershel of FTWD?? ;)

2. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

The barber who redefined "take a little off the top"

3. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

he seems to get it

probably being a war-refugee from El Salvador is very helpful for the Zombie Apocalypse

anyway, i think he understands that the military showing up is not a good thing

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

He might be a barber but a much more hardcore person who is already down to the bone, a bad ass old man who knows his shit and no "Buhu! This is a human!"

5. Eternal

Eternal Member

I like Daniel, he's already one of my favorites.

6. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I don't think Daniel is any thing like Hershel. Hershel was philosophical and tried to appeal to your better nature, Daniel seems like the type who would slit your throat and watch you bleed without remorse if he thought you were any type of threat. He commented that Maddie and /or Travis were "weak" when Maddie didn't take Susan out. Hershel was a recovering alcoholic who lived a relatively peaceful life in rural Georgia as a country veterinarian - Daniel is an immigrant from a war torn, impoverished shit hole of a country who has probably done unspeakable things to the living to make it out of there.

7. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

so far my favourite character, he already understood the situation, like Maddy, but different from her he doesn't have any hesitation to kill a possibly menace.
    curious to see what will happen to change his mind, cause I presume he and his family will follow Travis and co., without him they're gonna die soon :D

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I love this character! Daniel and Tobias are the only two characters that I don't want to throw things at my TV when they appear..

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Daniel is proving to be a very interesting character. ;)

10. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

yes, at first, you feel horrible for the solider; it was difficult to watch

then you hear the government's plan to just leave and pull out the military which will either cause most of the remaining civilians to die and/or the military is just supposed to start killing people while they withdraw; then you agree with the torture (at least i did)

11. Heriot of Fire

Long live the Salazar's! (minus Grizelda, RIP)

Travis should definitely snuff it. He's gonna try and talk the Zombies out of their funny way of eating people next.

12. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Now even Daniel is brought low by a bad plot line. Interesting twist being a bad guy in El Savador but for me it came up too short on believability.

13. JameRose

JameRose Member

I try not to compare characters I.E. Maddie is Rick, Alicia is Beth and same for Hershel is Daniel. These are characters from the same universe and they are part of The Walking Dead. This to me would be the equivalent of saying Rick is Daryl. They are their own characters and the writers aren't trying to give us TWD counterparts because they are part of the same show when it boils down to it.

14. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Once a teacher, always a teacher.

15. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Daniel is nothing like Hershel, especially now after he's revealed his true nature. And because he doesn't consider himself a "good" person, I can see him surviving the apocalypse a lot longer than Travis, although I do believe he would sacrifice himself to save Ofelia if need be.
    Daniel is by far one of the most interesting characters next to Tobias and Strand. I look forward to see what he does in the finale.

16. Heriot of Fire

To be fair I got a few teacher mates and they'd be nowt like him.

17. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I am surprised that Daniel left Ofelia, though he may have planned to return, but it should be interesting to see what he does now. Since everyone was thrown a curve ball of the military pulling out, an excellent plot twist, what ever they might have planned doing will require a serious reset.

Ruben Blades has been really good in this role.

18. LMT

LMT Member

19. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

Daniel is the Pied Piper of mayhem.