Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daniel

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Shiva' started by Neuropyramidal, May 22, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Is he dead?

I'm remaining skeptical, but maybe.....probably.....maybe....anyone else???

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Yes. Gale Anne Herd was talking about Ofelia and said something about how losing both parents will effect her.

3. Neuropyramidal

yes, I saw that too....but i'm a skeptic by nature....so I'm still not sure....;)

4. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

[MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION]

I think Daniel is actually dead because he wanted to die. Wouldn't make sense for him to try and get out of the fire.

5. Neuropyramidal

You're probably right Shane. So just hold me. And while you're holding me, touch any parts you want.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I really hope he isn't dead I liked him a lot =[

7. BlackLightning

I don't think he's dead. Ofelia ​HAS lost both of her parents.​ But I don't think Daniel is dead.

If he is dead, he's one of Celia's minions as a zombie because I definitely don't believe she died.

8. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

9. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

10. Neuropyramidal

11. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

It doesn't look good for Daniel. It was ambiguous. Usually it's obvious when a main character dies.

12. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

Gale Herd said he will be back. Also he wasn't in the In Memoriam on Talking Dead.

13. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

There's no way they killed him off screen, he's been here since the first episode hasn't he? No way. Maybe Celia saved him

14. JFAN

JFAN Member

Hate to see that he was one of my favorite characters besides Strand.

15. Chaos

Chaos Member

So a good character is off the show for at least the

16. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

I think it will be Dumpster Daniel. He can't be dead - the scene isn't worthy of Reuben Blades. He would need to die in a way that would become the stuff of legend.... Like Captain Rhodes (Day of Dead) screaming "Choke on them!" while his guts are being eaten... Think about it - in the walking dead universe actors of Rueben Blade's caliber don't get "the redshirt treatment" Look how Dale and Andrea were killed off. Herschel Shane and Merle got killed TWICE on screen. Even little Brighton Sharbino got an iconic on-screen death thats become the stuff of memes and a colloquialism. Rueben Blades is arguably the biggest star ever to have appeared on anything in The Walking Dead universe.

Besides - it doesn't make sense that he would go out like that. For one thing - a suicide would leave Ofelia on her own, wounded, in the apocalypse. Secondly - Salazar REALLY believed that place was evil and needed to be destroyed, so why would he commit suicide there making it his final resting place. Third as revolted as he is by the walkers being "an affront to God" its only logical he would at all costs avoid becoming one. Its not like he set the fire, then said "God forgive me" and shot himself in the head.

Blades made a big thing on Talking Dead about how Salazar was a "black ops" person who "did a lot of things in a lot of countries" etc. Clearly he was laying the groundwork for the return... The backstory he spoke about with regard to Salazar's capabilities set an expectation for what hell do on his return.

17. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Daniel as an interesting character. I'm not sure he's dead. I as hoping to love this show.

18. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

They should have played "Daniel" by Elton John during that scene....:zombies_lol:

19. The Duck

The Duck New Member

I read an interview with the showrunner on Yahoo, and he all but confirms Daniel isn't dead and will return for season 3.

#19 The Duck, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  20. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

It sure looked like he died but you never know. They had one of the best characters on the show with him at first. They eventually made him far less interesting though. I still liked him and hoped he would be around a while.