Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daniel

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Shiva' started by Neuropyramidal, May 22, 2016.

1. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

This entire scene confused the heck out of me. Dream sequence? Poisoned and hallucinating? Psychotic break?

2. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Definitely a psychotic break. He was hearing the voice of his wife before they even got to Celia's compound. The showrunner said he is not dead and will return in season 3 so maybe we'll see the rest of the fire scene play out to see how he survives.

My random suspicions on Celia and Daniel are that in his vision at the end it was Celia who appeared as his wife. So when he set fire to the zombies in that room and it appeared that his wife walked up to him, it was actually Celia. Either she was zombified or still alive but either way she would naturally attack him and that would cause Daniel to snap out of it and decide to escape the fire.

#22 Adam Poole, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  3. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I liked Daniel... I mean come on who didn't? But I don't like the fake out deaths. It worked well with Merle but I think that was because it was a first for TWD. Ik different show different show runners; but come on it gets stale pretty quick.

4. Poppy

Poppy Member

Adam,
    I like how you think. :)

I also thought that in the final scene that his wife was likely Celia. I didn't give it as much thought as you, but what you said makes sense.

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I think we will see him as a crispy critter, looking for more Pazzoli.

6. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I really hope he's not, but it seems like it. He was standing right over that fire and he didn't seem to be making any efforts to leave. I get the impression that he was ready to die. He might still make a surprise reappearance though. We'll see.

If he's gone, then I'm disappointed. He was one of my favorite characters. Up until this point he's seemed to be the one who was most in control over their various situations.

7. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

You know what I think is awesome? I was disappointed when Griselda died, a little. But what they've done is continued with her story arc after she died. They padded out her character and made her interesting, to me anyway, even after she's dead. That was a first for twd, I believe, and its little things like this that make this show awesome, both twd and ftwd. Personally, Im such a fan that they can do almost no wrong in my eyes. Almost anything they do is forgivable to me! I really hope Daniel isnt dead, his character was one of the best. In fact, I like them all. So much freaking potential here with these characters imho.

8. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

Daniel was/is one of the more interesting characters on the show. IMO the writers completely wasted the character by having him suddenly go crazy and most likely kill himself.

9. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

He also released all the infected/walkers from that arena in Los Angeles, thereby creating the first walker swarm on the streets, so maybe he's just a bit of a shit disturber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Zombie_Penguin

In some weird twist, by daniel opening that door to go burn the z's down, he inadvertently left a way out for celia (is that her name, I can't remember?) to get out, taking Daniel with her for who the heck knows what actual reason, like she's the one who will need him now, and this will also give nick reason to go on and somehow this will lead everyone there back to Chris and his dad and who the heck actually knows what.

Basically, no one is dead, just separated and there'll be some weird big thing in the second half that just concentrates on either the lot that got to the boat (if they do) and then the remaining idiots in season 3 until somehow they join forces again magically at the back end of season 3.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

12. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I would love to see him come back (no pun intended). I liked the character a lot.

13. BlackLightning

You know what I think.

I think Celia put something in his food or drink and "bewitched" him. Because his last moments were really odd and out-of-character.

14. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

And....uh....whatever happened to his daughter Ophelia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ah haaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! This is a good theory! It would definitely explain how he went from struggling to keep it together to full blown nutso so quickly. Or maybe he was just masking it well at first.

I miss Daniel!!