Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daniel's Horde. Believable?

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 5, 2015.

1. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

It is not believable in real life but, none of it is. I do think we should have seen more walkers fall from gunfire to add some small degree of credibility. It was a great episode though.

2. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Yes. It was selfish in the extreme and incredibly fool-hardy on top of it. What he did -- although I understood his strategy and thinking -- really made me angry. At the end of the day, one of these walkers bit Liza, who had tried so hard to save Daniel's life. Daniel has his assets, but he is a loose cannon and dangerous. The stupidity and cruelty letting 2000 walkers loose is mind-boggling. How many good people died because he let them lose? 100? 200? more? And his wife was already dead anyway. The sooner Travis and Madison figure out how to leave this guy behind, the better.

3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Lol yeah the army had gatling machine guns and took less out than rick and carl did by themselves with 2 rifles on that hoard that tried to enter the prison.

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Almost as believable as zombies. :Grin:

5. Mikie

Mikie Member

I vote for not believable. How many infected (ooops, I almost wrote "walkers") has Daniel interacted with at this point that he'd be so confident about how fast they walk? I also wonder just a little if leaving the gate open was deliberate. The bunch of them are all evil proto-governors.

6. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I think at this point, they see the military as the immediate threat, not the infected. They wanted to get their people out and leave the area. I also think that our group took Cobalt to mean the humane termination of whoever was quarantined or detained and not everyone in their neighborhood

How believable is any part of the TWD? Rick survived a coma unattended for over a month, Michonne survived by walking around with her jawless, armless zombified boyfriend and his pal, which apparently renders who ever is holding their leash invisible to walkers ( why don't they just do this ALL the time?) Daryl never runs out of arrows, and I guess at any time if you choose to cover yourself in walker guts this also renders you invisible (again why not do this ALL the time?) allowing you to just blend in with any herd , unscathed.

I thought Strand's line while the army guy was getting munched was a nod to the fact that walker's do move slow It's when you find yourself outnumbered by them that there is trouble. Unless each soldier was able to get a perfect headshot that hit the brain with each shot, the only thing they were doing was drawing in more walkers. A handful of soldiers taking on a couple thousand infected and losing was not *that* unbelievable to me. These walkers are fresh and harder to kill, you could riddle them with bullets all day long, but if you don't hit the brain it doesn't matter. Peter Dawson is a good example of this - Daniel got him in the head with the first shot, just not the brain.

7. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

One. Daniel only came in contact with the one in the house when he shot it's face off.

8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yes, disregarding the 2 on the tower top, there were at least 10 on ground. Perhaps one even does not even need to aim. Just point the rifle at head level and shoot. A round is definitely going to hit some zombie's head. Also, judging from the sound, it seems they are using full automatic mode instead of a controlled mode with single burst. Even though the targets are not stationary, but zombies are slow moving and when they are 20 feet away, I dont think a head can be missed.

So, in reality, yes. In a TV show, no.

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I fully agree! It was to extreme and evil! I wonder how many more he got killed and turned into walkers thanks to this move and how could the others agree to it?

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I think they just didn't have even one single other idea. They weren't going to be invited in, and they sure didn't have firepower to enter a military compound.

11. Camilleyun

Travis and Chris wanted to get Liza, Madison and Alicia wanted to get Nick and Daniel and Ofelia wanted to get Griselda. Andrew told them they would all be killed by 9am the next morning. Like [MENTION=84612]Lindigo[/MENTION] said, they couldn't just walk up and knock and they didn't have any firepower.
    I don't think our group was worried about anyone but their immediate loved ones.

12. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I still think this number of walkers could have been manageable though. One thing that we never really see is the dead walkers getting in the way of the other ones. If the soldiers had waited til the walkers were at the fence and killed the ones at the fence 3 or 4 deep, they would have made a wall or sorts that would have prevented the walkers behind from even reaching the fence. Whenever we see walkers getting "killed" they just kinda disappear from the horde.

13. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

That is ****ed up egoistic to me. Callous bastards.

14. Mikie

Mikie Member

Watching Episode2 season 1 the other night, I could not help noticing that the walkers chasing Rick and Glen were moving pretty darned fast for walkers. If the ones in LA were moving that fast, Daniel would have been walker chow.

15. Camilleyun

It shocked me too. It's hard to justify that, but if I thought my son would be "humanely terminated" tomorrow morning and I had no other recourse, I can't say I wouldn't go full psycho either .
    My point was no one would argue against it because they all had the same thing at stake.

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I agree it was sort of refreshing to see them move so aggressively too.
    In the 1st season they were climbing ladders and fences and jumping out of windows using rocks to break glass and these would be even less fresh than the walkers here so I wonder what slowed them down?

Clearly just a show runner?

17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Thing is.

They doomed

Several dozen of soldiers
    Several dozen of sick and wounded when the chinook refused to land
    Doctor Exner
    Travis ex-wife, Lisa was it?
    Probably everyone in a radius of a few miles to die to "Roaming horde and add to it's numbers" than a humane termination" which they probably could avoid since the military seemed to have not that good morale at the moment so they might off go like the others did in the episode before.

I would have loved to see Travis wife following the military to see it from that perspective or Exner going with them to follow it from her eyes. It be reeeeeaaaally more interesting than "Teacher-Travis, the non violent Rick surviving from the start". Not saying it is bad now! I like Travis. Interesting as it is but the end was bit to callous and indomnitable for me. Also this early on, using herds? Bit weird.

EDIT: What I wonder in the first place is why the military didn't terminate what was in the arena. Not like that little chain and wooden plank would keep them out forever. Napalm bomb the center and bring down a speaker via helicopter and see those idiot walkers come walking into napalm.

18. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

They're just naturally mellower in California.