Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dante

Discussion in 'Episode 1003 - Ghosts' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So it appears the juvenile arrogant "god" banter from 1001 was just a front for a deeper character. At least that's how it appears for now. Could you now see him as a love interest for Maggie? ;)

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Dante' is still a pompous ass but he can stay

A love interest for Maggie? Why? Just because it was in the comics?

Nah. I don't see it. Unless he REALLY changes I just do not see Maggie being drawn to such an ass

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I don't see Dante as arrogant. His introduction was abrupt for sure, seemed like such a juxtaposition to Siddiq's state of mind in that moment. Maybe that was the point?
    After last night, I feel like he is a deeply tormented person who uses sarcasm and humor to hide his own anguish and pain.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I hated Comic Book Dante, and I don't like TV Dante.

Both versions are arrogant, but have some compassion for others. That said, I won't be surprised if, in a later episode, Dante goes to Michonne and tells her Siddiq is "mentally unstable" and gets her to replace Siddiq as Alexandria's main doctor.

#4 Rapscallion, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think his introduction was intentional for the viewers. Introducing him in such a way where we are uncomfortable with him and leaned towards not liking him, made his scenes in this episode that much stronger.

When they introduce characters as good people right off the bat, they tend to sort of be boring. Look at Siddiq, right off the bat he was likable and he's pretty boring. Where as a character like Dwight, or Daryl for that matter. Introducing them as off putting, then changing direction, makes us more intrigued about them.

At least that's how I saw it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I don't know a thing about comic Dante, not sure whether I even like TV Dante since his only interactions so far have been with ptsd Siddiq. He seems cocky, a little obnoxious, and mildly inappropriate, but I didn't get the vibe that he thinks he's superior to Siddiq. I guess we'll see how it plays out going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Other than level of training in the before times or practical experience in the after times, I don't think either doctor would be valued more than the other. I think the community would take it in stride as, Yay! Two doctors! And then the two would work cooperatively until the inevitable death of one or the other, since There Can Be Only One. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3