Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Darn you Eugene

Discussion in 'Episode 811 - Dead or Alive Or' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

for giving Negan the idea for the tainted weapons.

And damn, way to let the power go to your head with poor Frankie :p.

Is Eugene secretly working up a plan to foil Negan? ;)

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Nope. Euweenie is fully Negan 100%. He's never going to go against him.

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Eugene is still looking to save his own ass, just like when he met Abraham down in Texas.

I was surprised that I enjoyed Eugene bossing Frankie around. She and the other wives wanted Eugene to poison Negan, meaning they're as cowardly as he is, and he knows it. Bossing her around was the only way Eugene could stand up for himself.

I don't think Eugene is working up a plan to foil Negan. He's made his choice and he'll accept it unless someone presents him with another option.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Neuropyramidal

Eugene, though, knows that Team Raggie will not back down. Which means he knows that Negan will end up resorting to his 'last resort', being a massacre. This may well affect his loyalties.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sully

Sully Active Member

Eugene really didn't give him that idea directly. He was suggesting more of some psychological warfare stuff, not biological.

Also has Negan tested this? I thought the walker guts theory was already disconfirmed for the show by different things, like when Rick seemed to cut his hand when killing walkers in the season 6 herd episodes. And the fact that they're always rubbing the guys on themselves.

I was hoping they were gonna scratch that part from the comics. Hope it ends up not working.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

It's the whole reason Gabriel is sick.. walker guts

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Well, there's two things going on with the guts. The first is something walker-specific, which seems to have a 100% mortality rate, and kills faster than a general infection. Then we have the everyday ubiquitous bacteria that goes along with dead tissue and decay. The second is what Gabriel is sick from. But what Negan is going for is the walker specific "virus", which has never been confirmed to not work on a weapon. I'm guessing it will be shown to work nicely.

• Like Like x 2
  8. GeorgeWest

GeorgeWest New Member

I think Eugene will be redeemed somehow. Maybe his bullets will backfire?

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh Eugene, you complicated soul.

Can’t say I felt bad for Frankie though. In the ZA you shouldn’t be able to put on a dress and pout and do nothing...pull your weight! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sully

Sully Active Member

Aren't you clever, how'd you think of that one all by yourself?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Yeah, like Negan said, it's a cocktail of human waste and decay baking in the hot Virginia sun.

My guess is that the latter (non-walker bacteria) is partictlarly potent now and increases the likelihood of a general infection...

However, I am still not sold on the walker -specific virus. There have been way too many scenes on TWD (and then there's Nick) in which guts and open wounds touch... It seems terribly inconsistent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree that too much casual exposure to walker guts with superficial wounds hasn't been all that toxic but now we're talking about puncture wounds which can cause a whole lot of trouble even when you don't figure in the walker guts equation. Getting that virus deep into the tissue, like you would with say a bite, might be very effective.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Agree, but I don't think Eugene is aware that wearing guts from walkers in that area causes people to get sick, so when he suggested that to Negan he didn't know the physical ramifications. He suggested it as a psychological tactic, but Negan knows it's potential to cause sickness since he was the one who told Gabe about it. It would be weird if Gabe didn't let Eugene know that's how he got sick though. Gabe knows antibiotics work against it, maybe that'll be his new"purpose"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Reina

Reina Active Member

Nailed it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, I don't feel sorry for Frankie either. She chose her life in this world. She definitely tries to use her status as a desirable female to her advantage. That is pretty lame when you compare it to the folks who are out there fighting for what they believe in. At the same time, she is trying to survive, the same way Eugene and many others are. And she did ask Eugene to teach her how to make bullets. So she wasn't really trying to do nothing. Its more like she wanted to do something, but with special privileges. If she wants to prove herself, she does need to be put to work, just like the other workers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

She seemed conniving to me...when she asked him to show her how to make bullets it seemed more like she was trying to be cute than actually wanting to learn. Like you said, it seemed like she wanted special privileges. She probably assumes she has an advantage over the nerdy guy because she's attractive.

I do agree that she is trying to survive like everyone else, but after being used to women like Sasha, Michonne, Maggie, Carol, etc. it's tough to respect that method of survival. It's tough to respect Eugene's methods too sometimes, and i'm one of his biggest fans. Hopefully he'll turn around like i think they are inching toward at the speed of a snail.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, we are used to warriors who have been surviving in basal conditions. So people like Eugene and Frankie are hard to respect, at times. But I definitely think Eugene is redeemable. As is Frankie. Its all about what they do in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The saddest thing about this is that it is so disgustingly obvious that regardless how he does it we will not really be surprised?

They clearly seem to be setting Eugene up to redeem himself and only a writer living in his moms basement could think we don't know yet.

That Rascal.

19. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

It's hard to imagine that in all the killing of the walkers and blood/guts splatter, some would not have gotten into people's eyes, mouths, noses. Are these special zombie guts/bloods?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Black Panther

Black Panther Member

That's why I feel this 'discovery' this episode is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1