Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl and Beth

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by Jakobi, Oct 13, 2013.

1. lolly

lolly New Member

I don't know...would not rule a Beth and Daryl thing out. Maybe they want to make us not like him as much so they can kill him off.

2. JimsBeard

JimsBeard Member

My thoughts: The Beth hug was more about her than about Daryl, or the two of them. She's walling off her emotions about the dead, and choosing instead to find comfort in those still living, and I think that her lines in that scene reinforce that. As for "I liked you first", I merely interpreted that to mean that out of their little dynamic, she was the first to "catch feelings" further developing the "experienced versus virginal" dynamic of their relationship. I think the Silver Fox is going to rock his post-apocalyptic world.

3. soxymeow

soxymeow Member

WOW, I'm surprised there hasn't been another thread bout Daryl and Michonne as well lol. I didn't read anything into the hug.... but I did think he looked at Michonne funny when she returned. I just hope they give him someone new to hook up with. If he hasn't hooked up with someone at the camp already then I really can't seeing him doing so anytime soon. I wish we could see a different side to him.
    Ps not even sure if it was on this thread but I agree with someone who said he looks better with short hair. Surely they could maybe find a barber/hairdresser survivor who could clean them all up. hehehe

4. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

beths hugs are always drawn out and intense..but it was a .."we been through alot together" hug..big bro, lil sis.

5. JimsBeard

JimsBeard Member

Given that it's ~2 years since zero hour, and everyone has essentially the same hair they did, I'm assuming they already have.

6. Challia

Challia Member

Exactly. I was too.

7. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

It's all kind of weird.

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I don't want to rule out Daryl/Beth happening, but I also don't think it's a good idea to read too far into the hug. The hug was clearly more of a comforting thing than a romantic thing, but that doesn't mean that the hug won't be the starting point for a relationship between them. It's not likely, but it's possible.

To be honest, I'd prefer Daryl to hook up with Beth over Carol. I like Daryl and Carol as buddies too much to ever see them as lovers.

9. soxymeow

soxymeow Member

Lol well they need to find someone half decent.

10. steenkash

steenkash Member

Daryl is in his early 40's and Beth is 18, how does that make any sense?

11. ApocalypseGal

ApocalypseGal Member

Beth and Daryl? C'mon, not a chance. Like someone said, he's not an affectionate person and so that is the reason for the awkward reaction when Beth hugged him.

I dont see Carol and Daryl happening either. It's obvious that Daryl isn't attracted to her. He has never flirted back. In fact, he normally acts as if her comments are embarrassing.

#51 ApocalypseGal, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  12. TWDlover92

TWDlover92 Member

Honestly, I think the writers are creating a brother/sister bond for Daryl & Beth this season. We know that Beth is supposed to go darker this season so I could see Daryl trying to put her back on the right track. Gimple never hinted at a romance between them. In fact, he seemed pretty surprised that it was even considered by the fans. Anyway, it would be very out of character for Daryl to go for Beth when they shared so little time together and they don't have a history behind them to support their pairing. It would be a cheap shot to build up the tension between Daryl & Carol for two seasons only to let him go for Beth out of the blue like that. The fans would feel betrayed.

If they got together, could you simply imagine the reaction in the group? It would turn out bad pretty fast. Hershel would never allow this to happen, Maggie & Glenn would be concerned about Beth's choice, Carl would certainly be against it and Carol would have a broken heart. So nope, this isn't happening. Even Kirkman said that they aren't doing a love triangle this season so we won't see a Daryl/Carol/Beth confrontation. Thank god because it would be absolutely ridiculous!

13. The Walking Cas

Although your point does make sense...Daryl belongs to Carol.

14. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

I would like for Daryl to teach Beth how to use a bow and arrow. That would be a pretty neat way of developing their friendship.

15. MissReedus

MissReedus New Member

I think I read a few articles that they were going to "explore" more into a Daryl/Beth relationship, rather that be friendship or otherwise, I honestly don't mind it at all. They could just be pulling our leg here, so who knows. I thought the hug was really cute, and personally I think Beth held on a little longer than necessary, so I mean yeah, I'd ship it :Grin:.

16. Lian

Lian Member

It would be 'fun' to see, but I think it would have been more of a 'crush' than real love.

Don't think US television would go well with with any love thing between the 2 characters.