Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl and Connie

Discussion in 'Episode 911 - Bounty' started by Duce000, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Anyone else feel it was like the dumbest thing possible for Daryl to take Connie out with him to track this unknown group of savages?

If it was me she would not be going no matter what. It's too dangerous for her out there with someone who has no idea how to communicate with her other than writing on paper. I wonder what story they are trying to tell by making this happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

He didn't agree to take her. He walked off and she followed him. Short of tying her up how was he going to stop her? Quite frankly, I agree she could be a liability since they can't really communicate but depending how events go down she might prove to be an asset after all.

#2 purriwinkle, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  3. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I personally LOVED the pairing! Connie has a keen sense of sight that can help Daryl with his tracking ability and Dog's as well.

Love love love it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. barbell43

barbell43 Member

Did anyone think it was wasteful that she wrote her notes so big? It took up the whole sheet of paper, and paper must be in short supply at this point.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I'm torn. While Connie is well versed in the outside world......you're right, they can't communicate. But maybe all they need is hand signals.

6. purriwinkle

If she survives this story arc, I hope to see her giving ASL lessons to everyone at Hilltop. It's a great way to secretly get your message across as we saw when Luke was signing about the baby as she hid in the corn field watching. Right now they'll have to do as you suggest, use some general hand gestures to signal what they intend to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

She survived this long not being able to hear. I would say she can take care of herself.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

They can communicate. As you go on to say, hand signals communicate. So does eye contact and expression and a horde of microsignals we're barely aware of sending or receiving.

I used to make theatre, in theatres with headset comms for all the backstage stars - then I was asked to make some in a village community centre with no such luxuries and an outdoor journey to get from stage right to stage left without being seen. I only agreed because the two (female) friends who'd proposed the project looked capable of stage managing, one on each side, without being able to speak to each other at all. I was proved right :)

Granted, when actors die they don't come back and bite you, but I think Connie and Daryl (they'll have to be 'Donnie') would make a great pairing. They won't make great TV, but you can't have everything...

9. purriwinkle

Connie has survived but the group and most notably her sister have been her ears. In order to communicate with Daryl she will have to be in sight of him. Still good. I only worry about her because unlike a hearing person, she can't hear the sounds the walkers make, or that twig snapping or whatever that can be a warning long before you see what's going on. Maybe her other senses are heightened to compensate. God knows those Whisperers must reek to high heaven. She might smell them long before they get into striking range, lol. They'll find a way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I did not see it as Daryl taking her but more of as a "Well it's your ass" sort of acknowledgement that he didn't feel like stopping her.

There's no way I'd go out there if I was deaf. Connie is a true bad ass. Those walkers are too sneaky as it is for those who can hear.

11. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Connie would make the best whisperer ;)

This is a odd pairing, but at the same time I understand her motivation because she wants to save another one from the whisperers like the baby.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

i think Connie will gain his respect when she demonstrates that she is not going to be a dead weight damsel in disress. She might not hear them, but I bet she can smell the walkers a mile off, they must stink, the whisperers too.The baby scene shows her bravery and compassion; qualities that Darryl respects.
    I've read somewhere that some people are already shipping them. I hope it doesn't happen (it would seem as contrived as Rosita & Gabe) but they'd make an adorable couple.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I kinda have the same feelings about this. When I first saw her take off with Daryl I had the same doubts many of the others in this thread had, but then the more I thought about it the more I realized that despite her lack of hearing she still manages to be one step ahead sometimes.

In the episode Stradivarius when they take shelter in that shack and wake up the morning after, she is indeed the first one to pick up that something is wrong. She becomes very still and lays her hand on the ground and her friends (Magna first of all) immediately notice her behavior and call out to Michonne to warn her something is up. By the time DJ runs in and tells them that there is indeed a herd coming they are all already on alert. (I have to say that scene had the same effect on me as a viewer, the minute I saw her put her hand on the ground I thought "uh-oh" ).

Also at the end of the episode when they run into the two "guards" from Hilltop, Connie notices something in the woods. Once again the others notice she is suspicious of something and ask what's wrong. She shrugs it off and says it was nothing, but they were indeed being watched and out of all of them she was the only one to pick up on that.

Not saying that could make it on her own because hearing is a very important sense, but I don't think she is 100% useless or a liability either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

They are getting paper from the same place they were getting gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. tsahi

tsahi Member

This is TV, it must be visually clear to be effective.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I don't think Connie's heightened sense of smell will help much in this quest, especially when the 'dog' is there. She can't compete in this category. As her going along has to have a purpose, maybe she will show off her lip reading skill. Say, she and Daryl are far away from Alpha and Daryl can't hear but Connie eavesdrop Alpha's dialogue with Beta by reading her lips.

17. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

That would be a plus. She’s also a lot quieter then dog.

18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing.

19. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Oh? They're making paper out of corn?
    Actually between abandoned houses and offices there's probably lots of paper notepads to be had.

20. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

No. There is a roving band of gypsies roaming Georgia providing hard to find items. First it was gas, then paper, next will be plausible villains.

• Funny Funny x 1