Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl and Connie

Discussion in 'Episode 1005 - What It Always Is' started by BlackBird, Oct 30, 2019.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Ep 5 SPOILERS AHEAD!

From the previews we know Daryl and Connie will be paired again in this episode, looking for Kelly.
    Much as I'm concerned for Kelly, I'm so excited to see these two lovelies spending more time together.

And then, I come across THIS!!!!!

https://www.eonline.com/uk/news/108...daryl-opens-up-to-connie-in-an-unexpected-way

I don't like spoilers but there was no way in hell I could resist this one. :rolleyes:

The link takes you to an article that has a 2 minute exclusive sneak peek of one of their scenes together, and now I'm practically hyperventilating. I thought I'd share with those who don't mind seeing chunks of an upcoming episode, and are also rooting for these two... :)

#1 BlackBird, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BlackBird

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

@Dnae party of one, your table is ready.

What is tonight's special you ask, well it's the chef's specialty. We like to call it "You know you wanna love Daryl".

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. BlackBird

It's really quite lovely, once you decide to let go of previous tastings offered by the old chef who refused to season the dish properly and only served meagre portions. The new chef cooks it perfect! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I love you kids. I really do.

And yes, season 9/10 Daryl is better than previous seasons Daryl BUT he will never be a favorite character of mine. And I just do not see myself ever in fictional character love with Daryl. Isn't it enough that I like him a wee bit more than I did prior to season 9????? :p:cool::D

Not to mention that I really do not have any warm fuzzy feelings about Norman Reedus

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. BlackBird

A baby step in the right direction... so we're good! :D

8. BlackBird

I just love how Daryl's telling Connie a story to de-stress her. He's so good at telling stories. I'm happy they have tapped into this side of him again, because we haven't really seen it for a very long time. Like when he was telling Andrea about the time he got lost in the woods as a kid. Giving Carol the Cherokee rose. Opening up to Beth. That might have been the last time.

The other remarkable thing in this scene is that it creates countless opportunities for him to touch Connie, and he makes good on all of them and some more, and it seems so natural to him. He was like this with Beth as well by the end, but this feels a lot more conscious now. Like he's definitely aware now on some level that he's really drawn to this woman. Daryl has no game? Pffft.

#8 BlackBird, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I ADORE Connie

I like Daryl well enough

IF Daryl ends up in a relationship....

I am deffo on team Donnie

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OH and it has taken every ounce of willpower I have not to watch nor read what this spoiler is about

AND I have also been struggling to steer clear of the spoiler Q&A for the episode

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. blundig

blundig Member

The relationship would have one feature that is necessary. It's interracial.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Same reason Michonne and Ez would never really be allowed to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I absolutely loved when Connie and Daryl were talking before he left and he said he understood why she wanted to lie for Magna because they were her family. THEN she signed that Daryl and she were family. Ahhhhhhh......

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BlackBird

Oh, my heart could barely take that. Neither could Daryl's by the look of it. Saved by the bell of having to go, lol. This thing they've got going is all shades of wonderful.

And Daryl has smiled more in the last handful of episodes than in the entire series prior. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's always good too when they bring up past characters. Some of Gimple's seasons were a light on that, and it's something people would do. Would be cool if they worked in a Merle flashback at some point for Daryl. Michael Rooker did such a great job as that character.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Wait... what?... There's more than one of you?

[​IMG]

Also... Sasha was way too good for Bob. Never should have happened.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

ilove this relationship its believable and sweet. ever since he lost merle and beth, daryl has needed someone to be 'there' for. carol is going through her own journey and is emotionally unavailable to be in a relationship.
    connie is as independent as the old daryl, but apparently less damaged and without the emotional baggage, daryl had to overcome. she is strong, mature and intuitive and just the right person for him to be with now that he is more settled and less insular. i hope they do become an official couple. I am untroubled by the interracial element. in the ZA you take your comfort wherever you can find it, old taboos and prejudices are less important.

• Like Like x 3
  19. BlackBird

Still can hardly believe that all this has actually happened, it's now canon.
    Daryl learning sign language for Connie, comforting Connie, casually touching Connie... and Connie calling Daryl family with heart eyes, reaching for Daryl's hand, AND ALL THE SMILES!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. BlackBird

[​IMG]

Lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1