Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl can't drive a stick?

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by QuantumCurt, Mar 21, 2016.

1. ~Wiccan~

~Wiccan~ New Member

I thought the exact same thing. A bike riding country boy who can't drive a stick? I bet Merle had him driving and learning how to hot wire at 6 yrs. old! [​IMG]

2. Captain Sisko

Captain Sisko Member

One must not forget there are different levels of redneck.

There are rednecks who are within the confines of civilization who enjoy Nascar, WWE and is a trump supporter.

Then there are rednecks who are straight out of "Squeal like a pig" DELIVERANCE. Daryl and merle come from the Deliverance line of rednecks.

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

My Dad insisted i learn to drive a stick when i was 16 and he would make me drive on the streets even though i kept stalling out at stop lights. It's been a while though, i bet i'd be as rusty at it as Daryl.

4. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

As some of you have pointed out, I think this scene was basically just meant to give us a bit of character development for Denise before they offed her. We were supposed to see that she's not completely helpless and that she has some kind of useful skills (aside from her medical skills of course), but the scene really just failed. He was intentionally grinding it even worse after she mentioned it, but I find the whole scenario hard to believe. It's a fair point that not all rednecks are going to automatically know how to drive a stick, but the Daryl that has been developed over the last 6 seasons does not strike me as the kind of guy who doesn't know how to drive a stick.

It's possible that it was just an old truck in bad shape, but that doesn't really make sense either. The ASZ doesn't exactly have a shortage of vehicles. Why would they choose to take out the old worn out truck with a transmission that's in such horrible shape? It makes no sense.

I think it was basically just a plot device, but it was a poor one.