Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl Daryl Daryl

Discussion in 'Episode 302 - Sick' started by Fivespddisco, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Fivespddisco

Fivespddisco New Member

This Episode and last Rick yells out Darrell! anytime there is trouble. The guys got one Arrow in the crossbow what is he going do with 11 zombies chasing them down the hallway? I know he is a bad ass but Rick screaming for him is getting tiresome.
    We all know Darrell is going to handle the situation but we don't need Rick acting like a high school girl to remind us.
    Am I the only one that feels this way?

off soap box.

2. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

I don't, seems that Daryl has become his right-hand man. So he pretty much is expecting or hoping that Daryl has his back

3. Fivespddisco

Fivespddisco New Member

Maybe was just me.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I kind of love the chemistry between Rick and
    Daryl, Darly is taking the role that Shane should have taken long ago. The trustworthy right hand of Rick. You can even see that in the scene before the Laundry room scene.

Daryl: Did you see his eyes?
    Rick: Another move...
    Daryl: Give me a signal...

That there shows how understanding they are, and how they developed a partnership relationship.

5. Fivespddisco

Fivespddisco New Member

Agree but Rick screams for him 4 times in Situations that would require more than one guy to resolve the issue.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

He probably knew Daryl was his little Chuck Norris :p

7. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

There was 4 situations that he needed Darrel (daryle?) in? Really? i think i missed a few... good reason to go and watch it again

8. Eat ALL the Cheese!

It's spelled DARYL.

9. Fivespddisco

Fivespddisco New Member

That's not what Siri says :zombies_blush:

10. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Well your Siri is wrong! :Grin:
    Obviously Daryl is skilled at killing and making decent decisions in regards to zombie killing tactics.
    So its not a bad thing for him to have Ricks back, plus there's T-Dog on his left hand riot shield and all, so its not just the two of em.

11. Chreees

Chreees Member

Daryl is a badass with a bowgun... Why the hell wouldn't you yell out his name for help? :zombies_lol:

12. Fivespddisco

Fivespddisco New Member

I think I'm being misunderstood. I'm not criticizing Darryl in anyway but just bringing attention to the fact that Rick was crying out for him every two minutes. I guess I'm alone on this.

#12 Fivespddisco, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  13. Fivespddisco

Fivespddisco New Member

You're not kidding! You should see what I got my wife for our anniversary after asking Siri for a recommendation.

14. Chreees

Chreees Member

Nah man, you're fine, no worries. People just mistook what you were trying to say I guess. I dunno. Either way, no worries. :)

15. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

It didn't bother me. Rick was just letting Daryl know he needed him at the moment. If you notice Rick only calls Daryl when he's busy taking care of something or needs an extra hand. And referring to Rick as a school girl isn't really an accurate description of the man. I know you were only describing the way he was calling out Daryl's name when he needed help, but I still don't think the description fit.

16. angrysquirrel

angrysquirrel New Member

I like the Rick / Daryl thing. Daryl is totally rocking out during these first two episodes. He's my most loved character in the series now. Guy is a tough as nails ninja warrior. Daryl is the trusted sidekick Rick should have had in the beginning. On a side note, I am really surprised t-dog lasted as long as he did. I thought he would have been zombie chow in series one. He still doesn't have much dialogue but I like the way he protects the group and acts as Rick's trusted bodyguard.

17. Rigormortis

Rigormortis New Member

I can't wait to see how the relationship between Daryl and Rick will be affected once a certain brother comes back into the picture. Feel bad for Daryl if he has to choose between blood and the folks he has come to protect. I would not want to be in his shoes when he ultimately has to make that decision.

18. Chreees

Chreees Member

This. I'm waiting for this moment. It's going to be such a pivotal point in the show, I think.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I believe Daryl will stick to Rick and the group, he has grown more attached (maybe not the best word to use) to the group than his lost brother. The way I see it, Daryl's brother is long dead to him.

But if it did turn out that Daryl will choose blood over the group, that'd be a real bummer.

20. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Like others have said, Daryl is Rick's second in command. He's basically the TV version of Tyrese at the moment.

We're also led to believe that they've practiced and learned all these different procedures in the seven months between S2 and S3. If something goes wrong with Rick, Rick goes to Daryl. If something goes wrong with Daryl, Daryl goes to T-dog, or whoever is next in line.

If you notice in the scene when Tomas throws the walker on Rick, Daryl immediately goes to Rick's rescue and yells out "T(meaning T-Dog of course), mind the gaps! ". They've grown into a perfect unit, essentially. No man is for himself.