Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl finally fits in

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by RarreKZ, Mar 9, 2015.

1. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Glad to see Daryl is doing alright aswell. Although I think Aaron is afraid of Daryl because he was looked quite worried when he noticed Daryl could tell a human apart from a walker.

2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Either that, or they are setting Daryl up to separate him from the rest of his group and get him out of Alexandria.
    Yes, I'm paranoid and have trust issues.

#2 Camilleyun, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  3. batongal

batongal Active Member

I don't think he was worried at all, I think he was shocked and surprised. That's a great skill to have if you're looking for a recruiting partner.

4. Mello

Mello Member

Daryl and Aaron's scene's were my favorite in this episode. It was not only really cute to see Daryl finally fitting in, but It was also inspiring in a way.

5. LoriG

LoriG Member

I thought he was going to cry when Aaron gave him the job, and the bike! Loved that lip wobble he did, he's been given a decent job and feels like he fits in at last!

6. Busted Flipflop

I loved the spaghetti scene.

7. batongal

batongal Active Member

Aaron trusts Daryl because he was spying on them. He heard what Glen said to Daryl about, we can make it but we have to do it together that's when Daryl took off into the woods and had himself a smoke and a cry. Aaron had to have seen that and realizes there is more to Daryl than the biker guy with a crossbow.

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I think Aaron really did a good thing by Daryl with the motorcycle and giving him responsibility. Acting as the person who decides who's worth getting in and who isn't? If that isn't the group putting trust in him, what is? It seems he understands that, as he didn't take the gun from Carol.

9. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

I really REALLY want to trust Aaron. I loved the connection and commaradarie between Aaron & Daryl. I just recall the interview in which Norman said that "someone" is not who you think they are... So, of course, I'm wondering WHO that could be. I hope it's not Aaron!

10. Matt

Matt Member

I'm thinking he's referring to Pete. So far, Pete's been shown to be a pretty decent guy, no signs of domestic abuse or anything.

The other obvious choice would be Enid but I don't see them having her be part of the Wolves/Scavengers. Doesn't make one iota of sense.

11. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Agreed! I love that Daryl feels like he can contribute to the group now. He felt needed when he could provide the group with food and security, but now neither of those are needed behind the walls. Daryl was feeling useless and obviously missed having a purpose. And can I just say, I love Aaron!!

12. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

that interview was before the last episode right? So I thought he meant Aaron, but that there was just a lot more there to see than it first appeared, which is true, when he started relating to Daryl, and made friends, that was not hinted at before. So just a case of not being who they seemed to be wasn't a bad thing.

13. Kayley

Kayley Member

I don't trust Aaron, and I don't like the "Daryl fits in"-thing at all.
    It's like Joe said: An outdoor cat can never become an indoor cat.

14. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

The little description Daryl gave of the horse could well have been autobiographical. And those Walkers surely represented a pack of wolves. I found that scene horrifyingly foreboding. Ditto the entire episode.

15. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

No I dont think Aaron is afraid of Daryl. Aaron followed their group for two weeks undetected. Aaron followed Daryl until he decided it was the right time to make enough noise for Daryl to hear him. Then he flatters Daryl with the comment about knowing the difference between human and walker sounds. Aaron is playing Daryl.

16. Kayley

Kayley Member

Yeah, had that feeling too.
    But you can interpretate it in two ways I guess:
    1. There is this wild animal, that always runs away, and while running (maybe because of the running?), it get's eaten.
    That would indiacate for Daryl to stop running and let himself get "caught", so to speak. And that is what he does in the end... he lets himself be caught into the community by Aaron.

2.The horse, that never got caught, gets eaten inside a piece of fence, while others (Daryl and Aaron) try to catch it). Sure, it might have been able to jump the fence, but it didn't, and it got eaten.
    This would indicate for Daryl, if you were to transfer the horses fate to his, that he should not stop running, but keep going.... if necessary even go "over the fence".

I really liked that scene, but, as I said many times before, I just do not trust Aaron.

17. lovedaryl

What "Daryl fits in" thing? Did someone say that? I don't recall that scene. Thanks!

18. lovedaryl

I think it was recent... yes, between "Remember" and "Forget"

So, Zmom, do you think Aaron is playing Daryl, or on the up & up?

19. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think he's on the up and up, with Aaron and Eric, and Daryl I think what you see is what you get, they have that in common, and I think they see each other pretty clear. I think Aaron was just a surprise because he was tougher than you first thought, and he is an outsider like he said. He just has more layers than first appearances, but he's a good guy. He and Daryl will have to trust each other if they are doing recruiting together, their lives will depend on it. I think they will be good friends if they don't kill him off soon.

20. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the Aaron-Daryl dynamic as it is being presented. I will be disappointed if there is a large plot twist involving them.