Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl laying in that coffin...

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by cakebythepound, Mar 9, 2014.

1. cakebythepound

That freaked me out. If it was foreshadowing, it was kind of heavyhanded, but I don't put it past this show lol. Do you guys think that was some kind of writing on the wall for Daryl?

2. Redimet

Redimet Member

could be foreshadowing since now hes with the bandits.

3. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Totally creeped me out!

4. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

It's unlucky to lay in a coffin when you're still alive, so Forshadowing with a capitol "F" I say

5. Thangs & Stuff

Thangs & Stuff Well-Known Member

was I the only one who thought it was kind of funny and didnt thought of foreshadowing at all...

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

No, it can't be. After all they did last week, then this week having Beth say, "soon I won't need you any more", then the coffin thing? I mean seriously, if that's what the writers think the audience needs for foreshadowing they have a VERY low opinion of their audience. Which they may do, LOL, but I doubt that this is how they'd express it.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Well with this many viewers it's a good chance a great deal of them are stupid. ;P

8. PlymouthDW

PlymouthDW Member

After Beth saying "Soon, I won't need you anymore" coupled with the lying in the coffin, I was almost sure that the horrifically large herd that broke into the house was going to be his downfall. Of course, I quickly realized that Daryl's rabid fanbase would probably try to bomb AMC headquarters and reasoned that they wouldn't kill him.

9. ravgrel

ravgrel Member

It's a new way to chill in ZA.

10. TWD_fanatic

TWD_fanatic Member

Reasons why Daryl's time is coming

A) Beth's "Your going to be the last man standing." Speech

B) We know his whole life story, he's completed.

C) That biker group is bad news.

D) *sitting in coffin* "this is the most comfortable bed"... (That scenes foreshadowing scared the f*ck outta me it was so creepy!)

11. cakebythepound

Like I said, it's pretty heavy-handed if it is, but... it's not like these writers are incapable of stupid shit lol. But maybe they're just trolling the Daryl fans.

12. Porfivor Nixon

Oh, god, no- you're not serious, are you? There is NO chance of Daryl dying in the next two seasons, at least.

13. CauseTheyreFast

I honestly think they're just putting the Daryl girl fans on edge. In all the seasons of TWD, there was never so much foreshadowing that you could basically hold up a damn sign saying "So n' So is gonna DIE!"...No...I really think the whole comment Kirkman said about it being a "dare" to kill of Daryl is the reason they're doing all that.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I actually think it's the opposite of foreshadowing. They wouldn't be that obvious, so the fact that they did it makes him seem more safe to me. They are purposely trying to make us think he might die, but he won't.

15. charlieez

charlieez Member

I think it's a metaphoric death. Either Beth will die, or he will be lead into thinking Beth is dead, and he will change (i.e. die). He will stay with this group of "hunters" and become a different person from the Daryl we know, probably not reuniting with the original group till next season.

16. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

That was such obvious symbolism/foreshadowing that they might as well just write "WE'RE MISLEADING YOU" in the sky.

17. batongal

batongal Active Member

Foreshadowing or not, I almost felt like the beginning scene where Daryl finds Bob was a gratuitous let's have one last Daryl and Glen scene together.

18. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

What if Daryl and the Bandits does not get resolved until next season and what if there is a time jump between seasons? What kind of Daryl would come out the other side? And what would happen if he met with Ricks group then? Same with Beth's kidnapping arc.

Probably neither of those things will happen but I wish they would.

19. CauseTheyreFast

That would be pretty interesting. We know Daryl is at least in one more episode with the Hunters based off of the photographs...You're left wondering the entire time if Daryl is dead or if he has "officially" joined that group. It's a reason for people to come back and watch the 5th season.

20. John Smith

John Smith Member

Speaking of foreshadowing... with Beth going on about there still being good people out there all episode, I get the feeling her opinion is about to change.