Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl laying in that coffin...

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by cakebythepound, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Yeah. My guess is that there will be a meeting with Ricks group. The bandits will die. And Daryl will rejoin Ricks group. All before the end of the season. But I still hope not. Lol

2. Mr Samhain

Mr Samhain Member

No, I was the same. Though, the foreshadowing idea is cool.

3. sam12six

sam12six Member

It's a show about zombies. Of course a lot of the writers are stupid!! ;)

This scene didn't really symbolize anything to me. I just took it at face value and felt it was Daryl's juvenile attempt to impress Beth by creeping her out. If they actually meant it to be symbolic, I'm in the camp that they're setting up a "Gotcha!! You thought he was gonna die, didn't you?"

Speaking of coffins, when they approached the first one when they came in, for some reason I really expected the guy to sit up and recreate the Bill Murray scene from Zombieland...

#23 sam12six, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  4. castlemania

castlemania Member

It's easy to think that was a foreshadowing moment but I think it's the opposite. Daryl is safe! I guarantee that. If he could fight off all those walkers like that, then he will handle these nut jobs! He's used to these type of people.

5. Indisposed

Indisposed Member

I agree with numerous others in this thread : they are trolling the hell out of everyone. Darryl isn't dying this season, people

6. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Most definitely some sort of foreshadow. Between that and the whole "last man standing" bit between him and Beth, I think Daryl's actually on his way out. That's why I think they're doing all this deep emotional development with him all the sudden. They're rounding him out, showing finally the true change that has occured in him, finishing his evolution as man. So they can inevitably end his story. It's actually really similar to what they did with Merle, evolving from obnoxious, violent redneck, to an honorable, good-hearted martyr. He finally learned what it meant to need other people and also deeply care about them. Being the type of man he was though, he didn't know how to be the change, and express his feelings and loyalty. So he chose to lay down his life, for his beloved brother and his new family.To show those who would have never accepted him, that he was a good man. In hope that his life could buy their safety.

7. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I thought it was foreshadowing his death.. like 'well this is the best you gonna see today from Daryl, he's going to get eat alive in about 30 minutes...

8. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

Maybe it has something to do with my dark sense of humor but i didn't saw it as foreshadowing.

9. CauseTheyreFast

I honestly think this whole season has been about trolling the Daryl fan girls...The finger licking before the virus started, the walker in the prison attack, the "last man standing", the coffin. It's all been about, 'OMG is Daryl gonna die next week?" Gets people talking about it.

After last night, the coffin scene actually relieved me. Last week I told my husband that he was gonna die this season. That scene made it all seem over done with the foreshadowing, and I kinda had a "I see what you did there" moment.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

That was Daryl laughing at death.

He is not afraid of anything.

11. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Pure fabrication

12. Caryl

Caryl Member

If he does that he'd be regressing from the big change he supposedly went through the last couple episodes. He didn't have much choice but to join their group at that point. Resisting anymore than that punch would've been his death warrant. He's being pragmatic and thinking smart.

13. falconsfan1

falconsfan1 Member

You have a very loose definition of chance, considering they can't have a touchy feely episode without idiots yelling "BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

14. ShamblingCorpse

I think they are leading us on to make us scared for Daryl. It is so obvious with all these clues and hints that it has to be red flags. I think that they will leave it up in the air for a bit, even do the time skip between seasons with Daryl hanging out with Joe and Co. but he isn't dead yet, or even soon.

I could be wrong, and I'm not sure if I'd be disappointed or not.

15. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

*sigh* Okay, you are in a funeral home in a ZA, you've been sleeping in uncomfortable places for pretty much 1,5 years, you're sitting in that room and you see an empty coffin (which is much more comfortable than sleeping on the floor), what do you do? You would obviously lay in it.

Not trying to defend Daryl, it can also be foreshadowing but I just wanted to write my thoughts here.

16. Matt

Matt Member

AMC vs Death.

AMC will always win.

17. gavuk

gavuk Member

I'm not wanting to upset Daryl fans but i'm liking the (sexual tension) build up between him and Beth. The coffin was just another scene to keep us guessing about the will they/won't they kill off Daryl question.
    I thought it funny when Daryl climbed into the coffin and said it would be the most comfortable place he's slept in in quite a while (or words to that effect).... i'm gonna let DD into a secret....hey Daryl there are bedroom and beds just a few steps away upstairs

18. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I think that Daryl laying in that coffin was a red haring. The viewer was MEANT to think this was foreshadowing an impending doom when in fact the foreshadowing they were suppose to glean was when Beth stepped into that little small-game trap.

19. HeadlessHershel

I was really hoping Beth would jump on him so they could join 'the coffin club'.

20. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

that plus beth's comment about not needing him anymore.. you never know when it comes to TWD.