Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl stabbing the concrete

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by Pistachio, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

I know that scene was meant to show how upset Daryl was overCarol but why now? He wasn't upset (like this) when they presumed she was dead and didn't even attempt to look for her but as soon as they find evidence that she's been fighting for her life then all of a sudden he's all sad and stuff? What? I thought he'd just go looking for her there and then :/

2. RicksRightHand

I think Daryl was always hopeful that Carol was still alive but him finding her knife lodged in some zombies neck confirmed to him that she'd lost in a struggle with a walker.

3. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

He was pissed, that's for sure.

4. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

I think he was kind of freaking because he was fully expecting to put down carol as a zom. he figured there was a weak zom back in that closet. finding the knife proved to daryll that carol was fighting for her life somewhere near by. my guess is he fully expected a zombie carol behind the door when he opened it. a couple of scenes make me think carols presumed death made daryll face feelings he had for her.

5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I agree with this completely. My wife and I both thought Daryl was affraid he was going to have to put down a zombified Carol.

6. trinity

trinity Member

zombified Carol, I did not think about that but the scene is better from that point of veiw.... probably why he was alone, as he wanted to be the one to do it and was getting up the courage to do the task.

7. Joenips

Joenips Member

During this scene my friend made a good point. He said it had to be Carol alive because a newly turned walker would probably really strong.

And yes Daryl in this scene is trying to prepare himself for killing what he things will be Walker Carol.

8. Roakka

Roakka New Member

maybe he was disappointed he didn't look for her more right off the bat? He just assumed she was dead after finding T-dog (RIP T DIZZLE!). while stabbing the floor he might have thought she was dead, but if he would have looked for her he could have helped her, or even since her knife was near, he coulda been preparing himself to kill her

9. CindyLou

CindyLou New Member

I feel like it wads a mixture of him feeling like he should've went out there to look for her, because she was still alive and fighting for her life, and maybe he felt like she had been bitten and was afraid he had to put her down. It was such a sad scene though!
    Oh, and on the talking dead, I think two weeks ago, one of the producers talked about a deleted scene with Maggie & Daryl when they go out to look for formula. Basically Maggie tells Daryl that she's sorry about Carol and you could tell by Daryl's expression he was devastated. I don't know why they deleted that...but oh well.

10. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Yeah it was totally Daryl getting up the strength to kill walker Carol.

11. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

I didn't get the impression that he thought it would be a zombified Carol in there at all, but it does make a lot of sense. He seemed to be deep in thought and the sound of the door irritated him so he went to shut it up. I thought that Daryl was choosing now to let out some emotion because he isn't good at showing them and what better time for a person like that then when alone?

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

emotion. building up to kill zombie carol and wishing he'd helped her.

13. Pistachio

Pistachio Member

Oh I wish they had used that scene! It would have shown that he did care and was a chance for two people to sort of bond who usually wouldn't have (I don't think Daryl andMaggie interact that much).

this is what I thought too, that it was just a delayed reaction to losing Carol. Didn't expect her to be in that cupboard, I just assumed he was going to go and let out his frustrations by killing some walkers like Rick did for Lori.

Surprised by how many of you knew she'd be in there. Or maybe I'm just a bit slow lol.

14. Lenny

Lenny Member

We all know he care's for Carol...and we're all ridden with jealousy. Lets face it :zombies_cuinlove:

Daryl Dixon will never carry me through the halls of a prison *sobs*

15. Mr. McGibblets

Mr. McGibblets New Member

I agree with a lot of the posts. He obviously was using that moment to let his emotions loose over not trying to find Carol earlier and help her. I really think he felt that Carol was a zombie behind that door and that he was preparing himself for what he needed to do.

On a side note, Carol is so frail that she practically looks like a zombie already. :)

16. marsyao

marsyao Member

Daryl believed Carol was dead and turned, the walker Carol was behind that door, he and Carol are always close, so he decides he should be the one to put walker Carol down, he does not want other to see this, so he send Carl and Oscar away, but when he is alone, he finds he can not bring himself to do it, that is the reason he sit there, thrust his knife to the ground and the wall, he even tries to leave, but eventually he makes his mind, he kicks the walker on the ground, throws the door wide open, then what a pleasant surprise.

17. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

I agree with the majority opinion of this thread..

also Daryl strikes me as one of those guys who only shows emotion when its Anger.

we were watching the heart break , and fear of a man, who only really can show us anger.. great scene!

18. yangxai

yangxai Member

I do believe that Daryl Cared for Carol, but maybe not as much as everyone here thinks he does. One reason I think this is the fact that he didn't actually go out looking for her. He goes out looking for his brother and Sophia but not Carol. In my opinion, he gave up way too easily on Carol.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Loved that scene, really shows how much Daryl cares about Carol and her possible loss. And then that scene when he gets up upset and opens the door....one of the best scenes of this season (Shit Happens remains the first haha)

20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I saw it. He was building himself up to what he knew he had to do. But lo and behold....she wasn't killable....just carry-able.... :Grin: